It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ignored and Suppressed Opium and Other Substance Addiction Solution

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: Doctor Smith

I'm not taking responsibility for you in any way.

Of course you're not. And I highly doubt you'd take responsibility for anyone severely injured by taking you're advice either. Hell, you probably wouldn't even feel guilty.

Why should OP have to take responsibility for a human adult did as the result of something posted on an internet forum?

Why can't people share remedies that have worked for them without being blasted?

Nobody can predict what any remedy will do for any single human. BigPharma would have us believe otherwise but that is the simple truth. What will help alleviate one person's pain might potentiate another's pain.

I know two people who have been on opiods for chronic pain for over 30 years and yet have never become addicted. Dozens of other people I know say they were addicted after only a few days or weeks of use. The very same medication that caused some people to lead fuller, more comfortable lives was the source of misery and even death for many, many more.

I don't have the answer to this problem. I firmly believe that a major responsibility for this problem lies with the Medical/Pharmaceutical Industry. The last thing they want is for people to find cures for the problems from which they're currently getting a goodly portion of their income. They are the most powerful influence on the media in the USA via their billions of advertising. I'm generally a pretty radical free speech person but one ban that wouldn't bother me at all would be to ban advertising of prescription drugs.

It was only after I turned away from the mainstream Medical/Pharmaceutical Industry to embrace more natural ways to health that I actually became healthy. Mainstream medicine is wonderful and glorious for some particular circumstances. Their idea of health care at this point is to take pills...and tests....and pills....and tests....

I'm all for exploring for whatever works and happy that the OP has found and is sharing what has worked for him. It helps to keep an open mind. Remember that there was a time when the practice of medicine was an art. An honest doc will tell you that today is a mixture of art, science and a little faith in magic.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I know two people who have been on opiods for chronic pain for over 30 years and yet have never become addicted.

Have they tried stopping?

Sorry, but I don't believe that.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Anyone on an opioid for that period of time is addicted, it is as simple as that.

However, some people handle the withdrawal from substances a heck of a lot better then others, primarily because of genetics in the D2 subtype.

While some can not move and are suffering in the middle of hell with bone breaking pain, others will just be very annoyed, irritable, a little angry, have a headache etc for a couple of weeks.

There is no human who is immune from addiction, and you have to take out all other drugs that will help with the withdrawal also, that includes alcohol to see how the withdrawal really is.
edit on 28-8-2017 by MuonToGluon because: Added + Fixed

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

a reply to: TerryDon79

Look up Serotonin Syndrome. That's what your box can do.

Have any examples of one of these units doing that? I didn't think so.

Just goes to show how much you care about human beings.

Don't worry though. I'm sure your bank balance outweighs anyone's health being effected by you're precious little box.

I'm sure it couldn't do any more harm to you than what has already been done.

So change one harm for another? And make your bank balance bigger while you're at it.

So much for the faux caring you posted in this thread.

Shilling for the drug companies again. I hope you feel good about keeping people from any help with their condition. While you're raking in the big bucks in your mothers basement.

Ah yes. I'm the shill. You, the one pushing some useless and some harmful pseudoscience (a quick glance at your threads shows that) OBVIOUSLY isn't a shill.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Because some people will try anything they see to try and quit something or be free from an illness.

Including recommendations from idiots on a forum.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

there are two types of addiction

physical-where you body over a period of time needs it to operate normally

mental-where you like the feeling and chase it.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

The 2 people you know who "aren't addicted" are in fact addicted. They just take their meds as prescribed and don't over use or abuse their medication. If they were to suddenly stop taking their medication, they would find themselves going through hellacious withdrawal symptoms within a day of stopping. They wouldn't make it 3 days without taking the meds again because after 30 years the opiate receptors in their brain are dried out and their biochemistry will not be able to tolerate the lack of medicine without severe physiological symptoms that I can attest are agonizing. And that's only because my pain management doctor left town suddenly when his mom passed away and had nobody to cover his patients and it took me a couple days to get in w my GP to cover my scrips until the other guy got back in town.

So yes, the OP is in fact responsible if someone is so desperate to get off of something that they will buy an expensive piece of equipment on his extremely unqualified recommendation that it cures ALL addictions. Personally, I'm calling Bull # on the OP's own testimonial because while the OP says he stopped drinking alcohol, he never claimed he was an alcoholic and if he were an actual alcoholic, the DT's and other affects of alcohol withdrawal would have killed him without medical supervision. Telling people that this will save them and that it's The only real option because "Big Pharma" is going to get someone killed and if they don't have enough of a conscience to care about that then they disgust me. I stand by the statements I've made in this thread. The OP and his nonexistent and BS faux medical
Advice are dangerous.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

a reply to: peter vlar

But to clarify a couple of things,these devices do not as you state "normalize brain chemistry". They increase the amount of Serotonin your brain produces naturally. That sounds safe and benign right?

No. I never said a thing about Serotonin. Show me where I mentioned Serotonin?

