It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States should divide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Note; I'm not even from the US.

I can no longer see how the US will be able to remain a functioning country, let alone a super-power, when there is such a huge gap between beliefs of both political sides.
Sayings like "It's just political, nothing separates between us" have lost their meaning. People are not feeling belonging to a single country anymore. People are denouncing the flag, the anthem, and the very core of the United States.

There was never such a clash of beliefs in the history of the US since the civil war.

Never in modern history have the US enemies been so united, so collectively joined in their beliefs and morals, while in the US you are almost at the point of no return. There is too much hatred between left and right. You literally cannot peacefully state you have voted for a Republican president in 2016 anymore inside a Democratic crowd without being seen as some kind of a traitor, and pretty much the same other way around.

I'm not going to write a plan on how it should be done, but I'm curious of the thought of fellow members, right/left leaning or non aligned as well.
Is the only way for the US to remain a relevant super-power in today's world is by dividing?
Wouldn't you support having a nation of people with like-minded morals and beliefs who love their country and work to be productive?

Personally, I think both sides would benefit. Lefties could open their borders to anyone from anywhere, maintain feminist ideals to the extreme and what-not. What can go wrong?

"Pluralism is the source of our strength". - A mistake. At this time this is pretty much your only weakness as a society.
edit on 27-8-2017 by 1337Kph because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 1337Kph
The problem is that the division is not really geographical, so there is no way of establishing clear boundaries of separation.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The problem is that the division is not really geographical, so there is no way of establishing clear boundaries of separation.

True, hence why there can't be a simple plan to this. I'm just wondering what members of this site think of this.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Ask not what you can do...don't hate the player;
Hate the game, na mean!

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
That wont happen. Not yet anyway.

I still hold on to the belief that the non-crazies in the center still outnumber the nutcase extremes on either side.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Empires run their course and crumble from within.

Sometimes it's just better to let them slide away silently...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I still hold on to the belief that the non-crazies in the center still outnumber the nutcase extremes on either side.

^^THIS^^

I think that there is a definite divide in our country, but I don't think it is as bad as the MSM would lead you to believe. As Loam mentioned, I think that a good majority of people are somewhere near the center line, and (hopefully) have enough common sense to see past all of the left vs right BS.

As far as dividing the country geographically, I think it will be one big custer fluck and wouldn't be worth the time, money and effort to make that a reality.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I agree with you.

I would be much happier if the Pacific states and Atlantic NE were their own countries and would leave us 'fly over' folks alone.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
its pretty hard to divide the country.... last i looked it was pretty much all red.

Best thing to do would be wall in the cities that have gone to crap and turn them into prisons. The inmates could do whatever they want as long as they stayed in drugs, gross sex whatever. kind of like escape from new york. Then they could have their little utopias and not be bothered. have the hole communist government thing. no constitution, no history, create fake history (like the nazis). then we would have an easier time draining our own swamp as well.

Look at the county wide map to see what i am talking about. its pretty darn red IMO.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I don't know about that man.
I'm in the center and I feel very alone these days.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
its pretty hard to divide the country.... last i looked it was pretty much all red.

Best thing to do would be wall in the cities that have gone to crap and turn them into prisons. The inmates could do whatever they want as long as they stayed in drugs, gross sex whatever. kind of like escape from new york. Then they could have their little utopias and not be bothered. have the hole communist government thing. no constitution, no history, create fake history (like the nazis). then we would have an easier time draining our own swamp as well.

Look at the county wide map to see what i am talking about. its pretty darn red IMO.

The liberal states and cities are where most of the people are.
The american government would not survive without the taxes from
those people. Just think about how much income hollywood brings in.
This nation is one of the richest in the world because of those cities you
want to get rid of. Your talking about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The only real solution is to go to a states rights approach - to decentralize. Then states can have laws how they see fit, and people can move where they prefer. Basically a return to the original federalism the nation began with.

Of course that wont happen because it would cut into the power of the ruling class. Theyd rather burn the country down.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I agree with you.

I would be much happier if the Pacific states and Atlantic NE were their own countries and would leave us 'fly over' folks alone.

THIS is where people like you and I find common ground.

I've always rooted for Texas when they start their hourly petition to secede. It's not just because I don't like Texas; it's because they'd be paving the way towards decentralizing an extremely binary nation.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

LOL... nah we dont need you. after seeing the the actions of the last year we really dont need you. We can do fine on our own. I think most of us would actually pay you to leave actually.

We decided to sacrifice an entire income to homeschool our kids and we are not rich by any means. we done take entitlements either even though we could. We are not like you and never will be even if it means tightening our belts a little bit and making some sacrifices.

So please just go and have your utopia. Keep all your money. we wont ask for a darn thing and wont invade your havens of liberalism or whatever you call yourselves now. You can police your own cities with ANTIFA... we dont care. We will leave you alone and in peace. what you do with it is up to you.

Oh... you can have hollywood too. be my guest. we can watch old shows on DVD until we make our own films.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

There was never such a clash of beliefs in the history of the US since the civil war.

