It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is the pacifying illusion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

May I suggest you continue the evolution of your thought and abandon the "left right" paradigm completely?

There is only one side to politics: authoritarian control.

In the US we are divided and conquered every so often with a different flavor of candy ... put it's all still the same poison.

Politicians lie. They crave power over you and me. That is the core psychosis of politics.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: growler

See my OP where I say I hate politics and don't vote.

Trump is the same old puppet show. It just comes in a unique package that makes some of us believe he's the real deal.

How will they fool and surprise us next? First woman president 2020?

edit on 26-8-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I think Trump is doing a fine job myself. He is finally turning our forces back to Afghanistan where we could have made much more progress the last eight years. It was number 3 of things I hope he would stay committed on, and he has already fulfilled one and two, well two almost.

Plus, the NAFTA negotiations are going ahead as planned and promised.

IMO, Trump has been and committed himself to at least 70% of what he offered during the election. I say we stay the course and make sure he serves until 2024.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

It takes guts to apologize especially on an anonymous chat forum, so 'good on You'. Sometimes it just takes a view presented from a different angle is all, plus when it gets personal, it gets out of whack quick...

Plus, if I get pissed over something that someone else does or types, then that person has "power" over Me. I kinda dig My power...

So again, "good on You" and Have a nice day!

namaste

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: JimNasium

You're right. I did allow my passions to leak through with this thread instead of keeping level.

I did take a cheap shot at a member I tend to disagree with and that wasn't in the spirit of ATS. That I apologize for.

Nice job narco. Nice job.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

And this is why people shouldn't base their politics on conspiracy theories...

When your guy finally wins, if your still pushing conspiracy theories he must be in on it, because your side is the one running things lmao...

edit on 26-8-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

May I suggest you continue the evolution of your thought and abandon the "left right" paradigm completely?

There is only one side to politics: authoritarian control.

In the US we are divided and conquered every so often with a different flavor of candy ... put it's all still the same poison.

Politicians lie. They crave power over you and me. That is the core psychosis of politics.

I quote this just to repeat it. I've noticed, that as soon as I read "left" or "right" regarding politics, I automatically roll my eyes.

I'm neither a Trump supporter, or an anti-Trump person. The man is a narcissistic asshole, I'm really glad I'm not American. He might do some things right, but he seems to be as wrong as many times as he's right. Some of his ideas do make sense...

I've never seen the states so divided. Y'all really need to stop the left and right bs, most people should be able to see both sides, or are a little of both. Anyone that is completely left, or right, seems a little crazy.

Not seeing much pacifying going on though, there seems to be a lot of fighting, rioting, arguing......

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Could it--Just could it be that the citizens' vote truly decides? Perhaps..

Not. Trump didn't win, he was (s)elected.

But it looked like he won, didn't it.

The band plays on.

The electoral college works for me. It prevents California and New York from mob rule.

I'm just saying it looks like a new boss, but same as the old boss. We've been fooled again.

Speak for yourself. I don't vote.

Gryphon at top of page is eloquent.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't vote either. But I did foolishly allow myself to hope for positive change and draining the swamp and all that.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

There are no good things--It's not human nature.

Ain't that a hell of a note. Yet, earlier, you understood the nature of a snarky reply and apologized. One that you understood it and then, two, made account of it by apologizing. Right there, two good aspects of human nature.

edit on 31America/ChicagoSat, 26 Aug 2017 11:11:09 -0500Sat, 26 Aug 2017 11:11:09 -050017082017-08-26T11:11:09-05:001100000011 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I don't vote either. But I did foolishly allow myself to hope for positive change and draining the swamp and all that.

They want you to lose hope. Remember, we can't change nor are we responsible for the whole world, only our behavior.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

So far, the Trump administration is just an extension of the Bush & Obama administrations.

Talk is cheap. The ACA and war in Afghanistan are not. I see what these two parties are doing with their smoke & mirrors 'divide.' The proof is in the pudding.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

That there is 'The Bait™' that is how 'They' fool You, the method that 'they' use to $u¢k You into 'the trap'... One could bring forth proof of this going ALL the way back to the first peoples "This sucks, We have to try and slay a dragon and the King&Court sit on their duffs, this blows..." And more recently to "He is a 'lesser of 2 evils'...plus He is a brilliant businessman..." (or He started out w/a bunch of $$$ and when on tilt, just go in for a re-boot--Kinda like Dave Rockefeller and human hearts...)

