It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leftists Group Wants to Kick Veterans out of College

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
this is NOT an official UCCS memo but something called the 'Social Justice Collective Weekly' making the rounds around University of Colorado @ Colorado Springs

www.cnsnews.com...

Veterans usually are associated with extremist right-wing groups such as the tea party and the NRA. In order to provide a safe place for all students, extremist right-wing groups must be suppressed on campus. This would include their followers: veterans.
“Veterans should be allowed to attend trade schools, or maybe even community college. But, in order to protect our academic institutions we must ban veterans from four-year universities.”

the school defends the free speech but says Vets are still welcome

We ascribe to The Board of Regents’ Guiding Principle that the University of Colorado shall always strive to “provide an outstanding, respectful, and responsive living, learning, teaching, and working environment.” Veterans are positive and valued members of our academic and campus community. They bring experience and viewpoints that enrich our discussions.

don't know if this is some twisted hoax of if someone really really hates veterans

(disclaimer; I'm a veteran)
edit on 26-8-2017 by ElGoobero because: fix quote

edit on 26-8-2017 by ElGoobero because: add source

edit on 26-8-2017 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Got a link?

Where is this?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Better add a source if you want your thread to remain.

NM - you did it as I posted.
edit on 26-8-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Who is this group? Also can you provide links?

People always have the right to say stupid things, unfortunately in this case, they are abusing those who fought for those rights.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP

Got a link?

Where is this?

oops

added

sorry

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Is it legal to just ban stupid people from universities?

We should just do that.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Maybe add the official news station link as well:

www.kktv.com...

I guess these progressive types have never heard of the concept of "defending your thesis", being able to refute all challenges against the validity of your arguments, or even "playing devils advocate" and arguing for the other side.

So because a few people might be far right, they must ban all veterans.

By that logic, because a few people might be far left and Communist, all left wing supporters should be banned.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
From the KkTV link.

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - A newsletter posted on the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) campus started to make the rounds on social media Thursday. It states veterans should be banned from four-year universities. Several viewers asked 11 News to look into the origin of the newsletter.

That's epically hypocritical.

Considering the military has become a front of social snowflakes trying to remake the war machine in their own image.

I love how they defend bigotry under free speech.

And people it is BIGOTRY.

The letter states military veterans should be banned from classes and compares the military culture to white supremacist groups.

Then they turn around and whine about people exercising their own free speech.

First off, many veterans openly mock the ideas of diversity and safe spaces for vulnerable members of society.

www.kktv.com...

The social justice weekly's entire argument is straight up cognitive dissonance.

They only want speech they agree with to be allowed.

Which is in direct violation of UCCS code.

The University of Colorado system adheres to the freedoms embodied in the United States Constitution, which include the freedom of speech contained in the First Amendment.

Bunch of freggin thought nazis.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If this is real... This is a disgusting, pathetic and I believe unacceptable display of bigotry.

Vets deserve the same rights as everybody else and refusing them into a school or anywhere because of the political identities of some of them is beyond ignorant. Just more hate and division from those advocating "social justice". There's no justice in refusing someone an education because of their political beliefs.

Screw these people, every one of them that supports this.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

If my child was associated with this group I would punch him.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

And people wondered why Generation Z will be Conservative. They don't want to be associated with Millenials.
edit on 8/26/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I have to say that the level these people go exceeds stupidity to such a degree that it necessitates a new word to accurately describe it.

Some people just don't know when to quit. They are not going to be happy until they push people into pushing back. It is so unreal, contrived, and transparent.

We just have to refuse to play their game.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
They need to change their name from "Social Justice Collective Weekly" to "Stupid Jerks Hive Weekly".

Mentally ill....I keep telling people somebody is messing with the BRAINS of these pathetic individuals.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I am not from the US, my politic's are distinctly moderate left WHICH IS NOT THE SAME THING believe me.

From my opinion, these people are not left they are enemy's of your country whom want to sow chaos, they must have a paymaster somewhere or agent's to stir up this kind of what can only be described as frankly evil mindedness.

Those whom fought and put there lives on the line for your country, no matter the conflict or reason behind it was common US citizens and patriot's of your nation, those whom want to take it all out of them are the opposite, anti patriotic, anti american (And should be stripped of there citizenship if they continue as domestic enemy's) and indeed they are agent's of Chaos.

There are and have been many instances were public outrage has not been heard and that has turned eventually into a public unrest incident, wrongful shooting and arrests, corrupt judiciary which of course are a well known problem not only for the US but for many nation's.

Now just to clue you in, true moderate left is all about Justice, these people are not Justice fighters and they are not common sense but instead are trying to destroy not to fix so they are NOT left they are anarchist which is something entirely different and is more to do with Communism.

Your Veteran's have far more of a right to be included in education than these anti patriotic little head crabs do.

Just stop this wining about left because your left is not the world's left, your right is certainly too far right and your nation need's healing not more violence and yes it does need to get these people whom think this way into some kind of psychotherapy because to be fair they are not right in the head, neither side is actually for that matter.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Anybody with different beliefs or backgrounds should be banned from college!

Nothing bad could come from that attitude....

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Calling for, and actually succeeding in such stupidity are two wholly differing things.

One is exercising, however idiotically, their free speech rights guaranteed under the Constitution of the United States.

The other is, well, stupid.

They have every right to say it, just as we have every right to criticize it, as this notion deserves nothing less than our total disdain. Should we be angry? Absolutely, we should be, and very critical of it.

Better this, however, than a country where such things are disallowed under penalty of the Law. The right to make such statements are, afterall, what my late father served twenty plus years, in three different wars, to defend...

No one says we have to like it. No one says we even have to listen. Certainly we aren't required to do either. So, I don't, and won't.
edit on 8/26/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Vets are protected from discrimination in the workplace ... im guessing that exteneds to education

So this is nothing but hate speatch ment to get people mad ... they are calling for something that is not possible

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Blacks are protected from discrimination too, so why are they complaining?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Very well said and quite succinctly at that. The only thing I would like to add is that the Chancelor of UCCS had a slightly more to the point response to this than the OP would have us think.

In a statement released by the University's Chancellor Venkat Reddy, he says that while the University does not want to deny the freedom of speech, it also wants to make clear to the public that it doesn't agree with the words written in the article.

"...we recognize the right of people to express their viewpoints, even when those viewpoints are offensive to many in our community," said Venkat Reddy, UCCS Chancellor. "Beyond the fact that the authors’ position is illegal, it is also wrong... Veterans are positive and valued members of our academic and campus community. They bring experience and viewpoints that enrich our discussions."

www.krdo.com...

It's also important to note that the group who posted this idiotic newsletter isn't actually comprised of students or any officially registered group at UC Colorado Springs so the whole thing is a little suspect to me. But what do I know, I'm just a Vet who has benefited from a college education, loves my guns but not the NRA and is called a liberal by most of my conservative friends so confusion is my natural state.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

And people wondered why Generation Z will be Conservative. They don't want to be associated with Millenials.

I fully believe your right. Lets just hope they temper their resolve and do not become zealots ... Millennials will destruct due to their constructs, and it will take time. Maybe by the end of the Trump administration it will have fallen out of fashion.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join