Some believe Serotonin is actually a misery hormone and part of the problem. I mentioned Dopamine once.

I'm not making any money off this in any way. You can choose to use the devices or not. It's up to you. I couldn't care less. I'm not taking responsibility for you in any way.

Apparently your reading comprehension skills are about as good asmtour medical skills. I know you didn't mention Serotonin. Unlike you, I engaged in due diligence and looked up the specs on the machine and how it operates as well as what uses for it the FDA has approved. If you actually read anything I write prior to going on a childlike defensive rant, you would know that.

Let me say it slower for you and maybe you can follow along. If you still can't, I'll draw cute little pictures and post them so that you can actually understand how the device you're promoting actually works brainiac.

You claimed that it helps "normalize" brain chemistry.

This claim is a lie.

This means you haven't got a clue.

The machine affects Serotonin levels in the brain.

That is a fact supported by the FDA and the manufacturer.

People who are sensitive to Serotonin Syndrome can and DO have violent seizures when their brains are flooded with too much Serotonin.

This is a fact.

Those Seizures can lead to physical injury and brain damage.

That too is a fact.

Therefore my conclusion that you're a fool who is promoting a device that you Don't understand the basic mechanics of stands as you stated in your reply that you never mentioned Serotonin because that's what the
Machine does. Releases additional Serotonin in the persons brain when using it.

People like you are dangerous because an addict who wants to stop is in a very vulnerable position and god save you if someone finds out that the links you posted put money into your hands. That my friend isn't just unethical, it's a gross violation of ATS terms and conditions. Not that you care, you're in this for yourself and not to help anybody. It's pretty disgusting.

And for the record, I don't think you know what whining is. What is is NOT is letting others know how dangerous ou and your willfully ignorant advice is. You're the worst kind of troll on the internet. The one who profits from others despair and suffering while pretending to try to help them. You're nothing but a 21st century snake oil salesman hiding behind a keyboard like a coward.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone
They only take the drug when they are in serious pain. Simple. That might be once a month or once every several months. Thirty pills may last them several months. I know because I'm the one who fetches the prescriptions. Weather can affect the amount of pain from the mended bones and arthritis, meaning when major weather changes come through they might have to have a pain pill in order to sleep or after they do their therapy exercises. Not everyone who requires pain pills becomes addicted. Scientists don't know why....because each individual brain is an individual brain.

How is it that some people become addicted to alcohol and others don't? Some people can drink alcohol their entire life and never become addicted while others become addicted. Because each individual is different.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

As I explained above, they only take the drug when the pain is serious. Not daily or even weekly. There have been periods, mostly after surgery, (both have had multiple bone surgeries as a result of trauma) when they took the pills daily but as healing occurs they are able to cut back. No other drugs involved...no alcohol...no SSRI drugs. I don't know if alcohol intake or other mind-altering drugs has an impact on the level of addiction or not but some studies do seem to suggest that might be a factor in opoid addiction. Since neither of these guys drink any significant amounts of alcohol and don't take any of the psychoactive medications, I can't know whether that would affect them or not.

Every human is different. I've known people who had smoked for decades who put down the smokes and never went back, never had any withdrawal. I know at least two people who were heavy smokers who became "social" smokers, only an occasional smoke when they're among smokers. Why? I don't know---it's in the brain somehow and although it is a much studied organ and we have a lot of general knowledge about it, each brain is unique with its millions of connections. That's why some people have high tolerances for pain and others have very little tolerance. Because we are all individuals a good doc will acknowledge those differences and treat patients according to the reactions of individuals, not as a "protocol."

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar
Yes, as explained above, they only take the meds when the pain is serious. That is not daily---or even weekly---only when they are in severe pain. That might once a week or once a month, depending on weather and activity levels.

Please tell me how they've managed to hide this addiction for all these years when I'm the one fetching the prescriptions. What sort of addiction allows one to go for weeks without being supplied? Thirty pills last these guys for months.

You can believe whatever you like. You can go the BigPharma route and believe you are safe. You can become one of the herd and believe that treating symptoms rather than the cause of the pain is the best way to go. You are an adult and capable of making choices for yourself. But you can't make those choices for others. If others make the decision to go another route and use "alternative" therapies, it is their choice. Maybe they don't want to destroy their liver and kidneys with BigPharma's concoctions. Just maybe your doc's ignorance is slowly killing you by destroying your liver and kidneys ability to function ....because of what he never learned in school and because his only source of information is a BigPHarma rep with a degree in marketing.

As I said earlier, the Medical/Pharmaceutical Industry is glorious for some health issues but for some issues, the safer route is natural---or what the Industry has chosen to call "alternative." For example, photon therapy is FDA approved but rarely used by mainstream docs. Why? Because it is easier to take a pill than to spend 20 minutes with a device. The docs make more money when you need a prescription every 30 days and must see them in the office to get that script. Both the guys I'm talking about use "alternative" therapies for pain, both the photon therapy and paraffin bath therapies for their pain. They are lucky to have a doc whose mind isn't completely closed to "alternatives" and doesn't depend on people's pain to make a living. As the old saying goes, "When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail." With docs who only learn from BigPharma reps, everyone needs a pill.

edit on 28-8-2017 by diggindirt because: correction

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I know two people who have been on opiods for chronic pain for over 30 years and yet have never become addicted.

