It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States should divide

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

It would look like this...www.bob-owens.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Looks like the Globalist agenda of balkanizing the USA is starting to take hold. The more time passes, the more obvious it becomes that those who have been warning of us of the Globalist plan to destroy the US were telling the truth. Scary stuff.

Except that the ones fronting for the inevitable Civil War II are allegedly opposed to the "globalists" ... but that's just logical.

Don't let it stop the feels.

I don't see that as being the case? But even those against the Globalists can still be manipulated by them. I often find myself falling into the traps of anger and division being set up for us.

Confirmation bias is everyone's worst enemy for sure.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

It would look like this...www.bob-owens.com...

I couldn't open your link. I really would have liked to read it.

But, I found this one: Bob Owens Found Dead

Same guy?
edit on 27-8-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The United States is already divided into 50 separate states, there is no need to split any further. All that needs to happen is to reduce federal government control and give control back to the states as the founding fathers intended, and each of the 50 states can live however they like.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Yes: HERE back door the sucker..www.reddit.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic

Accept for national defense and assets in their states ,federal presences being controlled and violating the Constitution by activism....

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
a reply to: Gryphon66

ill make you a deal. You tell me how the entire MSM got Trumps support numbers wrong compared to Hillarys and ill tell you why they didnt just create more fake votes to force her victory.

lets play.

They didn't get Trumps support numbers wrong.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: 1337Kph

I agree with you.

I would be much happier if the Pacific states and Atlantic NE were their own countries and would leave us 'fly over' folks alone.

THIS is where people like you and I find common ground.

I've always rooted for Texas when they start their hourly petition to secede. It's not just because I don't like Texas; it's because they'd be paving the way towards decentralizing an extremely binary nation.

It doesn't need to be so extreme. We just need to fall back to the intended federalism and let each state operate as its own 'sub-country' within the union and let the People decide what works and what doesn't.

That would mean reigning in the federal government, something that some people don't want to see happen.
edit on 27-8-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
A divide would destroy this country. There wouldn't be any mutual aggreements and as soon as that talk hits the air, hostile nations will be looking, salivating, knowing a fragmented nation is a weak nation, easy pickings. You think after a fresh split, we'll come help you? no.

People make the assumption that we can "just do things" and that's not the case. We're integrated into the global infrastructure in such a way the split would be felt all across the globe. This would make Brexit pale in comparison.

I do think Americans are at a crossroads, a war is literally being waged right now, between a couple of factions with differing views on ideology. This isn't some war with "bullets", rather a war of words, in a setting only accessed by first world nations. People in general completely missed what what happened during the 90's, that is the birth of the consumer internet, the US contribution to humanity is cyberspace. This is a new frontier, a real space, as real and open as the physical. Yet, we simply glossed over it as something trivial like a "new medium", a magazine or other format.

My point? this is a higher form of war, fought in a higher domain, accessed by those in higher developed tribes, first world nations. Most people attribute war to the physical, but you have to look beyond and see that words have just as much action as a bullet. Cyberbullying has lead to suicides, no firearm needed. Words have consequences.
Simply take a step and grasp reality and rotate accordingly for better understanding on different perspectives and views.
Outside, it would seem calm, but if you listen closely you'll hear furious clicks of sending and posting. Look at some social media, like twitter, it is straight civil war between users.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

ok, find me a MSM article where they put Trump ahead of Clinton and for how long.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The crazies are a very small contingent on both sides. The media is pushing on it to see where it goes.

The fact that Trump got elected shows theres a ton of people sick of the nonsense. These little groups are simply poking at daddy, let's hope daddy doesn't get angry. Last time he did there was a nasty war that reunited sides more or less. Let's hope it doesn't get close to that.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subsonic
The United States is already divided into 50 separate states, there is no need to split any further. All that needs to happen is to reduce federal government control and give control back to the states as the founding fathers intended, and each of the 50 states can live however they like.

Did we try this and it failed with slaves?

"However they like" you say?

I think they're more angry at these type of broad strokes.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gowdy

originally posted by: Subsonic

Did we try this and it failed with slaves?

"However they like" you say?

I think they're more angry at these type of broad strokes.

And there goes the knee jerk "states rights = slavery comes back" reply.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
They couldn't leave you alone, they need you money to fund their beautiful utopias like Chicago! Some have to pay! Sick but truea reply to: Metallicus

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Ok, prove the sentiment wrong.

Colorado and friends can barely legalize marijuana, and you argue that we current do have decent power of states rights?

Give to me some good examples.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gowdy

I was being sarcastic, you don't have to end the thread because there aren't any.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 1337Kph

NO!, out of adversity a stronger and more constitutional US may yet arise, it will require true CONSTITUTIONAL patriot's from all states to band together and to save there country, that was the purpose of there oath of allegiance but they have let petty bickering, politic's and the greed of multinational corporation's as well as RACE argument's take over there entire country from the TOP DOWN.

Only they can fix it, it is not how you knock a man down that defines him but how he get's back up, they have to start to see one another not by state, religion or race but by there shared values and love of the country they still want the US to be, even those that do not love what there country has become because they are actually the bone's of the true US, the one that is the land of the FREE and the JUST.

I too am not in the US but believe me there would be no worse thing for the world now or for the foreseeable future than for the US to become just another failed state, a big one at that.

They want to divide the nation's to break them apart and to weaken them to then empower a new and privately owned one world government ruled by a hidden emperor, as long as the concept of state and nation remain in the hand's of the people the rule of such a despotic tyrant can never been complete.

This is indeed a way but not the one you think.

edit on 27-8-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gowdy

Ok, prove the sentiment wrong.

Colorado and friends can barely legalize marijuana, and you argue that we current do have decent power of states rights?

Give to me some good examples.

I didn't say we had true federalism. I said we needed true federalism. Subsonic said the same thing:

All that needs to happen is to reduce federal government control and give control back to the states as the founding fathers intended, and each of the 50 states can live however they like.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

You make a good point, your constitution was based on the concept of the people running your nation, a government of the people and by the people but today you have a corporate government that is genuinely neither of these thing's, smaller government with a more powerful assembly may be the answer and to even replace the concept of president with a smaller higher assembly of some kind.

On second thought no matter how imperfect a president is a necessary evil, you need someone to make over arching decisions on occasion, someone to push the button if it becomes necessary and someone chosen by the people not the military so a president is I am afraid a very genuine necessity in spite of all the pit fall's that come with that role.
edit on 27-8-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

You make a good point, your constitution was based on the concept of the people running your nation, a government of the people and by the people but today you have a corporate government that is genuinely neither of these thing's, smaller government with a more powerful assembly may be the answer and to even replace the concept of president with a smaller higher assembly of some kind.

Our current president wants to do just that.

President Donald Trump stressed the need "to make states the laboratories of democracy once again" during remarks to the nation's governors Monday morning.

And in the infancy of his administration, returning power to the states is a priority that's coursing within his Cabinet.
www.usnews.com...

Of course, Big Government advocates are pushing back.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join