It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Signs Directive Banning Transgender Military Recruits

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well, at least we don't have to waste taxpayer money to pay for unnecessary medical treatments.

Rolling in some weekend news / changes to discuss.

www.cnn.com...

President Donald Trump on Friday directed the military not to move forward with an Obama-era plan that would have allowed transgender individuals to be recruited into the armed forces, following through on his intentions announced a month earlier to ban transgender people from serving.

The presidential memorandum also bans the Department of Defense from using its resources to provide medical treatment regimens for transgender individuals currently serving in the military.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Personally I feel for folks in the predicament, but I agree...the military doesnt accept flat feet for the same reasons...

I still cannot believe taxpayers bought mr. Mannings re assignment its absurd. Nobody paid for my sisters cancer treatments except her and her family.

You want to change your gender...pay for it yourself

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Many shall come here to this thread because 'triggered' and 'Trump' and 'transgenders'....

It's a war-machine, not a #in fashion parade.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Unnecessary to who? These are serving members of the US Miltary. He is hanging them out to dry, this is going to cause a lot of heartache and pain. These folks when called upon put their lives on the line just like any other military member. And like other military members they should be allowed what ever medical treatment they need.

First its the transgendered people, what next ban gays from the military?

Trump is clearly showing what kind of man he is. How he continues to keep his supporters hanging on is beyond me.

What Trump did was incredibly stupid and as he would say very very bad. He has his agenda and one day all his supporters will understand they are not a part of that agenda!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Why would anyone want to sign up for the Imperialist army

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

If this was truly about "saving money"...

He have just done this part...

The presidential memorandum also bans the Department of Defense from using its resources to provide medical treatment regimens for transgender individuals currently serving in the military.

But he didn't...

He flat out banned a certain demographic...

You can claim it's about money, but only the gullible would believe that!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

ban transgender people from serving.

It's good to see us backing away from progressive insanity.

Well done Mr. President.

Now if we can just get those shiftless bastards in congress to do their part

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
they should be allowed to serve, as they have been. he's obviously just trying to score points with the small faction of people who still support him for some mysterious reason. it's hateful and stupid that he would pull this #.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Jerseymilker

No. he's not talking about serving memebers. He's talking about not taking them in anymore.

If you come in transgender, then you can be rejected like someone with flat feet can.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Is banning people with flat feet also flat out banning a certain demographic?

Pun intended.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
they should be allowed to serve, as they have been. he's obviously just trying to score points with the small faction of people who still support him for some mysterious reason. it's hateful and stupid that he would pull this #.

Sorry but the military isn't about feelings.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I suspect that won't happen, or at least won't stick, unless we get a few more conservative justices on the supreme court.

But I'm keeping my fingers crossed

link   

originally posted by: Jerseymilker

Unnecessary to who? These are serving members of the US Miltary. He is hanging them out to dry, this is going to cause a lot of heartache and pain. These folks when called upon put their lives on the line just like any other military member. And like other military members they should be allowed what ever medical treatment they need.

Trump is clearly showing what kind of man he is. How he continues to keep his supporters hanging on is beyond me.

What Trump did was incredibly stupid and as he would say very very bad. He has his agenda and one day all his supporters will understand they are not a part of that agenda!

First the military had to take Gays....What's next?? transgenders???

link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: fiverx313

Sorry but the military isn't about feelings.

Not to mention, but it's a privilege to serve in the military, not a right!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Does this guy want to get re-elected? Why is he going out of this way to attack fellow Americans, he can't be that stupid.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught9966

Does this guy want to get re-elected? Why is he going out of this way to attack fellow Americans, he can't be that stupid.

Yeah, why isn't he pandering to all those people who didn't vote for him and never will under any circumstances?

Yeah I know . . . the polls!!!

Geeze . . . .Talk about slow learners . . . .

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

I suspect that won't happen, or at least won't stick, unless we get a few more conservative justices on the supreme court.

I seriously doubt they'll ban gays unless there are things about their service and things that happen that the public isn't privy to.

But with transgenders you are looking at a group of people whose treatment more or less involves an ongoing medication need just to start with. The military isn't so hard up that it needs to start taking people who are dependent on medications at the outset.
edit on 25-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: imwilliam

I seriously doubt they'll ban gays unless there are things about their service and things that happen that the public isn't privy to.

But with transgenders you are looking at a group of people whose treatment more or less involves an ongoing medication need just to start with. The military isn't so hard up that it needs to start taking people who are dependent on medications at the outset.

You are correct. Hell, you usually get medical'ed out if you somehow made it by in the first place.

www.military.com...

I would highly suggest that the uneducated read it.

edit on 25-8-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
www.newsweek.com...

LGBT supporters are fighting back against the Islamic State militant group (ISIS) on the Syrian battlefield after three years of persecution in which their community suffered stonings, executions from rooftops and a deadly shooting at an LGBT nightclub in Orlando, Florida.

A group of international volunteers fighting with Kurdish forces against ISIS in northern Syria have declared the first LGBT military unit created to battle the jihadi group. Its name? The Queer Insurrection and Liberation Army, or TQILA. The International Revolutionary People's Guerrilla Forces (IRPGF), an anarchist movement, announced the group's creation Monday.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well this is a crushing defeat to the rainbow coalition.

Thank you Mr. President.

For saving the American taxpayer some coin.

EVERY cent counts.

Spending is cumulative.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join