It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pardons Sheriff Arpaio....:)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: Damiel

So it was a Republican appointed judge that initiated this? That going to throw a monkey wrench into the works.

Guess so. Trump is fair....

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
He'd have been CHARGED for those claims you make of him.. Federally. You know it, I know it. Obama and him hated each other guts. County judge is far more powerful that county sheriff.

Yep, irrelevant. Apparently, there's more than a few that see this as a 'win'. Those will be the members of the new party that will end the travesty that is the Republican Party. It can't happen soon enough.

It's virtually impossible to personally charge him for those crimes, because they were the actions of his office, and as sheriff he has immunity. It was the county which would get sued, and they were sued a bunch.

And his office was charged. Here's one such case
www.acluaz.org...

Found guilty for cruel and unusual punishment, by the feds. He ignored their orders, and paid a fine.

I get that you want to like a guy who was anti Obama, pro Trump, and seemingly pro secure borders. But look into what this guy did. We can check all the birther nonsense at the door and not even get into that (said birther nonsense is also why Obama treated him lightly, he didn't want to look like he was silencing his critics).

This is a guy who brags about having run a concentration camp.
Refused to investigate rape claims if it was a Latino reporting them.
Would round up Americans and throw them into jail until they could prove innocence, based on subjective feelings towards their skin color.
Said jails were torture rooms.
Would deliberately withhold prescribed medications from prisoners to torment them further.
Would give substitute medications (that they were forced to take) that had severe side effects.
Threw kids into chain gangs.
Put prisoners in scorching hot temperatures, and denied them water.
Fed prisoners spoiled food.
Made sure the only shower facilities contained scalding hot water, resulting in many burn victims.
Regularly practiced sleep deprivation techniques on inmates.
Kept prisoners in such hot conditions that their shoes would melt off their feet during work.
Kept prisoners in extreme cold conditions, where hypothermia was a nightly occurance.
Let disease fester in the prisons, to where anyone who was released was sick and needed months of rehabiliation, to partially recover (almost everyone carries a physical ailment from those prisons as a souvenier).

This is the type of stuff they do in North Korea, it might even be worse than North Korea.

There is no way any reasonable person can support a sheriff who does this. And, he did it all on the basis of race. No evidence, just locking up Latinos, most of which were American citizens. There have been many reports of legal citizens getting caught up in these camps for months at a time, just because they couldn't provide a birth certificate.

No charge.
No evidence.
No trial.
Arbitary prison stay.
He would just round people up and throw them into the jail.

That goes against several of our highest and most sacred laws. There is no defense for this.

Arpaio deserves much worse than a prison cell.
edit on 26-8-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I've said the same thing people choose to ignore what he did. The only reason I can think of is he hated Obama so that makes him a good guy in the eyes of many. Thus man admitted he ran a concentration camp. He was shown to lock people up for no other reason then they might be illegal. He expected them to prove their innocence. How many people know where their birth certificate is? Yet while your family tried to get that information you have to work in a prison camp where food was withheld. In conditions of 100 degree heat living in tents. Many hear talk about fema camps yet this a hole actually ran one. He made driving while Hispanic a crime.
edit on 8/27/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Trump is fair? That's really what you believe? He is an idiot.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Deserves more than prison?
If you believe all these talking points, these 'suits', that are now filed almost daily on anyone who isn't in the good old boy camp, then I've got a bridge in Arizona to sell you. Most of the cities caved when the ACLU filed suits against them, normal operating basis to save the money and cede defeat. Yet the County didn't... interesting. You say he lost due to those 'suits'? I say more being 85 years old.

Your agenda is clear. As is your Establishment buddies. The Feds could have gone in on civil liberty and civil rights violations on even allegations. It's the left main method of operating.

