It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police dog attacks Weather Network reporter during LIVE Harvey coverage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Yikes.

The video of the actual attack hasn't been released yet. (Apparently, it exists.)

Sounds like that dog wasn't trained properly.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Or the situation is making the dog very nervous. You saw the hawk video? Animals know this is a bad thing and they want to get the heck away from dodge.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

True. That makes sense.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
So basically, some a'hole cop was not in control of his a'hole dog..hope they sue the hell out of them.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I was attacked by a police dog as a child, it went for my throat, trust me you never get over that!

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Did she say the guy just walked up to the Constable's car to talk to him?

He may have surprised the dog and the Constable, and the dog reacted. Glad the guy didn't get mauled or attacked. That could have been horrendous. But, his jacket was still clean and untorn, so the canine probably nipped at him and scared him sh**less.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The reporter said she thought he needed an ambulance. But yeah, he looked relatively ok. Of course, it's hard to tell. He could have some monster pressure wounds.

edit on 27-8-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
thank heavens police K9s are not armed.... reporter might've been 'accidentally' shot!.
(though someone's probably working on the idea in a lab somewhere).

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Whatever you do don't fight back with the police dog, that would be a assault of a police officer charge.
Right like the dog's are able to take a oath like human police do.

Gimme a break DOG'S are NOT police! Just tools for police.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I don't think all cops are a'holes or bad, but have seen dog handlers use their dogs to scare/intimidate/hurt + if he didn't have control over his weapon he shouldn't have it.
edit on 27-8-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I dislike the use (slavery really) of poor doggies to be the unwitting enforces of any police state. .. especially the one the U.S. now has.

Poor doggie... poor victim.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
So basically, some a'hole cop was not in control of his a'hole dog..hope they sue the hell out of them.

Agreed hopefully that dog is relieved of his duties.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Chromium51

Dog..and handler(I guess we need to see the attack before I can say that).
edit on 27-8-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Dog..and handler.

That would be the ideal situation. As a civilian with dogs that are trained to be protective dogs, if my dogs got ahold of anyone I am just as liable as them.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
There's something wrong here.

I just talked to a leo friend of mine and told him about this. He said if that reporter had actually been bitten or attacked, he would not have been allowed to just walk away. It would have been mandatory that the officer make a report and get medical attention for the man.

He most likely just got the sh** scared out of him and did not actually get bitten.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Is it possible the reporter had illegal drugs on his person which the dog is trained to respond to?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Learn how to use a gun.

Always carry a gun.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
There's something wrong here.

I just talked to a leo friend of mine and told him about this. He said if that reporter had actually been bitten or attacked, he would not have been allowed to just walk away. It would have been mandatory that the officer make a report and get medical attention for the man.

He most likely just got the sh** scared out of him and did not actually get bitten.

This is true, I had to get shots at first, as the handeler wasn't home, his child let the dog out, and I was hanging on their fence, which the dog viewed as an intruder.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Agree'd
You can't even defend yourself or protect yourself from police dogs without repercussion's.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join