It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Better Get Hurricane Harvey Right

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: ElGoobero

Conservatives have completely lost their heart and soul.

What a lame comment.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

You're still not making sense.

Are you saying conservatives are the cause of this weather event?

From everything I have seen and heard, and from what relatives in the area have told me, people are helping each other, government is doing all that can be done, coordination is working, and there are preparations already in place for when the event is over.

I have heard nothing but praise for the people of Texas, the first responders, the agencies, and for President Trump's concern and focus and prompt assurances. He has even announced plans to go to Texas when the timing is appropriate.

The only ones I have heard jumping up and down in hyperbolic hysteria is some in the MSM politicizing this weather event. But, those folks are sick with MPI.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

a reply to: queenofswords

Read the post before mine. It's all about defending Trump. There is no empathy here for the misery of Texans.

I seem to remember people saying since all of texas voted for trump that they got what was coming to them.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

That makes me laugh....as if this is the first this has ever happened. BTW, Houston is pretty much under water right now. Their mayor is a democrat that thinks Houston should be a sanctuary city. Maybe it's a message to him...lol!!

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I see all kinds of hate on the net. If someone said that here I hope they get a warning.

The criticism I saw was against the conservatives Cruz and Coryn who were cold hearted to the superstorm Sandy victims. You want to defend them too?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Using a natural disaster to preemptively trash Trump, some people are sick in the head. Why not wait until he actually does something to deserve criticism in this situation before you spew your hatred?

No..no! Demonstrates that dems are unstable and Unworthy of winning any major elections.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Conservatives have completely lost their heart and soul.

Seems more likely that one woman has lost her mind than an entire group of people have lost their heart and soul. Conservatives are decent, normal people, they aren't the vile monsters that you seem to believe they are.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

They are grieving over their lost homes and possessions. See, no empathy.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Just stating a fact, so don't get your panties in a wad. If you remember, the reason they voted against the original Sandy aid package was because certain politicians had loaded it down with unrelated fat and new spending that had nothing to do with emergency aid to Hurricane Sandy victims, and unfortunately, they were forced to either accept the fat or vote against it. They voted against it, not out of no compassion, but in protest of the added fat. It passed anyway.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I see all kinds of hate on the net. If someone said that here I hope they get a warning.

The criticism I saw was against the conservatives Cruz and Coryn who were cold hearted to the superstorm Sandy victims. You want to defend them too?

LOL. No i dispise those two turncoats. they arent real conservatives in nothing but name.

And that comment was from ANTIFA people on twitter.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Read the post before mine. It's all about defending Trump. There is no empathy here for the misery of Texans.

WTF should "conservatives" have done? What more should Trump have done up till now?

Jesus, your ignorance coupled with the hate is a dangerous cocktail.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
I got emotional seeing Texan men cry. I never thought that would happen. But you guys keep making the tragedy about poor abused trump.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
So here's my prediction.

Regardless of what Trump does here, the MSM will seek to sink him over it. Prepare for wall-to-wall Trump/Harvey response failure coverage.

Regardless, he better send the military as soon as possible. Bush learned that one way too late.

Katrina was a chaotic mess of state and city service failures. The governor at the time delayed approval for the surrounding state guards and national military to enter Louisiana juridiction to help. Contrary to popular opinion, the President doesn't have the power to send the US Military into any area he wants without some checks and balances. Same with individual states and their local guards.

Meanwhile, the NO Mayor told his citizens to hunker down instead of organize and mobilize people out of the city.

Compounding the problem, there's only four major(?) roads out of NO into the mainland, and most of them are over open water that was being flooded by the high tides preceding Katrina.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

LMAO.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

The White House said in a statement that Trump and Vice President Pence held a video conference with officials Sunday to discuss federal support for Harvey.
The statement said Trump's "number one priority is saving lives."

source: www.nydailynews.com...

anyone can talk. Trump and the administration are HELPING.
edit on 27-8-2017 by ElGoobero because: clarify fulsome and deserved praise of Trump

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I don't think I read the post that said Trump was not helping. But as president, yeah, after it's over he will get criticized like they all do. But the only opinion that matters are Texans.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
You know, this thread is a pretty stark & embarrassing reflection of "F you, I got mine" America right now. People just don't seem to care or realize how serious this really is & would rather suckle Trump's bunghole than man up & show actual concern shown for an area that is likely going to be one of the most economically devastated places a US-landfalling hurricane has touched in recent history.

I suggest dropping the partisan competition BS momentarily and researching charities to donate to if you can. Consider Houston-region food banks (they're GOING to need help) and the Red Cross as a starting points.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Prayers for the people of TX.

Heard that this is the worst flooding this area has ever recorded, and that a storm like this could only be expected once in about 500 years.

But of course Harvey couldn't possibly be evidence of climate change, since that's just "fake science",

Right?

It will be interesting to see just what kind, and to what extent, flood controls are included in the rebuilding efforts.

Will the Federal government "pooh pooh" any enhanced flood-control measures requested on the basis that this was a "one off" occurrence and any extra precautions would be excessive, expensive, and harmful to rapid recovery of the area's industry?

The upcoming national budget debate will also be very interesting. Will there be funds for recovery ( which will likely run into the billions, and have national economic impact) AND 45's Big Beautiful Wall?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
If Trump goes down there and acts like a fool then I’m convinced he’s crazy or trying to get booted off the job.

This tragedy is so immense, looking at these poor pitiful people, he better go down there and do what he suppose to do and if he doesn’t I don't want to hear any more excuses from anyone--he should resign.
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he behaves

The tragedy of this is just too serious

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
You know, this thread is a pretty stark & embarrassing reflection of "F you, I got mine" America right now. People just don't seem to care or realize how serious this really is & would rather suckle Trump's bunghole than man up & show actual concern shown for an area that is likely going to be one of the most economically devastated places a US-landfalling hurricane has touched in recent history.

I suggest dropping the partisan competition BS momentarily

You suggest dropping the partisan BS, while you are being partisan. There are many posts in this thread ripping Trump, for no reason whatsoever other than partisan BS. Yet you criticize only the people defending Trump. See the hypocrisy there?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join