It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pardons Sheriff Arpaio....:)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Not only that, he apparently targeted (and had falsely arrested) New Times journalists who covered him (they recently won a settlement); and also allegedly had deputies shackle an immigrant to a bed as she gave childbirth, among the other numerous heinous documented acts.

He's a POS, just like the president, so it's no wonder he was pardoned.
edit on 26-8-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

He wasn't following the law though. That's why the courts slapped him with content. He was a renegade sheriff who wanted to do things his way rather than by the book.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Neither. He said he knew how to find criminals. As a result he was targeting minorities and not investigating crimes against non-whites. This is against federal and Arizona constitutions.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

Yes. Are you surprised after all that has happened that Trump and his supporters are backing a guy who bragged about running a concentration camp?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: jrod

Not only that, he apparently targeted (and had falsely arrested) New Times journalists who covered him (they recently won a settlement); and also allegedly had deputies shackle an immigrant to a bed as she gave childbirth, among the other numerous heinous documented acts.

He's a POS, just like the president, so it's no wonder he was pardoned.

Oh he's a piece of crap. People want to defend his actions because they think he somehow secured the border. And they are for border control so he has to be a great guy. Truth is he put people's lives in danger on a regular basis. Made anyone who looks Hispanic go through hell. Think of it this way he set up a concentration camp the only thing he missed was the gassing. When a I judge ruled he needed to stop targeting Latinos he continued anyway. He was found in contempt because they spoke out about how he incarcerated them even though they were citizens. You don't arrest US citizens for no reason other then they look like they might be mexican. We dont tolerate pulling over black people because they are black. So why should we tolerate it for Hispanics either.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

I'm not discussing Obama, Clinton, Bush, Bush or Reagan. I'm discussing Trump. None of those other guys are the sitting PoTUS, are they ? Or do you just wish they were still there?

Ah your not 'discussing' those guys. In rebuttal to you, I am mentioning them. There we are....

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

He wasn't following the law though. That's why the courts slapped him with content. He was a renegade sheriff who wanted to do things his way rather than by the book.

Amazing post. Here's an admitted Republican Establishment member proving there is little difference between his camp and the Democrats.

At least you are honest about it.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

You people seem to be running out of any form of logic at all. It's hilarious.

And you people always fallback on the "yeah but ... the other guy" defence when confronted by the uncomfortable truth rather than addressing the issue , that my friend is hilarious.

This officer of the law ignored the court of which he is a servant and was brought to book for it , your President has also ignored the decision of the court by overturning their judgement for no other reason than it fits his xenophobic agenda.

So does every President when they issue a pardon! Yes? I cannot buy into a logic that has two standards to cover a political view. So you guys disagree with Trump's decision. Our guys don't.

It's a win for our side and a lose for yours. DEAL WITH IT.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Ice doesn't creat concentration camps they have facilities that actually look out for the inmates. They didn't do things like Joe did such as refusing them meals.working them in a desert with heat over 100 degrees. I don't even have a problem with ICE. That's their job what I do have a problem with is some two bit sheriff making his own laws. By the way I figure this doesnt effect you or you wouldnt be so blasse about it. But imagine if he pulled you over put you in a work camp and told you to get your relatives to bring a birth certificate proving your a citizen. If you don't have one on hand like many people then you would have to wait a couple of weeks to get a new one.

So would you be OK with that? And why does he get to treat citizens like crap after all he's suppose to serve and protect them. As far as Trump I consider myself fair I defend him at times from stupid attack other times I admonish him for his actions. This is one of those times he has no business overusing a judge when he knows nothing of the case. I don't think he's racist never believed that but I do think he has little regard for anyone other than himself we have seen it to many times with his lack of empathy.

You must have some information, hopefully firsthand, that isn't generally covered, I highly doubt that laws suits wouldn't be flying against him if your hyperbole was accurate. (Please no left wing Links as proof.) Obama or even the State of Arizona would have had his butt in a nanosecond if that was the case.

The best a left judge could do after a blatantly political statement calling his actions racist, was get him on a contempt of court violation.

