It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Land of the free? You're having a laugh!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

US politicians fed up with catching an eyeful of underwear want to fine those who won't hitch up their trousers.

The Virginia state house has voted to outlaw the trend of wearing trousers so low that underwear hangs over the top.

Delegates said the habit, popular across the US and in other Western countries, was "coarsening" society.

____

So now people are going to be fined for having visible underwear. I wonder where this is going to stop.

Taking builders to prison if their arse cracks are showing?
Banning swimwear on beaches?

Of course, Im sure some jokers will not admit that any freedoms are being taken away here.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I was just discussing this at ID.

Funny how toothpaste can be sold by a nearly naked women on tv, but the average person can't have a bit of hip showing or the waistband of their boxers. Personally I think the whole low baggy pants/high underwear trend is unattractive and slobish, but we do have something called a constitution...or do we? Perhaps I slept through that part of the movie.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Delegates said the habit, popular across the US and in other Western countries, was "coarsening" society.

Man, thats a weak case for law.

Taking builders to prison if their arse cracks are showing?

Man, now thats just too funny.

the article
But others hit back, urging legislators to remember their own "fashion follies" and saying the law would be used mostly against black people

Yowza. Actually, i suppose there is a certain basis for this complaint, the trend is something that at least started with blacks, why aren't obnoxious white fashion trends also being outlawed?

Whats next, white doodes won't be able to say 'fo shizzle' and such, because thats 'coarse'?

I thought the Puritans went out of style ages ago? Or are the amish cashing in some political powe now?

new topics

join