It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to Begin? Huffington Post - Serving Your Country Makes You Racist

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

That's a bold spin considering how little qualified to make any such assertion the author is.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I think by this point anyone who still takes that trash rag or the likes such as The Guardian anymore seriously than they would something written on a McDonald's paper tray mat is lost with no chance of catching up with the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I have nothing to add to your post except Amen, brother.

I think they should make everyone serve a mandatory minimum two years in the military after you graduate high school. That would probably be a better education than anything most of these mouth breathers learn in todays education system anyway.

I've been called everything from a government stooge, to a baby killer, to a damn Call of Duty extraordinaire. (I hate that game btw). All while trying to get help from the VA with service related PTSD. I have since given up on that, God is my only shrink from now on.

Then these idiots that call us baby killers one week and heroes the next would then get a totally different perspective with what really goes on if they actually had to work for the organization they so readily denounce and demonize when it suits them.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

You do know that Andrew Brietbart was a founding member of Huffington Post, correct?

The Huffington Post (sometimes abbreviated Huff Post or HuffPo) is an online news aggregator and blog founded by Arianna Huffington, former AOL executive Kenneth Lerer, Andrew Breitbart, and Jonah Peretti, featuring columnists. wiki

So, tell me again about left-wing, mumbo, etc.

Why do you think I don't know that? How does that change the fact that HuffPo regularly and almost exclusively publishes leftwing contributors like the moron linked in my op?

What is your point in this thread anyway?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: BlueJacket

I may not be the best shot, but I'll always try to be the last shot.

I know a lot of vets who are good shots. Almost as good as these people. They don't take to kindly Huffpost either.
l

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yeah, what's shocking is that many well educated, otherwise intelligent people both on ATS and in my personal life refuse to recognize the media control or severe bias. I've seen recently several people on ATS swear that "CNN is just reporting," and "stop attacking our beloved free press," etc. It's a bit shocking to see such ignorance on ATS of all places.

I don't like Alex Jones, but he and David Icke are right when they say that at times it almost seems like your average person is in kinda a trance of some kind, totally blind to what is going on.

I think that actually one of the number one things people can wake up to is that our media is not performing the principled journalism they claim to, we are being propagandized, and the reality the media and politicians paint is very warped. As Noam Chomsky says, it is designed to "manufacture our consent" for whatever actions the MIC wants, such as war for example.

a reply to: seeker1963

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

What kind of degree do you need to see or understand that we as a nation are not doing enough to take care of the mental health of our veterans? Further do you need one at all to hear a vet say they became a bigot while serving?

It must be incredibly hard not to develop a hatred for a people you trade gunfire with. Your life is on the line. Factor in PTSD which is another thing I don't see how anyone can escape a war without.

Ignore or discuss?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I have no hate in my heart for anyone.

Except, of course, those who would victimize the innocent for their political and religious goals. That would be the Taliban.

Doesn't mean I hate Afghans. Doesn't mean I came back ready to Dorothea KKK.

This guy sees a couple veterans at a Nazi rally and just assumes what he does.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I don't think it's you he is talking about but rather vets who state that this is what happened to them.

To hear that these veterans claim they were ‘radicalized’ in Iraq and Afghanistan during their tours of duty is one of the more unfortunate things to come to light regarding the side-effects of serving your country.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
wasn`t there a famous president who once said "ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you"..... NVM that`s not what he said at all, that`s just what the liberals heard.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Did you even read the article and the question posed at the start and the articles conclusions?
Or did you immediately get triggered and storm off to your computer to write an angry thread on here about.

So god-damn desperate for everyone to think of you as an "alpha" its pathetic. I mean I swear half the people who join the Military in America do it just so they can tell people about it.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Kindly go to hell.

You're in the same ilk as this asshat HuffPo contributor.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

One of the big problems is that in calling out the veterans for providing security, he doesn't even explain the "why" behind it. Was it because they sympathize with the racist ideology, or because they didn't see the police protecting them, so felt it was their duty to protect them as they practice their first-amendment right? (until they took it too far, obviously)

Something that people who have never served always seem to fail to accept is that, as Voltaire is known to have said (and as I paraphrase), we will fight to the death to protect your rights, even if we disagree with how you exercise them.

I don't know the reason why these veterans provided protection, but it seems that the author doesn't know either...and that's a massive problem.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Seems like a strong reaction to an article that makes quite a bit of sense. The author is talking about soldiers and law enforcement officers who spend so much of their time around scum that they begin to develop these generalized feelings about people. That's just something that happens for a lot of people. Some racism comes from experience. It's an unfortunate thing, but the author is being respectful toward service men and PTSD, so.... why the strong reaction?

But it does beg the question, why do military tend to support Trump?

Does our military support candidates getting into office with the help of foreign governments? Do they support racist dog whistles? Is it just Republicans and guns and their brains don't go any further than that? It's kinda sad to think most of our soldiers don't actually give a sh*t about honor or integrity and would support Trump no matter what dumb sh*t thing comes out of his mouth, no matter how bad he makes the country look.

Trump being prez really shows who these people are, and that there are some pretty important human qualities that don't matter to them in a leader. Just a business man willing to suck their d*ck for votes, and then run his mouth. Sad.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

An old Simpsons episode once had Kent Brockman doing a report on the Army base in Springfield.

One line that always made me chuckle is when he opened his monologue with, "Army base or Kill-bot factory?"

What's truly disappointing is that too many think that it is a "Kill-bot" factory now. They read the biased dreck from panty-waisted writers like the one in your OP.

It's times like this that I remember the solid, stoic, sterling behavior from the vets returning from Vietnam right into the face of such irrational hatred.

Words like honor, duty, courage are just Scrabble points to too many.

They had it worse, in my opinion, and they turned out pretty damned well overall.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

So you didn't read the article and did get triggered by the title. Got it.

Next time instead of finding an article to rant about that you couldn't even be bothered to read just make a thread titled... "Hey guys I just wanted to make sure everyone knows I served in the army".

Save you the embarrassment from trying to hide the cry for attention.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

I read every bit of it.

Filled with anecdotes about his racist uncle and piecing together PTSD with racism as if they are connected to each other.

I posted a link a few posts up. That's not even all that's wrong with this guys bull#. But hey, since you feel the need to take all of this personally I have little interest in responding to you any further.

Once again, go straight to hell and don't come back.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

So you read it but didn't understand it... then decided to create a thread moaning about it.

Cute, who knew self-proclaimed "alpha males" would be such snowflakes.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

What is this guy's qualifications for making stupid ass stories like this up, you ask?

This buy delivers a regular load of bandini,
this piece is worse than Before It's News.

Huff Po is a toilet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join