Based on racial discrimination, Obama seized control of a number of city police forces. Sorry, your painting a picture that isn't resonating. Too many time has wolf been cried.....YAWN. Good night.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Je had many reasons for losing including not investigating child rape cases. The law suits with millions lost while he couldn't a ford to give his deputies raises. He wrongfully arrested a politician because he disagreed with him. He quickly went from police officer to outlaw. Even threatened the mayor of Phoenix because he dared say he was dangerous. Home land security actually had to remove his rights for Immigration enforcement do to violations of civil rights. You can't arrest us citizens and detain them without charges. Despite losing his authority he still would go in to hispanic neighborhoods and make arrests in what he called stings. In reality he just harassed everyone it was so bad Hispanics were carrying documents with them to show they were legal.

Then there is the deathe that occurred in his jails one video showed his deputies torturing a paraplegic. Actually strapped a man with no use of his legs and arms into a restraining chair. Then proceeded to place a towel over his head while cops beat him and pored water on him.

The army banned water torture and his deputies did it to a man that couldn't even use his arms and legs. But your going to defend this because Obama went after him which is BS. If anything he ignored it for way to long even the FBI was recommending prosecution.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Je had many reasons for losing including not investigating child rape cases. The law suits with millions lost while he couldn't a ford to give his deputies raises. He wrongfully arrested a politician because he disagreed with him. He quickly went from police officer to outlaw. Even threatened the mayor of Phoenix because he dared say he was dangerous. Home land security actually had to remove his rights for Immigration enforcement do to violations of civil rights. You can't arrest us citizens and detain them without charges. Despite losing his authority he still would go in to hispanic neighborhoods and make arrests in what he called stings. In reality he just harassed everyone it was so bad Hispanics were carrying documents with them to show they were legal.

Then there is the deathe that occurred in his jails one video showed his deputies torturing a paraplegic. Actually strapped a man with no use of his legs and arms into a restraining chair. Then proceeded to place a towel over his head while cops beat him and pored water on him.

The army banned water torture and his deputies did it to a man that couldn't even use his arms and legs. But your going to defend this because Obama went after him which is BS. If anything he ignored it for way to long even the FBI was recommending prosecution.

Well, I don't buy it. Apparently, Trump doesn't either. I can take your word for it or Trump's. At this juncture, I will take Trump's.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Well, I don't buy it. Apparently, Trump doesn't either. I can take your word for it or Trump's. At this juncture, I will take Trump's.

which is part of the problem this site has these days.
ignore evidence, ignore facts all hail the party in power.

a conspiracy forum where high levels of government misdeeds and corruption are being overlooked in favour of praising those perps and where anti fascism has become a bad thing.
if only w. bush promised to build a wall and bomb some random arabic countries there wouldn't have been a single 9/11 thread.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Why wouldn't I believe them? Arpaio has admitted to all of it in court, and on talk shows. His crimes have crossed 4 Presidential administrations, and they've been trying to shut him down since the 90's. Court systems move very slow in cases like this though because sheriff's really do have near untouchable power.

This is a guy who intentionally ran over a puppy using a tank, just because he wanted to send a message to the owner.

And if that doesn't get you, this guy would substitute out peoples medications with worse medicines that had permanent debilitating side effects, just because he could. There's many in Arizona now who are disabled, not due to injury but because Arpaio gave them medicines that he knew would permanently screw them up, because he thought that would be a good punishment.

Saying this guy is pure evil is too good for him. He is an absolute, complete, and utter piece of #. He was doing things the Japanese did to the Chinese, or that the North Koreans do to this day. It's worthy of condemnation at the very least.
edit on 27-8-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Trump has been delaying in picking his DHS chief. I'm curious, would you go as far as to support Arpaio as Trumps pick? There's some rumors that that's who he's considering.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: growler

which is part of the problem this site has these days.
ignore evidence, ignore facts all hail the party in power.

a conspiracy forum where high levels of government misdeeds and corruption are being overlooked in favour of praising those perps and where anti fascism has become a bad thing.
if only w. bush promised to build a wall and bomb some random arabic countries there wouldn't have been a single 9/11 thread.

