It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japans first V-22 makes it first photo op.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Japans self defense force has purchased 17 of the V-22's which will be the Block C variant. The first has emerged from the plant in Texas and represents the first non US Osprey.

Undoubtedly be used on the newer Izumo class ships. I wonder if they would go with an heavily up armed version (AC-22 anybody) to pack a punch. (Missiles etc) aside from the GAU-17 minigun they can be fitted with already

theaviationist.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I like it. It reminds me of the shark scheme on the Agressor Viper out of Nellis. I'm going through Amarillo tomorrow, hopefully it'll be out.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I like it. It reminds me of the shark scheme on the Agressor Viper out of Nellis. I'm going through Amarillo tomorrow, hopefully it'll be out.

Sweet. Stay out of harveys way.......

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

We almost didn't. They wanted us to pick up and in Fort Smith, and head to Laredo. Would have put us right through it in San Antonio. But we wound up on our more regular route, and will head past Amarillo tomorrow, and Edwards/Mojave again on Monday.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Cool stay safe. I have a quick question you might be able to answer: In the rotary wing we use alot of naval terms (we even call the EC-145 a ship) do they follow suit in the Osprey given its tilt rotor nature?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

From what I've heard, at least the Marines do. I haven't heard much about the Air Force guys, so I'm not sure with them.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Very clean paint job. Could see the 22 taking off in foreign sales. It fills a lot of gaps a lot of countries need and it's proving itself to be more reliable of late.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caughtlurking

Very clean paint job. Could see the 22 taking off in foreign sales. It fills a lot of gaps a lot of countries need and it's proving itself to be more reliable of late.

perhaps and its got good capabilities, but its also pricey at 72 mill a copy and I'm sure its cost per hour is a bit staggering too

join