It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man at church, who's dad went to hell and lived.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
A couple of months ago I started going back to mass, and one week we met this guy
who was freinds with my Aunt named Dave. After mass we ran into him and he was telling us about his
father who was on his death bed earlier that year and was ready to die. He was an atheist all his life Dave told
us and he would not convert to the church or believe in God. One night he passed away for a couple of minutes, but he some how
was revived back to life. He woke and when he opened his eyes the were pitch black like in a scary movie, and he had literal
claw marks on his feet from nowhere. He told Dave that it was the most single scary place he has ever been and did not want to go back. he
said it was so dark and lonely and there was no way out. He was literally terrified of the thought of going back there, so in the next couple of days
he embraced God and converted by recieving the sacraments. He then died two weeks later in the same hospital.

Dave told us about this amazing story I think around November. He said before his dad died, he prayed to the mother of
perpetual help for 12 years before he died fo his conversion. He was crying andsaid he missed him.

This was an unbelievable story that ill never forget, and im glad I went to mass that day to hear about it.

Please, no flames for this, I just thought this story was so amazing I needed to post it.

peace.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth
This was an unbelievable story

Indeed.
And the abridged version is:

All atheists are damned to in hell.

I've also heared stories where athiests have seen the 'other side' [tunnel of light] yet still remained atheists afterwards.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
wow. Im just stating an amazing story ive heard, you take it how you want to. this man was a witness at his fathers death bed, and I thought
it was too amazing to not share.

Interesting.

" Ive heard of athiest who have seen the tunnel of light and remained atheist "

evolution means when you die, you die. Why was there a tunnel of light? how can they remain atheist after seeing such light and actually (living) after death to
see it?

They must have a soul.

look riley, don't turn this post into a hate post. i just wanted to share with everybody.

peace.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think what riley is saying is correct. This is the second time a story was posted in this fassion on this site. You posted it because you came across it. I have heard the exact same story, with the exception of claw marks on the feet.

No flames, just personal opinion. If it is inspiring to you, so be it.

Remember that there are motives to tell a story such as this. (not referring to you)

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth
wow. Im just stating an amazing story ive heard, you take it how you want to.

Apologies. I thought it was pretty obvious the moral of the story was that all atheists are damned. Was I wrong?

evolution means when you die, you die. Why was there a tunnel of light? how can they remain atheist after seeing such light and actually (living) after death to see it?

They must have a soul.

Energy cannot die.. it just changes. There can be 'afterlife' without benefit of god.. or 'God' in the traditional sense. There is also a possibility that the brain creates hallucinations during such trauma.

look riley, don't turn this post into a hate post. i just wanted to share with everybody.

Demonising me?

I didn't turn it into a hate post.. it started as a hate post.
Your intended message is clear.. telling one section of the community they will go to hell for not converting.. if you said 'moslem' or 'hindu' instead of atheist would you still expect people to not be annoyed? It is not just an 'innocent story' -it has a purpose. I will put my annoyance aside for a moment though.. what is your interpritation of this story? Are you just 'sharing' it with everyone or preaching? Whats the difference?

[edit on 9-2-2005 by riley]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
(Sadly)These stories won't have an impact on you unless you were actually there or personally know someone who was. Truth is merely relaying a story that he/she heard, and never said "Repent Ye Sinners! Or be doomed to hell!" If that's the way you take it, then maybe it's what you need to hear. Personally I saw it as a touching story of a man who was given another chance.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

It is not just an 'innocent story' -it has a purpose.

Here is another very very similar story

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Truth is merely relaying a story that he/she heard, and never said "Repent Ye Sinners! Or be doomed to hell!"

That will probably be on page two.

If there was evidence backing it I might have been less suspicious of the intention in posting it.
Of course I originally merely posted my interpritation of the story and so it was insantly labelled a hate post. Go figure.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
ummm... yeah... right. I believe in hell and all dat stuff, but not this one. keep tryin though man

new topics

top topics

join