It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waffle House Hurricane Response team..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

No Waffle House in Corpus. Closest one is up in Austin, sadly.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I LOVE THIS. They make pretty great pecan waffles. And, OMG, back in the late 80s they had all you can eat. We'd get flat out baked and head there with the munchies and stay there for hour and scare the customer.

I've seen all kinds of waitresses there. They employ the whole spectrum.

Now that I know about this Waffle House Index maybe it's time I get some dadgum pecan waffles.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: JIMC5499

Rockport, where it came ashore, is pretty much gone.

A drag. We vacationed there a few times when I was a kid.

Former NFL linebacker Dag Nguyen went to high school there.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

My city doesn't have Waffle House. But two cities away there's one, and next week when I have drive there anyway, I'm going to stop at the Waffle House, eat, and leave a big ass tip just because of this article.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I mean that's kind of cool and generous.

I wouldn't want to be an employee stuck in that mess and still working, not sure how safe it is but they seem to have faith they are in the clear on anything that happens.

Would be nice to have a sense of normalcy if you could get to a waffle house.

-Alee

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I was living in Mississippi when Katrina hit and can say that Waffle House was one of the only places open for at least a week. I lived close to Jackson and power was out for 2.5 weeks....luckily I had a generator.

Probably some of the best neighborhood cookout those 2 weeks ever as everyone was emptying their deep freezers out and just having grilling parties all over the place.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I remember you posting about being in Katrina a while back.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Talk about creative efficiency.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
In n out burger does something similar. They have generators too. During the earthquakes years ago in LA when large parts of the city were without power in n out burger was lit up like a christmas tree with a drive through line blocks long.

A few years ago in central california lightning hit a power relay and took it off line. For 100 miles no power anywhere except for in n out burgers. They sold out their inventory in a few hours business was so good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join