You say they're facts. That makes them facts?? Every single anti-trump poster swears they are facts.

The problem is even you did bump into a truth, you wouldn't be believed due to your own biases.

I don't buy it. We don't buy it. Flat out, the left and their cousins in the Republican establishment have lost all credibility.

No nothing wrong with this site, in that regard. Merely a higher IQ than you average citizen out there.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Why are people defending a man who pretty much bragged about running a concentration camp?
www.phoenixnewtimes.com...
edit on 27-8-2017 by Grik123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grik123
Why are people defending a man who pretty much bragged about running a concentration camp?

So tiring. LOL. So you have a sheriff, elected after serving in the army. His sworn duty to protect his county. He sees a steady increase of illegals, an increase of crime and receives virtually no help from ANY President. Republican or Democrat. Why? Both parties, albeit for different reasons. Support the illegal immigrant supply. The rhetoric is different.

So this sheriff decides to enforce the laws that the Feds are ignoring.

No, he doesn't have a 'right' to do so...any more than the Feds have the 'right' to ignore those laws. The county isn't well funded. it's not in the city. So he sets up as cheap a solution to housing and feeding these illegals, and others, as he can.

His duty lies in his county, not the State, not the nation. Fairly obvious, yes?

So he enters a rhetoric that makes the county look as bad as possible for crime, for illegals and any other liability to the county from entering or staying. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. We have concentration camps!! The food is terrible and you will have to WORK, perish the thought.

He doesn't really care what others think about it. He only cares that less illegals want to stay in his county. It works.

The agenda driven crowd files suits. The county supports the sheriff as they see the tactic is working. They support him for YEARS. Apparently, the suits lose, gee, imagine that. Can't even produce a preponderance of evidence.

Finally, they get him on a contempt of court point. A valid one. So now you have an 85 year old ex-sheriff facing potential incarceration.

Trump says screw that. Huge numbers support both Trump and the Sheriff.

By the way Aadazan, If Congress fails to adhere to the laws of the land and fail to support the mandate given to President Trump, then HELL YES. I would support Arpaio for the head of DHS.

If nothing else works and that what it takes, then yes. Here's my response, it will be YOU and your ilk's responsibility if it comes to that.

edit on 27-8-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Would you believe your own eyes as to what went on in Phoenix under his watch.

Here is 6 videos on life in tent city Ill post the first but I suggest watching them all.

Here is a sheriffs deputy breaking the law going through a defense attys paperwork to remove things her didn't think she should have.

m.youtu...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

He literally said tent city is a concentration camp.

On video.

His own words.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

Trump is fair? That's really what you believe? He is an idiot.

How so? Please elaborate. Some people say "Trump is an idiot", but never explain how. There's proof that Obama thought all Americans were/are idiots.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
arpaio is total scum... this monster should have been locked up a long time ago.

really shows the caliber of trump's character that he would do this, imo. that man literally does not give a # about anything except his pocketbook and his ego.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

And his prisons literally are concentration camps. Thee Feds literally had to force him to properly feed the inmates.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

He's actually talking about running again for office. I don't think he would win seeing as the last election they tire him up with videos. Many people in Phoenix had no idea what he was doing. But he's smart in one respect he made Obama the enemy and claimed he was coming after him. When in reality Obama ignored a situation he shouldn't have because of politics.

Now Trump's pardon is simple if he did some research I don't think he would have done it. Instead he got information from supporters who argued he's innocent. I think Trump will regret this decision as more and more comes out about are so called sheriff. His staff tried to warn him but as usual he jumps through gun and does something stupid. Every time I say OK he's going to be a president now he reverts back to campaign mode.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grik123

There is nothing at all wrong with prison camps, UNLESS the wrong (i.e. innocent) people are put in them. ALL prisons should provide a hard life for criminals as proper punishment for crime.

Also, read your own article. He wasn't bragging, he was slapping down a stupid question from the audience.
edit on 28/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join