It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States should divide

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Maybe we could do it like we did with the Native Americans....

Put all the liberals on reservations. Or like the Nazi's did with the Jews with ghettos.

And brand all the liberals with a big L on their foreheads so we can identify them, incase they escape!!!!

If they want a "safe place" let's give it to em.

edit on 1-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 1337Kph

The problem is there isn't an even split. The more liberal viewpoints are held in denser population centers (i.e., cities). The more conservative viewpoints are held in less dense population centers (i.e., "the country"). You can't even find agreement in California, where the northern part of the state wants to be separate from the southern part. In Illinois the rest of the state wants to kick out Chicago. In New York, most of the state isn't really fond of the way NYC dominates their local politics.

In Texas we mostly just complain about the loonies in Austin. LOL

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1337Kph
Note; I'm not even from the US.

I can no longer see how the US will be able to remain a functioning country, let alone a super-power, when there is such a huge gap between beliefs of both political sides.
Sayings like "It's just political, nothing separates between us" have lost their meaning. People are not feeling belonging to a single country anymore. People are denouncing the flag, the anthem, and the very core of the United States.

There was never such a clash of beliefs in the history of the US since the civil war.

Never in modern history have the US enemies been so united, so collectively joined in their beliefs and morals, while in the US you are almost at the point of no return. There is too much hatred between left and right. You literally cannot peacefully state you have voted for a Republican president in 2016 anymore inside a Democratic crowd without being seen as some kind of a traitor, and pretty much the same other way around.

I'm not going to write a plan on how it should be done, but I'm curious of the thought of fellow members, right/left leaning or non aligned as well.
Is the only way for the US to remain a relevant super-power in today's world is by dividing?
Wouldn't you support having a nation of people with like-minded morals and beliefs who love their country and work to be productive?

Personally, I think both sides would benefit. Lefties could open their borders to anyone from anywhere, maintain feminist ideals to the extreme and what-not. What can go wrong?

"Pluralism is the source of our strength". - A mistake. At this time this is pretty much your only weakness as a society.

Sorry to burst your little bubble but when it comes down to it, this country will stand together! All of those on one side of the fence or the other and complaining are the ones most likely living in ultimate comfort. Once things get tough, they'll get over the little sh!t and start taking responsibility again.

Yes there are a bunch of whiners and people who hate this country while living in it. Thankfully, they're in the minority. Take away their easy life and they'll spend more of their time working than bitching.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The problem is that the division is not really geographical, so there is no way of establishing clear boundaries of separation.

That shouldn't be a problem. All you need is a population transfer once new boundaries are figured out. Same as happened between turkey and greece 100 yrs ago or Germany and Czeh, Poland 70 year ago. Sometimes you just need to keep two groups totally apart., Easy to do but not all will go voluntarily, military needs to be involved to work properly.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Do you mean to tell us that your family and country is perfect? Who are you? You know your family has disagreements and differences. The problem in the USA is that the people who work and pay taxes got tired of the rich and poor taking advantage. Those poor people need to turn in their free Obama phones for alarm clocks to get up on time for a job. The rich need to pay their fair share of the taxes. That's it. We want a return to morality. The press here is completely lazy, rude, and they lie. Obviously they are running around harassing and taking advantage of the women. You cant trust any of them. They blew it. Literally.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join