Wha wha what??? Did you miss the divisions of the Women's Suffrage movement, the forced racial segregation period, the Civil Rights movement, COINTELPRO, and the anti-draft/anti-war movements? The Cold War even had anti-communist witch trials during the "Red Scare" which saw even famous actors and pop figures (and social figures) being attacked as communist sympathizers. Today's situation is child's play compared to those days.

Never in modern history have the US enemies been so united, so collectively joined in their beliefs and morals, while in the US you are almost at the point of no return.

You mean aside from WW1, WW2, and the Cold War? The Central Powers, Axis Powers, and global communist movement were way more powerful and way more united than any "opponents" we're seeing today. Even our supposed rivals Mexico and China are actually 2 of our 3 biggest trade partners for both imports and exports lol. Our "beef" with them is just a charade for domestic consumption.

Wouldn't you support having a nation of people with like-minded morals and beliefs who love their country and work to be productive?

Our country's never been like that and it never will be. That's one of the perks that comes with freedom of speech. We're free to disagree with each other. The 1st Amendment to our Constitution explicitly grants us certain freedoms like free speech, free press, freedom of religion, freedom of assembly, etc specifically so we can have individual thoughts, ideas, etc. Who wants to live in a North Korean styled country where everyone looks, thinks, and acts the same "or else"?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

meh... wont work. they will just keep destroying it before that ever happens and the Fed Gov will just keep running scams to make it happen.

wall off the cities and let them have it. they can have all the abortions they want for baby harvesting... they can marry whoever and whatever they want...they can worship whatever they want etc. etc...give them their own space and leave them alone. If people want to join them they can but they cant come back. if they do make it out we can catch them and send them to a different safe space.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

a reply to: pirhanna

meh... wont work. they will just keep destroying it before that ever happens and the Fed Gov will just keep running scams to make it happen.

wall off the cities and let them have it. they can have all the abortions they want for baby harvesting... they can marry whoever and whatever they want...they can worship whatever they want etc. etc...give them their own space and leave them alone. If people want to join them they can but they cant come back. if they do make it out we can catch them and send them to a different safe space.

Lol. You honestly feel people in "the cities" are somehow intrinsically different than rural folk?

Don't you think that maybe the reason for the difference in opinion is the difference in perspective? People who live in cities have a different value-system based on what they experience.

They see public schools filled with diversity thus are more exposed, first hand to inequality.
They see public works like transit systems and understand the importance of financing those things.
They see diversity on the streets and realize they cannot function harmoniously unless they champion the rights of their neighbors.
They see more corruption and understand the need for corporate, government, and civic regulations.
They see more instances of poverty and acknowledge the virtues of efforts in changing our economic structure away from failed "trickle down" snake oil.

In other words, these people are only different because of what they have been exposed to. Not because they have some city disease that make them inherently and irrevocably different than you.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

a reply to: scraedtosleep

LOL... nah we dont need you. after seeing the the actions of the last year we really dont need you. We can do fine on our own. I think most of us would actually pay you to leave actually.

We decided to sacrifice an entire income to homeschool our kids and we are not rich by any means. we done take entitlements either even though we could. We are not like you and never will be even if it means tightening our belts a little bit and making some sacrifices.

So please just go and have your utopia. Keep all your money. we wont ask for a darn thing and wont invade your havens of liberalism or whatever you call yourselves now. You can police your own cities with ANTIFA... we dont care. We will leave you alone and in peace. what you do with it is up to you.

Oh... you can have hollywood too. be my guest. we can watch old shows on DVD until we make our own films.

I don't live in a city. I live in the country in the south. I am not a liberal.
But I'm also not blind to the good that cities bring to this country.
Trust me the american government would be begging for liberal money once their
tanks and planes needed upgrades.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I agree with you.

This ^^ is how the extremists on one side talk.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Exactly. I've lived in large metropolises (1 million people plus), small cities (less than 40,000 people), and medium sized cities. The ways of life are vastly different because the needs are vastly different. The first time dealing with real smog will change a person's perspective on pollution, just as traffic jams on 5 lane highways (per side) will change a person's views on infrastructure requirements. And most stereotypes about other demographic vanish because you're actually in contact w/people from those demographics. So it's easy to see that the reality doesn't match the rumors.

For example, one of the biggest reasons I came to support LGBT rights is because I've gone to school with LGBT students, had LGBT teachers, and had LGBT coworkers (and at least 1 supervisor). You quickly realize that they're just people who want to live their lives and that they deal with the same bs that everyone else does (like bills, relationships, going on diets, getting into fights, debating good movies, etc).

I'm the same way with religion, having known people from various religions, creeds, and non-religions. After a while, you start to realize that all of them are just people with everyday issues to deal with. My life experiences w/people from random backgrounds is why I generally believe "as long as it's consenting adults and you do no harm to others, it's none of my business what you follow, eat, or are attracted to".
edit on 27-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: clarified a line

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join