It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The news is disgusting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1

If you had the opportunity to communicate to millions of people worldwide about anything you wanted.

Control over broadcast infrastructure is already total. Thats why they build the damn stuff in the first place, to spread their agenda.

Nobody but nobody gets to use the 'mass' airwaves for their own purposes.

The control of radio and TV stations is so important, its the first target destroyed (or captured) in a military operation to suppress information during an invasion.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Let's faced it, but no one from outside the US takes the stuff that is spewed from the US seriously anymore.a reply to: intrptr

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
No given the fact that the US is a capitalistic society, everything is based on making a profit. a reply to: Ohanka

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FenderTwin
Let's faced it, but no one from outside the US takes the stuff that is spewed from the US seriously anymore.a reply to: intrptr

Good.

Sorry, too.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Those body bags have haunted me all my life. I refuse to watch the news. Can't believe our parents in the 60s let us watch that.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1

originally posted by: Ohanka
The job on the news is, or at least should be, to report events.

A police officer getting shot is an event last I checked. A bad one too, police officers shouldn't be getting shot.

Is their job to report ALL events?

Their job, apparently, is to report on events that only fit their agenda, be it FOX or CNN.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I would surprise everyone I know.

I would tell people to think-regain their rights and freedom. Freedom from overbearing government and end our present antiquated Constitution. Are we barbarians? And to start to care and love one another and throw out their selfish capitalistic attitudes. Are we humans or are we going to continue to decline towards our animalistic instincts?
The "me first" has got to go and the "we first" supporting one another must take over. Care and love-not institutions and segregations of any form. Then end with humble apologies for my comments thinking I know more than any individual does.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
And, that would likely be your last newscast..

a reply to: seasonal

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Yes, single driver car accident or double tap in the back of the head suicide.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Lol, yup. Maybe a dumbbell accident at the gym. Or they'd just fire you.

a reply to: seasonal

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

www.foxnews.com...

Answer me this question:

If you had the opportunity to communicate to millions of people worldwide about anything you wanted. What would you choose? Anything. You could let them know, inform them, keep them up to date one anything.
If you had that opportunity, would you choose this?

Is this like when the MSM showed every body bag when Bush was POTUS bet never showed a single one when Obama was POTUS?

These questions are fun because they can be answered with their own damning questions.

What are you talking about? The ban on showing fallen soldiers has been around for a while, and included Bush.

First Photos of Fallen Soldier Ends 18-Year Ban

For the first time since the Obama administration reversed an 18-year-old ban on news coverage of returning fallen soldiers, the military allowed media to cover the arrival tonight of an airman killed in Afghanistan.

It was a body bag count, they didn't need to show any bodies. They didn't butter their toast every morning until the body bag count was updated when Bush was in office. Obama never got a daily body bag count perpetrated against him while he was in office.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Those body bags have haunted me all my life. I refuse to watch the news. Can't believe our parents in the 60s let us watch that.

I went to DC to protest the Iraq war in 2004. In the grass field next to the Washington monument they put up a cross with a picture of each soldier that had died in Iraq up to that point. It was very moving experience as you walked through that field.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
that's the whole point though, news used to show people what war actually was..

I think Americans NEED to see what the consequences of real war are, so they question what our government is doing and if and when war is truly necessary.

a reply to: Justso

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

www.foxnews.com...

Answer me this question:

If you had the opportunity to communicate to millions of people worldwide about anything you wanted. What would you choose? Anything. You could let them know, inform them, keep them up to date one anything.
If you had that opportunity, would you choose this?

Is this like when the MSM showed every body bag when Bush was POTUS bet never showed a single one when Obama was POTUS?

These questions are fun because they can be answered with their own damning questions.

What are you talking about? The ban on showing fallen soldiers has been around for a while, and included Bush.

First Photos of Fallen Soldier Ends 18-Year Ban

For the first time since the Obama administration reversed an 18-year-old ban on news coverage of returning fallen soldiers, the military allowed media to cover the arrival tonight of an airman killed in Afghanistan.

It was a body bag count, they didn't need to show any bodies. They didn't butter their toast every morning until the body bag count was updated when Bush was in office. Obama never got a daily body bag count perpetrated against him while he was in office.

Wrong.

It was not a "body bag" count or even images thereof, but rather a ban on showing the caskets of the dead returned from war, which happened to be enacted under Bush I.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join