It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayweather vs. McGregor: Highlights From Every Round

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: intrptr

Maybe he was letting him hang around but he only really beat his ass in the 10th but was basically even til the 10th

The fight was called in the tenth, the 'hanging around' ended in the 7th.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Conor was peppering the back of the head 100%.

Floyd absolutely did rotate his back to Conor multiple times.

I want to see Floyd vs Joanna in japan, mma rules.

edit on 28-8-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Floyd absolutely did rotate his back to Conor multiple times.

To protect himself.

Becuase Ref didn't.

EOS

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
That fight went exactly the way Mayweather wanted. Conner landed about six punches of any impact. A glorified sparing session for Mayweather. It was immediately apparent that a boxer with half the talent could easily have beaten McGregor.

Mayweather was so sure, he actually moved forward and leaned in during the fight. if you know Mayweather's style, you know he rarely wants to fight inside. He moves around, makes his opponent miss and counter punches.

Just a very easy way to get that record to 50-0 and make a ton of money.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

My question is where are all the so-called "patriots" today?

Shouldn't they be celebrating this big win for the USA?

Huh? This isn't Rocky, dude, it's real life boxing. Nationalism isn't really a big thing in pro boxing among fans anymore. Generally whichever guy is a bigger arrogant asshole, you root against. McGregor is popular because he's entertaining and, usually, backs up his words. He had no chance here just as Mayweather would have stood no chance against Connor in the Octagon.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

mayweather won the fight but he did not beat his ass

conor hit him 111 times. that is not an ass whoopin

floyd did his thing well but conor helped to beat himself. around mid 8th round he gassed out and that is when floyd really turned it on.

when the ref stopped it conor was getting hit but they were not these big ass bombs. solid shots yes but not destruction.

give conor his fair shake

a lot of people said conor would not make it past round 1 and would not even be able to hit him...

floyd won but did not beat his ass

Am kinda in disagreement here although I also agree to a point. He didn't f*** Conor up but I think what he did was went in respecting his power and understanding his movement is unpredictable so he gave it a few rounds to learn to read him then began putting the plan together. Conor has complex traps and mix ups and Floyd had to eat a few to understand how to counter them. There's no real boxing footage of Conor for the Mayweather camp to study so everything had to be processed and understood in the ring on the night.

I didn't think Floyd was ever in any significant danger and I do think he beat him intelligently and systematically without taking any risks but Conor did well considering its his first pro boxing match and was against the best boxer on the planet.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I still think Conor can win.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I watched some of the fight on SKY Boxing and the British commentators constantly referred to Mayweather as "the American" ,not by his name.

Just because a sense of nationalism has been stripped from America doesn't mean it doesn't exist outside of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join