It was a political order and he ignored it.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Good for Trump! The idiots cheering the prosecution of the Sheriff are what some call useful idiots. They are too damn stupid to realize that they are being used as tools to promote an unlawful and even satanic agenda. The NWO, one world government and one world religion is a real agenda, and 'no borders' is a huge part of that agenda. Wake up idiots, you are cheering your own demise!
edit on 26-8-2017 by craterman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I don't have a side I'm a foreigner my concern comes from a fellow member of the free world who sees bad things happening , the quote above shows exactly how polarised your country has become under this President ... by design.

I believe we may be witnessing the decline of the Western civilization ... so sad.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
To be clear, on the legal front :

In 2011, a federal district court judge, a Republican appointee, ordered Arpaio to stop a practice that constituted a flagrant violation of constitutional rights.

Rather than submit to the federal court order, Arpaio acted in open defiance, placing himself above the federal judiciary and the rule of law. Last month, he was properly convicted of criminal contempt for his defiance.

Link

Trump has just pardoned a federal criminal !

That's just the warm up though
the first course
The entrée

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I don't have a side I'm a foreigner my concern comes from a fellow member of the free world who sees bad things happening , the quote above shows exactly how polarised your country has become under this President ... by design.

I believe we may be witnessing the decline of the Western civilization ... so sad.

You are right on the decline of western civilization. The problem is you've recognized it far, FAR too late. It has been ongoing for decades. This President represents the pushback from the base that has been left high and dry for far too long.

A citizen of the free world?? You must live in a parallel dimension. Nothing free in it left.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

To expand on this, he would arrest you, throw you in the camp, and make you stay there, sometimes for months at a time, until a family member could come to your aid and prove your citizenship.

Arrest without charge, for indefinite periods of time, where you would be systematically tortured... all on the basis of your skin color.

The failing in the justice system isn't that Trump pardoned him, it's that no one stopped him sooner.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Amazing post. Here's an admitted Republican Establishment member proving there is little difference between his camp and the Democrats.

My camp, whatever that may be, doesn't defend people who run concentration camps, ignore rape victims if they're brown skinned, and arrest people without evidence, charge, or length of detention.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Many lawsuits have been brought against Arpaio. Maricopa County has spent nearly $150 million in his legal defenses. That's actually what got him voted out of office, people were sick of paying his court costs.

Here's the thing though, sheriff is the most powerful elected position on the ballot. It's more powerful than the President. The sheriff is harder to remove, and has fewer checks and balances. Once elected he can do damn near anything he wants, unless the court tells him to stop.

The court actually did tell him to stop. He didn't. As these things go, court cases take a long time to wind their way through the legal system. He finally got contempt... but he's out of office so it's almost entirely irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

My camp, whatever that may be, doesn't defend people who run concentration camps, ignore rape victims if they're brown skinned, and arrest people without evidence, charge, or length of detention.

NO, but your camp lies with the best of them. None of the above is obvious otherwise Obama and his DOJ would have hung him out to dry in a heartbeat.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: craterman
Good for Trump! The idiots cheering the prosecution of the Sheriff are what some call useful idiots. They are too damn stupid to realize that they are being used as tools to promote an unlawful and even satanic agenda. The NWO, one world government and one world religion is a real agenda, and 'no borders' is a huge part of that agenda. Wake up idiots, you are cheering your own demise!

If satan is as bad as his press releases claim, I'm pretty sure he would be on the side of physical and mental torture, concentration camps, and arbitrarily rounding up US citizens to throw in them.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Many lawsuits have been brought against Arpaio. Maricopa County has spent nearly $150 million in his legal defenses. That's actually what got him voted out of office, people were sick of paying his court costs.

Here's the thing though, sheriff is the most powerful elected position on the ballot. It's more powerful than the President. The sheriff is harder to remove, and has fewer checks and balances. Once elected he can do damn near anything he wants, unless the court tells him to stop.

The court actually did tell him to stop. He didn't. As these things go, court cases take a long time to wind their way through the legal system. He finally got contempt... but he's out of office so it's almost entirely irrelevant.

He'd have been CHARGED for those claims you make of him.. Federally. You know it, I know it. Obama and him hated each other guts. County judge is far more powerful that county sheriff.

Yep, irrelevant. Apparently, there's more than a few that see this as a 'win'. Those will be the members of the new party that will end the travesty that is the Republican Party. It can't happen soon enough.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

So it was a Republican appointed judge that initiated this? That going to throw a monkey wrench into the works.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join