It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today Protest at Fort Sanders Confederate Monument Knoxville

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
So, it’s come to my town, and it's over one monument in the Fort Sanders area which is downtown and apart of the University of Tennessee campus (I think). I am sure both side will be transporting loads of outside instigators to really season the pot on this one. The monument is not even one of a person but one that commemorates the battle at Fort Sanders. I am really hoping that this does not become another Charlottesville.

In the midst of heated debate over the fate of a Fort Sanders monument honoring Confederate soldiers, white supremacists have made plans to come to East Tennessee.

News Article Link

So as I want to see facebook blow up over what’s going on in town, if there is any fellow Knoxvillians on ATS please way in on what you think might happen today downtown. Good luck to anyone that has to be in the Fort Sanders area today.

~Morpheus:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA

Monuments today and books tomorrow.. That is one well traveled road that has never seemed to end well except for the elite favored ones.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Fort Sanders, huh?

This got me thinking, how long before people start protesting Colonel Sanders? I mean he's a plantation owning-looking dude right out of central casting.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not to mention the vast Greasy Chicken Genocide conspiracy!

Star for you!

(Seriously, I hope everyone in Knoxville is alive and well at the end of the day. At some point, we as a nation are going to have to stand up against those who would divide us.)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Col Sanders is the Mengel of chickens.

Also he has been harboring his secret spices and hiding them from the republic.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Monuments today and books tomorrow..

Flags of yesterday monuments of yesteryear books tomorrow, the constitution next week.

Progressive idiocracy.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I am in Knoxville this weekend, I'll try to keep a eye on the activity's. The civil war was a dark time for Tennessee. We were a divided lot, brother against brother, father against son. I guess it was a lot like the last election. I am not sure what single action was the polarizing event, but I lost friends over it. I can only imagine the war was a lot like that.

I hope today is peaceful in Knoxville, but we have our share of hotheads. Most of my neighbors are strong believers in the law, including the 2nd amendment, and we won't put up with much foolishness. Time will tell.

I don't think much of our mayor, there is a petition to remove the monuments around Knoxville, so far 2500 to remove and 5000 to keep.
I signed the petition to save the monument because I think monuments are great teaching aids. I love taking my grandchildren on educational trips and talking about the historical events. The monuments help to make it real for the kids.
edit on 26-8-2017 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

At some point, we as a nation are going to have to stand up against those who would divide us.

You should start a thread articulating precisely who you think 'those' are. So far the best evidence I've seen in this regard came straight out of the mouth of Scott Foval and Robert Creamer, so if there are others even more heavily invested in the division process, I'd be keen to see who you think they are, and why they want to push such an agenda.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I know ... like these guys ...

Is it Time to Ban the Koran? - iPatriot.com

The Koran is a seditious document which violently contradicts American laws, our Constitution, our Bill of Rights, our Judeo/Christian beliefs, our way of life and everything we cherish and hold dear. That this evil book is allowed to exist in the United States of America is an insult to every intelligent, sensitive, decent, patriotic non-Muslim American citizen.

Or this guy ...

Lon Mabon launched an anti-gay campaign attempting to amend the Oregon state constitution to allow discrimination against lesbians and gay men. He used Heather Has Two Mommies and Daddy's Roommate as evidence of a militant homosexual agenda.

Controversy, Censorship and Children's Literature

Damned Progressives.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Have anything other than red herrings?

My guess is no.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

At some point, we as a nation are going to have to stand up against those who would divide us.

You should start a thread articulating precisely who you think 'those' are. So far the best evidence I've seen in this regard came straight out of the mouth of Scott Foval and Robert Creamer, so if there are others even more heavily invested in the division process, I'd be keen to see who you think they are, and why they want to push such an agenda.

My views are really simple ... anyone who tries to set Americans against Americans is trying to divide us. Anyone who continually prostitutes themselves in support of the illusion of "right and left" is trying to divide us.

Anyone who apologizes for Nazi and White Supremacist terrorists is trying to divide us.

Anyone who commits unprovoked violence and vandalism for any reason is trying to divide us.

See, no thread needed; you just had to ask (or read almost any of my posts.)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Are monuments, statues, symbols of free expression?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Good luck for you and your town. These minority groups are provoking each other to cause trouble and make each other look worse. Yeah, it's almost impossible for a swastika-tattooed nazi to look worse lol. Black hooded suburbanites beating private property with sticks isn't much better either.

Despite the seriousness, it's like children who bicker tit-for-tat until one of them gets hurt and starts crying, "Not fair! They started it!!"

The supremacist/nazi powwow in the Smokies is gonna lead to more outrage. People are gonna bus their way there the way it's going. As we've seen on social media, making nazis into the injured party is the best recruitment tool they've had in decades.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

My guess is no.

LOL ... so you're retracting your statement about Progressives calling for banning books?

Fine. Good on you.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Yeah.

The "Confederacy" was so "White Supremacist", they got mad and killed a few hundred thousand White people during the War.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Yeah.

The "Confederacy" was so "White Supremacist", they got mad and killed a few hundred thousand White people during the War.

So did Hitler.

/shrug

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: neo96

My guess is no.

LOL ... so you're retracting your statement about Progressives calling for banning books?

Fine. Good on you.

After eight years of progressives whining bout Fox News.

NOPE.
edit on 26-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Yeah.

Someone ought to post that 1924 klanbake picture.

Of all the historical artifacts that they whine about.

The never whine bout the biggest monument every built off the backs of slavery.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Ok, so if I understand correctly, this is not a monument of a confederate general, but just a monument to commemorate the battle that happened there?? Question: Are they protesting because the south won the battle there, or are they just upset that the south had a battle there??

By the gods, the more I read in the news today, the more I completely agree with Professor Farnsworth. "I don't want to live on this planet anymore."

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Yeah.

So did Hitler.

/shrug

Yeah.

The Nazis and Fascists in the 20th Century got extra mad.

They killed 20 or 30 million White people.

||-(0_0)-||

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join