It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Better Get Hurricane Harvey Right

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
So here's my prediction.

Regardless of what Trump does here, the MSM will seek to sink him over it. Prepare for wall-to-wall Trump/Harvey response failure coverage.

Regardless, he better send the military as soon as possible. Bush learned that one way too late.

edit on 27-8-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I predict he'll fly down there, say some stuff that actually sounds presidential, but will ultimately screw the pooch because the guy literally doesn't know how to do anything except self-aggrandize and appeal to his base.
edit on 27-8-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

If that's all that happens, then he may very well be done.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
So here's my prediction.

Regardless of what Trump does here, the MSM will seek to sink him over it. Prepare for wall-to-wall Trump/Harvey response failure coverage.

Regardless, he better send the military as soon as possible. Bush learned that one way too late.

Who or what is Harvey? Where should he (POTUS) send the military asap? What did Bush learn too late?

ETA: Oh yeah, that weather thing.
edit on 8-27-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
everyone's second favourite president hid in a treehouse during katrina, we know trump has gone on another vacation so it doesn't bode well.
his blinkered supporters will defend him blindly, regardless.

in my opinion publically cancelling his vacay and holing up with fema would have dampened any furore rather than tweeting out defense of racist old arpaio, which is all he's done.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

If that's all that happens, then he may very well be done.

I dunno. He's very good at distracting the news cycle.

Personally, I would prefer he get this right. People are going to need his help, and this is no time for partisan nonsense. It's just that, to date, the man has demonstrated none of the skills a President needs to actually get things done.

Here's hoping he can prove me wrong.

One thing is for sure: Even if he doesn't, he'll try his damnedest to convince everyone he has.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Lot of rebuilding to be done after the rains stop.

Lots of clean up and construction.

Wonder where all that cheap labor will come from?

Heche en Mexico?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

So here's my prediction.

Who or what is Harvey? Where should he (POTUS) send the military asap? What did Bush learn too late?

Seriously?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Not my fault the OP is vague as hell.

But yeah I did have a moment there...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
have some faith in trump guys. i was telling people all through the election..... have some faith. Every time something would happen...david duke, sex conversation etc. etc... All the trump supporters would freak out and act like it was the end of the world. Have some faith.

#1..... it doesnt matter what trump does he is going to get attacked... this has been the case the entire time and will continue until either the MSM shuts down, new owners, everyone fired etc...... OR someone comes along on the left that draws attention and has a positive message etc. etc. (not going to happen until the party goes completely extinct)

#2..... have faith. Trump will do the best he possibly can. He has standards off the charts... he is a perfectionist on things like this. bad things may happen of course but he is the right man in the oval office to have in a disaster. So have faith.

Trump could leave office tomorrow and give obama the keys and the MSM would still attack him. My advice...dont watch the MSM. Its all as real as a broadway play anyways and its not even good. No real facts.... no real like able actors... no real interesting stories etc. etc. its like watching a bad student film that tries at political satire and fails.

again... have faith. Trump has been through hurricanes before I am sure. He is only human and he loves this country. I think he will do a good job with it.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

So here's my prediction.

Well... all he has to do is let "the swamp" do its job. He's maligned these departments this whole time.

His only challenge will be to swallow some crow if they do a decent job.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Prepare for wall-to-wall Trump/Harvey response failure coverage.

Speaking of walls...

That is the Mexican army coming to the rescue (crossing our border) during Katrina.

I wonder if Trump will call them "Taco Trucks" this time.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Honestly, Harvey shouldnt be as bad as Katrina. Texas is already calling for aid, unlike the delayed calls during Katrina and Trump has already pledged to help. No major city below sea level to flood, though Huston is being drenched and major damage will still happen from flooding around the state.

I dont see many ways for Trump to screw this up and I hope he is smart enough to not repeat the past mistakes of Bush and company.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

That's a fair criticism. I've changed the tittle to make it more clear.

I've been focused on it all day, because I remember the warnings of this kind of storm hitting Texas going back more than 20 years and how unprepared we are. I remember Katrina too.

This story is only starting. I don't think people realize quite yet what is happening. There will be far reaching social, economic and political consequences from this storm.

This may very well be THE story of this administration.

edit on 27-8-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Regardless of what happens the media is going to report on what makes the best ratings.
Death , destruction, politicians dropping the ball, these all make for great ratings.
If you really want the MSM to change than stop watching unless they start airing more
of the good news.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

meh... in a week there will be a new crisis in the media. probably the dementia thing. the hurricane just postponed it.

i suggest you watch the weather channel for this stuff. not nearly as much fluff there last time i checked.

Maybe its the END OF DAYS and trump is the antichrist!!!!!

Texans are tough good folk (i grew up there). They will be just fine. They dont give a rip about race garbage. I never heard one derogatory terms about blacks legal mexicans etc. growing up there for 10 years. Everyone was always curious, manners, and respectful of one another. neighborhoods were very community oriented and everyone watched out for each other and their kids. They are just good people and they will get through this.

New orleans, never lived there... i dont think they are like texans though. i am sure the MSM focussed on the worst of the human condition as usual.

one of these days news will get more positive again. i would say 95% is very very negative. its rare to see a positive story.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

Again, I don't think people realize the NATIONAL impact this storm will have.

Are you following what's happening there? This is day one and people are already retreating to their attics. We have at least another four days of torrential rain in Houston.

Houston is the nation's fourth largest city. All commerce will stop there. Possibly for weeks. How functional will the Port of Houston be under these circumstances? It's our largest port.

This storm could even have global reach.

Trump is in the fight of his life on this one.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Houston was built on a swamp.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

So here's my prediction.

You're right, Loam. 87% of the media is continually drumming up negatives about President Trump. They've lost credibility with most Americans. So even if the President "fails" in some way with the Government response to Harvey, they wouldn't believe what that 87% of the media (mostly CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WaPo, LaTimes) says anyway.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
we will be OK. This is America.

yeah there is going to be some bad effects no doubt. deaths for sure. its bad i know. But everything will work out. hopefully most of the people got out. they had a lot of time. Those that stayed made their decision. i respect them for that. I might of done the same before I had kids. The rescuers will save every one they can. Those people are absolute heroes in this world of fifth. They are like the angels on our shoulders in these situations.

Our past presidents were NWO scum who enjoy seeing people suffer. Trump is not that kind of leader. He will help get us through this and the Texans will come together as well.

If FEMA jacks this up again heads will role quick... believe it. I dont think we will see churches being blocked from helping people or resources just sitting out for days.

Tough thing (other than the deaths) will be the cost. Probably delay a whole bunch of the trump agenda over this storm. What are you going to do though. We are just going to have to elect him for another four years. Maybe he can run for a third term LOL.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join