It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ignored and Suppressed Opium and Other Substance Addiction Solution

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

I've had success with my alcoholism using Vivitrol. It's expensive, but some insurances cover it. I still struggle from time to time, but the medication definately keeps the monster at bay. No bad side effects, designed for opiates works for alcohol too.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: milano

Naltrexone is very successful it seems, still a bit expensive.

methadone is still the most successful treatment for opiates if you look at any real stats, or just real life. there is still polydrug use but there is much less diversion and other issues then suboxone.

it seems like that might be changing with the times, but i think drugs will sadly be with humans forever and there will always be people offering INSTANT cures.

The closest thing to instant cures would be DRT(methadone and suboxone) and the only reason i say cure is because it gets the person off the street drugs that day and if all goes well, forever. But DRT comes with HEAVY counselling and group therapy and regular staff contact so it will obviously be more successful, if not controversial.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

That's the thing though. There is no quick fix for any addiction. And the longer a person has used the substance they're trying to get off of, whether it's Heroin, prescriptions or alcohol, the longer and more intensive the therapy required. I know people who have spent months at an inpatient facility, another 18 months doing 3-5 days/week of outpatient services and then continued counseling for years and they still relapsed and eventually lost their battle. There's no magic $200 cure all box. I wish there was because I would be missing a lot less people right now. And anyone who tries to claim there's a simple, easy method to kick their addictions is a liar for their own benefit and profit.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

You've provided nothing to support or substantiate your magical product which at the end of the day is an overpriced TENS unit that I already own but paid a fraction of the cost of your special low priced version.

I have read OP linked study, basically it say the Transcranial Stimulation Work, but barely above placebo level and similar to relaxation and similar method.

Basically I believe you are right in saying someone with a grave abdiction need pro help and specially from people with practical experience in abdiction. But nonetheless this stimulation thing seem to help.

It is possible, like you said, OP is doing some creative marketting here, but you know, everyone is always searching for the magic pill, and exagerated positivism is frequent...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Cofactor

i never said that it wasn't a worthwhile treatment, or that it had an effect.

but it, as well as nothing is a silver bullet and should not be advertised as such.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
IMO 'The Ignored and Suppressed Solution' is to adress the cause of the pain. Pain medication simply mask the problem and often agravate it. The transcranial stimulation thing advertized here is nothing different (if it would work), it does not adress the fundamental problem.

Doctor and pharmacist are no more different than drug pusher making lot of money. Above that, everyone want a magic pill, and the sweet lies that doctors know what is best for them, that the world is run by marvelous peoples...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

i 100% agree with you.

I will use my own story as an example. I am a highly educated,self employed, my own money etc. i was on my bike on a august morning wearing dayglo coloring clothing. at a stop a older man said he couldn't see my 6'3 dayglow yellow self in the middle of the road and hit me at 35mph and ran my left hand over..twice...

still have allot of titanium in my hand, took me out of working for almost a year and 4 operations later by doctors i knew personally to be the best in my city(rochester ny) and the pain pills flowed like water, i had legitimate pain issues, pin sticking out all over the place, plates and screws

no one including myself wanted any harm for myself but before i knew it i had a serious opiate addiction.

the only thing that fixed it was a god send of a reality check and truly wanting to stop with the help of methadone. im now off all pain killers. but allot of people you would never expect are HEAVY drug users... and just because its a RX doesn't mean its legitimate drug use, all the time.

allot of times doctors are truly trying to alleviate their patients pain with the only tools they have for lasting permanent injuries that there is no other solutions to.

I live on a steady diet of advil and cigarettes for the pain, i have a vape but i hate using it.

i've lost friends and loved ones because of drugs, i was a drug user. but i'm also a professional.

so i take it very personal when people come around with CURE-ALL'S silver bullets. I know on many levels why this sadly isn't a reality.

iv tried all of them, other then spinal pain pumps or spinal electrical stimulation. but iv done operations, physical therapy, injections, nerve therapy etc

i wish there was a magic pill or operation or device that fixed issues that cause pain or removed addictions, there just isnt...yet.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Your story is a good exemple of why I stay far away from opioid painkiller. But to say that there is no solution in existence is untrue.

Sometimes there is solution for pain problem, this is a case by case investigation. I can only talk about peripheral neuropathy. The things I have learned is that it is futile to combat against the reactions of biological systems, our cells are too smart. The thing to do it to work with them. Trying to find mechanism that evolution have put in the system, then exploit it. I know it sound esotheric if not "peace and love", but to say that we are smarter than millions and millions year of life evolution, and brute force an organism with a simple pill is uter arrogance.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: Doctor Smith

The only shill is the one pushing a product and pretending to be a doctor while giving medical advice sans licensing. Being concerned for the well being of people who may be desperate enough to try your advice only to end up declaring bankruptcy when they wake up in the hospital after having a seizure because they can't afford the hospital or legal bills incurred from your snake oil scam.

