It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leftists Group Wants to Kick Veterans out of College

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: projectvxn

They aren't interested in bringing people together. They aren't interested in discussion of ideas. It's their way or the highway.

Adolf Hitler.

I will tolerate no opposition. We recognize only subordination – authority downwards and responsibility upwards.You just tell the German bourgeoisie that I shall be finished with them far quicker than I shall with marxism... When once the conservative forces in Germany realize that only I and my party can win the German proletariat over to the State and that no parliamentary games can be played with marxist parties, then Germany will be saved for all time, then we can found a German Peoples State.

en.wikiquote.org...

Adolf Hitler's philosophies that he is referring to in your quote were based in Nietzsche's ideas about social hierarchy--masters and slaves, wolves and sheep.

These idiots are just... reacting. Any similarity is almost coincidental.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Any similarity is almost coincidental.

Nicht!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

They are projecting a distinctly elitist attitude. Remember when John Kerry maligned the service by insinuating that if you didn't get a good education or weren't smart enough, you wound up in the military? That attitude follows through on this idea of theirs.

"Troops are only fit for trade schools at best ..."

It's like the really believe only stupid idiots are in the military.

Yeah, I left out that aspect! So much nonsense of that sort, you lose track after awhile! The idea that intelligent people don't join the military is flat out stupid, of course. many intelligent people joi, for college funds and good training, among other reasons. The hubby joined for other reasons, but is certainly making good use of the educational benefits. Retired, and taking more classes, since he decided to go a different direction than what we'd planned before.

Happily, that's in a school that, so far, doesn't seem to have anti-military people around, as far as we have noticed. Good instructors, and he gets along well with the younger students, too. Advantage of being in a mostly rural red state, I suppose! I'd guess the bias is worse in bigger cities.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

That's because we're living 1984, and the entire country has become Airstrip one.

Nineteen Eighty-Four, often published as 1984, is a dystopian novel published in 1949 by English author George Orwell.[2][3] The novel is set in Airstrip One (formerly known as Great Britain), a province of the superstate Oceania in a world of perpetual war, omnipresent government surveillance,and public manipulation

The superstate is under the control of the privileged elite of the Inner Party, a party and government that persecutes individualism and independent thinking as "thoughtcrime", which is enforced by the "Thought Police".[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

1984 was suppose to be a book.

Not a way of life.

Does seem to be the case, doesn't it? For a lot of people, they really do behave like the ones in the book, not thinking for themselves, spouting off whatever they are told, and utterly brainwashed. When I read that, I never imagined anyone could be that gullible. Ah, the delusions of youth!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

People just stop I mean it just stop. Everyone is all ways looking for a way to be offended by the other side. This is someone who wrote their opinion it's not a policy it's not stopping anyone from attending college. It's a fool that believes they are smart and can can know what people think. If everyone let's one statement by a nut case upset them you'll never stop being offended.

I'm a vet and thus did nothing more than make me laugh at the stupidity of the writer.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Every heard of college pranks? If you have gone to college you would know.
Even if it's true who cares? People still have the right to print anything stupid.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

a reply to: theantediluvian

One GUY.

in a photo before the event in question doing absolutely NOTHING illegal in any way,shape,or form.

And YOU run around accusing others of being intellectually dishonest.

Anything to dodge? I didn't offer an opinion as to whether anyone else in that photo photo committed a crime. Derp? What's ironic is that you're also being a hypocrite with your straw man. You are in fact trying to use a dubious "newsletter" of more than questionable provenance to invent a "they" that you can use to smear the kids at that college and those on the left in general.

And that's in addition to the intellectual dishonesty.

Stop trying to deflect. Do you have any evidence of any of the following?

1. Any student at the university was involved in the "newsletter" in any way whatsoever?
2. That the "newsletter" was authored by a "they?"
3. That anyone at the school — students, administration, faculty — supported it?

If the answer to those three questions is "no" — and you know that it is — what are you so outraged about? So yeah, keep throwing up straw men but this is a nothing issue that is just being used as premise for a bunch of disingenuous crying.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
At 18 everyone must serve two years in military.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Newsflash.

Nothing illegal there.

ONE guy got arrested.

You can continue push guilt by association.

And THAT is being intellectual dishonest and the deflection.

ONE ARREST.

edit on 26-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Who wrote this newsletter?

What group do they y represent?

Does nobody else find it suspicious that all of these right wing bloggers keep finding all of this stuff but no evidence about who the people actually are? Other than convenient lone nutjobs?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Time for some of us to go back to college. Oh , wait. That sh** dont happen here in Georgia.
We recognize lunatics for what they are.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I hope the University of Colorado system can do without all federal money and can deal with the federal civil rights lawsuits from every veteran that wants to go there.

And they will likely lose all alumni donations from veterans that graduated from the University of Colorado system.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

The best part about this is, the thing was written by one person not affiliated with the college. I can't believe how sensitive people are to one nutter writing what they feel. I guess now "triggered" is just what everyone is. Is this worthy of discussion? No.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
never going to happen.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

I agree - it won't happen. typically when one idiot puts out a "statement" that is just what it is. Why would anyone car what this person said?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

just people starting crap instead of actually doing something like exercise to get the stress out.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

Yes, I imagine the person who wrote that is not a "get about town" kind of guy.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
One guy decides to write this stupid letter -> ATS Liberals: "It's just one guy, no need to talk about this more"

One guy says something racist -> ATS Liberals: "White people are so racist! Stop voting for Trump"

Accuse me of straw-man fallacy all you want, I can't even be bothered to go through their post history, but you know it's true. I'm amused at how fast you all (libs) are to try and shut this down so people won't get to watch how twisted the beliefs of your traitorous fellows are.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I'm getting really #ing sick of the left wing and these nutters. When can I start punching? Please just let it happen soon or I'll go insane.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

just stay the hell away from them. honestly... you dont even have to argue with them or get upset anymore. they are doing so much self inflicted damage they are making it easy to ignore them and do things more meaningful.... like fishing, sighting in your weapons and practicing, yard work, quality time with family, working up custom loads on the rockchucker, beefing up home security, hiking etc. etc.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join