It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayweather vs. McGregor: Highlights From Every Round

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yeah I bet you are wondering why I am posting this on a conspiracy forum aren't you?

Well here is the reason why....

Link to Tweet

NY Times Unicorn News

McGregor’s face was completely bloodied. He was about to fall through the ropes and the referee stopped the fight.

Well, basically keeping it short and sweet one thing is certain, the New York Times can't even get the details of a mainstream athletic competition straight how the hell could they possibly get the details of anything else correct?

Is it just me or is anyone else noticing a trend here from these "news" or what I am now coining Unicorn outlets?
edit on 27-8-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Am I missing something? I don't see the quote you provided about him being bloody in the article

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Theres no conspiracy, Mayweather beat his ass...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

There is a conspiracy.

The conspiracy is that Mayweather bet the fight would go past 8.5 rounds.

That's why he let up on Mcgregor in the 8th.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I think the conspiracy is over.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

mayweather won the fight but he did not beat his ass

conor hit him 111 times. that is not an ass whoopin

floyd did his thing well but conor helped to beat himself. around mid 8th round he gassed out and that is when floyd really turned it on.

when the ref stopped it conor was getting hit but they were not these big ass bombs. solid shots yes but not destruction.

give conor his fair shake

a lot of people said conor would not make it past round 1 and would not even be able to hit him...

floyd won but did not beat his ass

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

floyd did his thing well but conor helped to beat himself. around mid 8th round he gassed out and that is when floyd really turned it on.

when the ref stopped it conor was getting hit but they were not these big ass bombs. solid shots yes but not destruction.

give conor his fair shake

a lot of people said conor would not make it past round 1 and would not even be able to hit him...

floyd won but did not beat his ass

Would have been a way different fight if CM wasn't constantly hitting Floyd in the back the head or trying to wrap him up mma style.

CM did make a show out of it, but Floyd didn't even fight most of that match.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Fight was stopped because McGregor was no longer able to protect himself. He was getting beat ...

Punched himself out. How many were to the back of the neck and from behind? How many were slipped by Mayweather? I been watching highlights, Connor was frustrated by Mayweather who let Connor wear himself out, then went after him.

I saw Mayweather staggered only once. Near the end, Mayweather was driving Connor ever back, punching him round the ring.

TKO is an ass whippin

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

If the fight had gone on longer McGregor would have been hospitalized.

Mayweather was hitting him at will and Conor couldn't do anything to save himself.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Mayweather was hitting him at will and Conor couldn't do anything to save himself.

Thats why they called it. Mayweather is now 50 - 0. Amazing.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

My question is where are all the so-called "patriots" today?

Shouldn't they be celebrating this big win for the USA?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

My question is where are all the so-called "patriots" today?

Shouldn't they be celebrating this big win for the USA?

Dunno,

That could have racist overtones, just like last time. The great white hope / hype.

There, happy?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Sums it up well. I saw the fight live. CM did not seem as powerful as expected in the boxing ring but he did look okay for a pro debut against Floyd. Floyd didn't toy with him IMO, the game plan was to let McGregor wear himself out. He had only fought 25 minutes 1 time as a pro. Made sense, easy game plan. You can train all you want, nothing like the real thing!

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

What fight did you watch? Maybe he was letting him hang around but he only really beat his ass in the 10th but was basically even til the 10th

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Simple fact... Put them both out on the street and Mayweather's ass is whooped in 30 seconds. Everyone trying to talk McGregor down but he is a real fighter who stepped into Mayweather's world, and did pretty damn good.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
yeah looked to me like if they took the gloves off McGregor would have destroyed Mayweather.

They should do an MMA one now to even things out.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

seriously?
youre reaching hard

he was getting hit yes but it was not bomb after bomb

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

floyd sure did a lot of ducking low and giving his back to conor

whats up with that?

floyd won and i hand it to him but people saying conor got whooped and would have been hospitalized are just fooling themselves

had mayweather been popping him like that for 10 rounds then it might be considered an ass whooping

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

Sums it up well. I saw the fight live. CM did not seem as powerful as expected in the boxing ring but he did look okay for a pro debut against Floyd. Floyd didn't toy with him IMO, the game plan was to let McGregor wear himself out. He had only fought 25 minutes 1 time as a pro. Made sense, easy game plan. You can train all you want, nothing like the real thing!

Exactly. McGregor is a tough opponent. The best. The sounds of those punches made it clear how tough top contenders are. But together, fighting in the ring, they make it look easy to our eyes. Any of those blows would topple us, but they are so fit, they can absorb tremendous punishment from each other.

Mayweather is real good at slipping punches, frustrated the hell out of McGregor. He knew the key was to what for Bravado to punch itself out, and then go in for the kill. Thats the way I saw it too.

Brilliantly executed by Mayweather.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

floyd sure did a lot of ducking low and giving his back to conor

whats up with that?

I saw those parts a little different.

CM grabbed the back of Mayweathers neck multiple times, delivering blows to the back of the head, pulling him down and forward. Thats illegal, the only thing Mayweather can do is cover up, wait for the ref, who was awfully slow sometimes to separate them.

You can hear the ref repeatedly, "Let go of his neck", round after round. Should have lost points for that after two warnings. Sometimes it was allowed to go on so long that CM grabbed his neck then stepped behind Mayweather and started punching from behind!

Again, all Mayweather can do is cover up and wait for the ref.

He did say before the fight he might get 'out ref-d'.

Turns out none of that mattered.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join