You've provided nothing to support or substantiate your magical product which at the end of the day is an overpriced TENS unit that I already own but paid a fraction of the cost of your special low priced version. Enjoy your boating. On your way out, stop and get yourself a library card or enroll in some 101 level courses at the local Community College. Losing the willful ignorance and ditching the fake doctor routine are good steps, educating yourself a little is even better. But hey, feel free to insult people to distract from the fact that you can't back up a damned claim you're making in this thread despite the air of authority you attempt to paint it with. At least you know that you're incapable of supporting your claims and haven't embarrassed yourself with some ridiculous citations. Yet.

Not that I care the least bit if you believe me. And I never claimed to have a MD License. I wouldn't use a tens machine on your brain. Too high of a voltage and wrong frequencies.

The circuit is available somewhere on the net. You'll have to find it yourself cause I wouldn't waste another minute helping an ungrateful jerk such as yourself. Bob Beck made the circuit available for all for free. You don't have to buy anything but the materials.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

The circuit is available somewhere on the net. You'll have to find it yourself cause I wouldn't waste another minute helping an ungrateful jerk such as yourself. Bob Beck made the circuit available for all for free. You don't have to buy anything but the materials.

Maybe for me, cause I am a gratefull jerk. Anyway, I checked and the only circuits I could find was OpAmp square wave generator to produce colloidal silver. Maybe I could build something, I'm sure I have a breadboard avail somewhere here and tons of OpAmp to spare. Not to sound pompous but electrical engineering for me is like a walk in the park.

But to be frank, the Bob Beck website is not stimulating my rational part of the brain, even my illogical part is sounding the Quackery Detection System big time...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
As I continue reading about the subject, and the possibility of anyone trying to build such pulser. Be warned that there is a reason that standard like IEC601 exist for medical equipments. It is one thing to make it work, but it is another thing to ensure that all possible failure mode are addressed.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
On page 10 of build-your-own.pdf, it is reported that "Minimum Peak Current Discharge into Coil: 150 Amps RMS, ..."

It is new for me to express a peak current in RMS (Root Mean Square). Such level of misunderstanding in measurements make me very suspicious!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

i was mad before, but now anyone that searches this guy or his generator will find this page in a good search so he really shot himself in the foot.

in a sense he wrote his own buyer beware

that pleases me, lol.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cofactor

Maybe for me, cause I am a gratefull jerk. Anyway, I checked and the only circuits I could find was OpAmp square wave generator to produce colloidal silver. Maybe I could build something, I'm sure I have a breadboard avail somewhere here and tons of OpAmp to spare. Not to sound pompous but electrical engineering for me is like a walk in the park.

But to be frank, the Bob Beck website is not stimulating my rational part of the brain, even my illogical part is sounding the Quackery Detection System big time...

Here's a page with enough information about the circuit.

bob beck bio tuner circuit

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
unnecessary trolling
edit on 26-8-2017 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

seems legit

edit on 26-8-2017 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The place where I'm completely lost is where it say that the pulser use a 600uF capacitor discharging it's stored energy into a 2.5mH coil. Basically a parallel resonnant circuit. And it produce pulse rise time inferior to 1.8uS. Rise time from where to where?

600uF and 2.5mH resonnate at ~130Hz, that mean a full cycle of 2*Pi (360deg) is ~7.7ms, Pi/2 would be ~1.9ms ?!

Maybe the guy don't know the difference between mH and nH, still very suspicious.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm sorry OP, I'm trying to be as open minded as I can but the magnitude and number of errors in the build-your-own.pdf document is too great.

I'm not completely closing the case on Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, but the material provided by Bob Beck does not pass the test. Maybe the guy was full of good intentions, but his mean don't seem up to the required task.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

in a sense he wrote his own buyer beware

The Bob Beck website seem to draw a lot of inspiration from Rife Technology of bacteria and virus zapping and everything I know is that such effect do not exist. I have given extensive consideration at how such effects could be possible and my conclusion is that as like in any poorly controlled experiments, unplanned sides-effect are responsible. Like UV emission, local ozone creation and even thermal effect on the observed microscope slide.

I don't want to troll, but I believe there are very "special" effect of EM radiation on living cell, but none that can be used like described by Rife or Beck.

edit on 26-8-2017 by Cofactor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Checking in my computer, last time I investigated TMS was circa 2007 and I gattered some documents and article, but nothing structured. All serious stuff, at least I think...

There was an article in Technology Review March 2004 about a neurologist, Mark George at MUSC doing some experiment on severely depressed patients.

Also somes notes on a design based on a coil from Caltech. If anyone is interested I can share the links (if they still work).

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Checked the videos, the first give me the impression of couple of guys trying to figure out how a switching power supply work by using a scope. Then the inside look of the box, if they could zoom on the 16-pins chip, we may have seen a TL494. What seemed fishy is that one place of the PCB had some grinding, like to erase the part number and company name that made the PCB. They possibly used a board made for some other purpose to drive a coil. At least we see they use MOSFET as power commutation device (IRFZ44). Then watching how impressed they seem by the noise a magnet make when put in the varying frequency field...

The 2nd video was too much for me, cannot take anymore of this.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join