All this proves is that You're more concerned about the 'other You' than You, YourSelf.. You don't play the game YourSelf but if it helps out the majority it is someone You can get behind.. 4 months or 31,827 tweets later it is "uh....er..... nobody is that much of a dolt..." Guess what?

I've added a musical video, as many grew up on MTV™ when they actually played music videos. This song mentions a Queen and moving on 'up' It also mentions giving it to Mom Nature... Enjoy:

www.youtube.com...

I'd also opine that You know folks that when Herr Drumpf was just starting His campaign, these folks were vocal that He was a dork, didn't like Him, didn't like His t.v. show and still blame Him for ruining the USFL™, now these folks are making excuses for Him, these folks are stuck in the 2-Party Paradigm. STEP BACK and take another look, this is one of those things where it is much better on 'the outside looking in..."

edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: spellin fo paw

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

My very humble advice: Just vote for the third party candidate that's polling best. If voters can get a third party equal ballot access and public funding, then that is more progress than we can ever hope for by voting for a *winning* Republican or Democrat. Five percent of the vote is all it takes.

Libertarian or the Green Party...I personally wouldn't mind seeing either party (or both) on an equal playing field with Democrats and Republicans.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

They want you to lose hope. Remember, we can't change nor are we responsible for the whole world, only our behavior.

Well I tried watching more Bill Hicks, but all I get are those Bill Hicks is Alex Jones vids.

Next youtube is going to tell me Buddy Holly faked his death and became John Denver

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The country is ran by a well oiled machine. It's been finely tuned and calibrated over many years. The machine is mostly autonomous but people can't accept that so the population has been conditioned to view the machine as a person, a president.

But the president is just a facade. A mask that the machine wears and changes every four to eight years as needed. Within the machine we have senate, congress, intelligence, military, tax, bank, and so on. While the people that make up these positions remain over the years or are replaced by selected operatives, the people still somehow think the mask changes the machine.

Buy now, limited edition, red to replace the old blue version. Supplies are limited. No refunds. No warranties, implied or otherwise.

But as the mask changes colors, the machine still operates the same way. We've expanded our view of the machine as one person (I blame the internet age) to include other figures; Speaker of the House, Wips, Majority/Minority Leaders... People thought Comey represented some inhuman force of authority over the intelligence portion of the machine just because of his limelight. I think that's a decent analogy.

Are we dull enough to be fooled by a shiny new red mask? Do we think the next mask will be any different? Will we sup at the table of campaign promises?

Just my two noncents. Same as it ever was.

edit on 26-8-2017 by Noncents because: Added A Missing Letter

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

Indeed. New mask, same machine.

This new mask just managed to get hype in a different way. Not a career politician oh my! Someone too rich to be bribed!

The old packaging is getting boring and it's going to get more gimmicky down the road I believe. I believe we're going to be seeing a lot of "First ____ to be president" in my lifetime.

The novelty is part of the mask distraction.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

What if the NWO Illuminati Hillary PTB agenda continues on all cylinders right after Trump, and Trump's administration only serves to cast more doubt? Anybody who points to the overall orchestrations of a higher entity will be reminded that 'Trump got elected, didn't he? So there can't possibly be a wizard behind the curtain.'

Things are getting crazier than ever and we all want some hope. Trump might be the new false hope just like Obama was. All that matters is the grand scheme, the wheels within wheels.

What does this even mean?

Seriously, I can't make head or tail of your OP.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

What if the NWO Illuminati Hillary PTB agenda continues on all cylinders right after Trump, and Trump's administration only serves to cast more doubt? Anybody who points to the overall orchestrations of a higher entity will be reminded that 'Trump got elected, didn't he? So there can't possibly be a wizard behind the curtain.'

Things are getting crazier than ever and we all want some hope. Trump might be the new false hope just like Obama was. All that matters is the grand scheme, the wheels within wheels.

What does this even mean?

Seriously, I can't make head or tail of your OP.

It means Trump is part of the illusion. The left had their guy with Obama. The right have their guy in Trump. The left is going to come back with Hillary perhaps 2020?

Trump may not be the outsider swamp-drainer people thought when voting.

He's just meant to shake up the pattern so it doesn't look like a pattern so much.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

The old packaging is getting boring and it's going to get more gimmicky down the road I believe. I believe we're going to be seeing a lot of "First ____ to be president" in my lifetime.

President Dwayne 'Do-You-Smell-What-The-Rock-Is-Cooking' Johnson? Yep, gimmicky is a good word for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join