It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tick (Amazon show)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Amazon released 5 new episodes of The Tick on Friday. Already saw the pilot and have watched 2 new episodes so far. I like it. Cute little show. Anybody else watching it?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Does it have Patrick Warburton? I can't imagine another Tick

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
i've only seen the pilot but i'm really excited there's more out now... hoping to watch some of it tonight.

and i had a hard time imagining anyone better than warburton... but serafinowicz is entirely credible. he does great

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yeah the new guy that plays The Tick does a great job.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

i like how it's got a more psychological angle for arthur, too. it doesn't quite go to that grimdark place, but it gives the show a lot of depth that i didn't see in the last version.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Peter Serafinowicz was born in Liverpool. As The Tick he's pretty great. As far as I know, they haven't done the whole "SPOON!" or "not in the face!" thing yet. so we'll see. Maybe it comes later.

Arthur's costume is absurd and funny. Arthur is just tragic. It's like Voltaire himself came out of the shadows and developed this character.

Fellow Texan Peter Serafinowicz plays my favorite character, Dangerboat. He's an actual boat. An AI boat. He's like an ultra defiant modern day AI Jeeves. They need to show more of him. Just the name Dangerboat cracks me up.

I can't wait to see the next six. If it's six. I dunno. I binged it this weekend and can't get enough.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I just got home from a day out eating and enjoying craft beer with the wife... at the end of the night we stopped somewhere we never noticed in town before, it's technically a bar that sells shaved ice with alcohol in it. I ordered a green key lime shaved ice with tequila. No idea what it was but I asked for Patron Silver and the bartender (?) offered something else instead which was killer.

Now I'm drunk, properly, at home and still drinking. Rogue 6 hops IPA, yeah buddy. As soon as I sat down at the computron the wife says, "no, don't get on ATS, find something to watch". As she said this I saw this post about the Tick...

I love me some Tick, especially the old live action one. I responded, "If it were not for ATS I wouldn't have known the new Tick actually already happened. We're watching that!".

Thank you, fellow Tick fan. I'm off to check this out.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

Now that is funny. Hope you enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Yeah. All caught up now.

It's not bad. I doubt it will be around for a season two or onward unless this is somebody's pet project and they've already invested in it. Which is a bit sad because it works even with the consistency of the joking being off-base.

This isn't the kind of show that would bring forth a Chairface Chippendale or Thrakazog but if they were given the chance to embrace that silliness it would still work. I could see something like the Little Wooden Boy working in this series.

Ah but I'm just pining for the old cartoon at this point. Still, this was silly and funny enough to be enjoyed.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Just finished the last two episodes. It is an enjoyable show. What are they going to do with VLM? lol Can't wait to see the rest of the season, early next year.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Did anybody else finish watching the shows yet? I liked it. Only 30 minutes per episode helps.

new topics

top topics

join