It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville Police ID and arrest more white supremacists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

You don't see he was hit either right? The blow landed between the two men if anything got hit it would have been hands but you can't even see that.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
to me if you watch the pole that the two are holding onto, it seems to have hit the pole! you can see it jerk downward.
and personally, if I had been hit in the head with a hammer, with what appears to be quite a bit of force, I wouldn't still be clinging to the pole??? heck probably wouldn't still be standing.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

I didn't see any man get hit in the head nor can you make out a hammer.
Stop.
The man nearest the camera holding onto the flag ducks out of the way. The blow lands between the two men holding onto the flag. It doesn't look like anyone was hit and if anything was it would have been hands.

We must be watching different videos. The man holding the flag, his head snaps back and to the side rapidly, clearly he was struck in the head. And even if he hadn't been, the intent to severely injure him was clearly there. As for whether it was a hammer or not, it certainly looks like one, but you're right I can't be sure, but either way it was a dangerous object to be swinging at a man's head. There is no defending that action.

But you CAN defend four or five guys beating and kicking one man when he's down?

Gotcha.

Wrong, I didn't defend any of them, I specifically said they should be prosecuted.

Actually, this is what you said ...

I don't know what happened later when he was supposedly attacked 5 on 1, there is no video of that, but if true they all should be prosecuted as well, but Harris certainly deserved to have his head busted open after the despicable action he took first.

"Supposedly" attacked?

Thank goodness you're getting your "wish" ... the perps are being arrested.

Supposedly attacked 5 on 1, funny that you left that last part out. And thank you, you just proved me correct, I clearly stated they should be prosecuted, and I'm glad they are. I do hope justice goes both ways though and Harris is prosecuted as well.

There's ample evidence of the malicious beating of Mr. Harris. There is zero evidence, as you yourself have admitted, of Mr. Harris' attack at this time.

However, if he assaulted anyone, he should be dealt with as the law demands.

There's just zero defense for a group beating down one man who hasn't attacked them first, though. That's just a terrorist act.

I never said Harris wasn't attacked, clearly he was, we just don't have the actual facts of the attack since there is no video evidence and the case hasn't been tried, which is why I said "supposedly" it was 5 on 1. It's also clear Harris attacked someone, there is video evidence. And again, I didn't defend the group action, they should be prosecuted.
edit on 27-8-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Here is a video that leads up to the confrontation and attack, Harris comes into view at around 3:57.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
he attacked a pole, that was being used as a weapon against someone else... that pole was owned and being held by a white supremacist.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Oh no I am not doing anything like defending people so you can can that crap right now.
I'm commenting on what I see in a very short video where I do not know who is who. Period.
I'm not embellishing or twisting. You however are being far from honest on what actually is shown in that clip. I don't know the back story or the people in that video so there is no way I would be defending anyone.
You on the other hand obviously know the back story and who all the players are and are making assumptions as to intent based on that but this vid doesn't show anything you claim. And you say I'm twisting things.
Holy cow...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

And I don't have a narrative either. I've mostly stayed out of these stupid threads on racism because an internet forum isn't the place that social maelstrom is going to get fixed. So you can can that too.
You sure make a lot of assumptions.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
he attacked a pole, that was being used as a weapon against someone else... that pole was owned and being held by a white supremacist.

Yes, I know what your interpretation of the video is. I see him clearly strike a man in the head with an object, without provocation. As for the man he hit being a white supremacist, maybe he was maybe he wasn't, I don't know, but either way that doesn't give you the right to attack someone.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

Who is?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Exactly a blow to the head would have resulted in the man being driven forward and down and he would have relinquished his hold on the pole. He was not hit at all.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Harris the "victim" in the black jacket with the white stripes in the shoulders, but it's not a knife (I found a better view) it's a Maglight (see pics below) Maglights of this nature are made to beat people with, they can break bones and crack skulls, a lot of LEOs and people in Security carry them.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LockNLoad

Harris the "victim" in the black jacket with the white stripes in the shoulders, but it's not a knife (I found a better view) it's a Maglight (see pics below) Maglights of this nature are made to beat people with, they can break bones and crack skulls, a lot of LEOs and people in Security carry them.

#BanMaglights?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

No you do not clearly see that because it's not in that video. You can't see him get hit in the head because it's not captured by the camera. You are making an assumption that given other factors like the fact the object is still in motion when the man's head is swung out of the way. The hand delivering the blow is still moving downward. The other guy is clear of the arm. That is very obvious. You're making things up.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

That is very obvious. You're making things up.

We'll have to disagree on this one. The man's head jerks, like when a basketball grazes the rim, it's an unnatural motion without force being applied. I'm certainly not making things up, as you would like to believe.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Maglights are made to beat people? Boy I saw them freeze the thing and boil it and drop it from a tall ladder and even run over it with a truck but they never showed that on the commercials. Bet that's news to the manufacturers too.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

That is very obvious. You're making things up.

We'll have to disagree on this one. The man's head jerks, like when a basketball grazes the rim, it's an unnatural motion without force being applied. I'm certainly not making things up, as you would like to believe.

If we're going to dissect the video, why haven't you mentioned how the guy who has hit "in the head," pushing at the black dude with what appears to be some sort of pole?

If it's "fair," for four others to join in someone's fight... why isn't it that applicable here?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Go watch it again and pay attention to the end of the pole. You will see it bounce from the blow that hit it. Just watch the end of the pole. The man's head is already clear, the object was still in motion and it either hit the pole or the guys hands but I think it hit the pole because no one let go of the thing.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

was anyone else carrying red flags that day that looked similar to the one that he is holding?
look at how the two men are holding onto that flag. one appears to have his hands close together on the tip of the flag, kind of like maybe he was trying to push it away, although I admit he may have been trying to pull it in.
the other seems to have his hands further apart, clearly more in control of the pole, and he looks like they are in more of a lunging position.

look, I am willing to say that the video doesn't show clearly what the heck was happening, but I don't believe that the guy was hit in the head with anything, it was the pole that seems to have been hit I think...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

OK since you want to be purposely obtuse... Maglights are strong enough to use as a weapon and can break skulls and crack heads.

Ref:

Wikipedia

Security and police personnel often carry Maglite flashlights as they can be employed as a defensive weapon

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

and the supremacists came in with guns along with a slew of other nifty toys!! so what?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join