Then you say.

They only take the drug when they are in serious pain. Simple.

Then they are not dealing with chronic pain.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Pinched my sciatic nerve when I was younger.
Had a Dr prescribe me Oxys for the pain.
Well you can guess how fast that got out of hand.
Before long it was a $500 a day habit.

4 years, 2 months and 23 days sober for me.
Owe it all to Suboxone.
Now I'm trying to get off that.

I'm going to check this thing out for myself and see if it can get me off the subs.
Thanks OP!

Good luck getting off the Suboxone. I helped as I could, mostly just offered moral support, and watched a good friend come off that stuff after he had been taking it for maybe 5 years. It is extremely difficult, so hold on tight when you decide to quit.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

i cant believe this is still going on lol, at least some good advice seems ti have filtered in here.

subs are easy to get off of, as is any opiate as long as you go low and slow when dropping your dose. worked for methadone and methadone,for me, was harder to kick the heroin or pills/suboxone.

of you feel really crappy tell your doctor and they should help you. it won't be pain FREE, but pretty close.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cofactor
The place where I'm completely lost is where it say that the pulser use a 600uF capacitor discharging it's stored energy into a 2.5mH coil. Basically a parallel resonnant circuit. And it produce pulse rise time inferior to 1.8uS. Rise time from where to where?

600uF and 2.5mH resonnate at ~130Hz, that mean a full cycle of 2*Pi (360deg) is ~7.7ms, Pi/2 would be ~1.9ms ?!

Maybe the guy don't know the difference between mH and nH, still very suspicious.

That's for the magnetic pulser. Used for "the Beck Protocol". That's another device that basically charges a huge capacitor up and then releases it all at once through a coil. It induces a small current in anything with some water "enough to kill viruses and bacteria etc without hurting you". It's intended to get to areas in the body that the "blood electrifier doesn't" reach. These are all devices for the Beck protocol.

Meg Patterson the authority died on July 25, 2002. Bob Beck died just 2 days before July 23, 2002 ????????????
Meg Patterson called her device NET. Bob Beck though NET was superior and made his version.

For any cell growth to occur there must be an electrical field present. This is usually supplied by the organism but it can be supplemented by an external source such as NET/CES. (NET and CES are the same thing. NET is the name used for the system developed in the UK while in the US the name CES is used) This 'cell growth' includes the physical body. So at a basic level NET stimulates cell growth and that includes repair. It adds to all aspects of cell growth including re balancing the brain and body.

Meg Patterson forum

edit on 28-8-2017 by Doctor Smith because: added

edit on 28-8-2017 by Doctor Smith because: corrected link

(post by Doctor Smith removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

These NET devices will help get off the drug.

There's your definite statements again.

So what will you do if someone follows your definite advice and has some serious complications due to it? I'm guessing nothing as it's only your bank balance you're interested in.
edit on 2882017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

So what will you do if someone follows your definite advice and has some serious complications due to it? I'm guessing nothing as it's only your bank balance you're interested in.

And what will you do if you talk an addict out of getting off heroine with one of these NET boxes. Then they eventually die of Heroine overdose? I wonder how many have died because of you already? Well I believe in Karma and you're definitely going to pay ten fold. You should be ashamed but you just keep taking the money from the drug companies. I hope you're happy for now.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

And what will you do if you talk an addict out of getting off heroine with one of these NET boxes. Then they eventually die of Heroine overdose? I wonder how many have died because of you already? Well I believe in Karma and you're definitely going to pay ten fold. You should be ashamed but you just keep taking the money from the drug companies. I hope you're happy for now.

All of that and you haven't addressed what I said. Hell, you haven't addressed it each time I've brought it up.

Just goes to show, money before people. You should be ashamed.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Mate, we are talking about addiction - not when some one takes a pain killer when they have a head ache for example, your story then has no point here.

Of course they are not going to be addicted if they take a pill once for when pain comes and do not take them again right after, the whole point of this thread is addiction, not responsible use of a medication.

If you read my post, you would of seen where I said everyone reacts differently to withdrawal, from bone crunching pain to just being a little irritable.

I'm not quite sure why you even posted those stories, as they have no point for an example here - if you take a pill for a headache, the headache goes away and you don't take another...yes, they wont have an addiction, that is what you're saying, they take a pill for only the pain and don't continue taking when the pain is not there or too severe.

However if they are taking those pills several times a day for over a 1-2week period, of yes, addiction, and the longer the duration, the worse it becomes when you have to cease using them, even for legitimate use - if you're using them for both pain and to feel good...you're going to be in for a bad time.
edit on 28-8-2017 by MuonToGluon because: Added + Fixed

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join