It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arpaio is Free

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
I guess old Joe gave up his rights too when he violated the law... apparently it's who you know... the law is just a formality when it's convenient

What the Hell do you babble on about?

What law did Joe break?

Come on ... spill it ...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
What law did Joe break?

He violated the 4th and 14th amendments to the United States constitution. He was told to stop violating those amendments and openly refused.

He even admitted to it in 2015! SHERIFF ARPAIO: SORRY I BROKE THE LAW

Why Joe Arpaio was found guilty

He was convicted for willfully disobeying the law after a court ordered him to stop singling out drivers based on ethnicity and detaining them without charges.

There's a whole slew of terrible things Joe Arpaio did on top of what he was convicted of.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

What race? Now Americans are a race? Why are you making it racial? Either you're a Native American, or you're a "Naturalized American", or not. If you're not Native or naturalized, and are foreign?..You don't belong here! That's the law! Its not rocket science! What does "race" have to do with it? Give me your address, I'll come trespass in your yard.. But I'll expect you to not "arrest me" or question my "reasons"...for being there. After all, I'm a "race"!... Do you even understand, how.. (how to say this?)... UnAmerican, you sound? We don't even "legally" have a common language or a national language. Again I ask you DG, what "race"?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

I think Joe Arpaio is the same age as George Soros. Which one has damaged America more?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Bravo.
The guy was not even allowed a jury and had a liberal judge act as God.
Made the pardon easy.

edit on 26/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

How can activist judges be an "alt right dog whistle" when conservatives have been railing against them for my entire life while the "alt right" concept has only been around for less than a decade? I think you're putting the cart a few miles ahead of the horse here. Further, ATS exists in part to question the government and their questionable motives, that includes the judicial branch. Was "activist judges" a leftist dog whistle when the left accused the SCOTUS of the same in Citizens United? No? Interesting...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

That's good news man, good news for the sake of freedom.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Good. Now if the White House can do something to stop these self righteous activist federal judges to prevent ridiculousness like this from happening in the future, they'll actually be making some positive strides.

Prevent what Sheriffs like Nazi Joe who think they are above the law?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blender5L

Pardoning a racist who willing broke the law is good news for the sake of freedom?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

There's a whole slew of terrible things Joe Arpaio did on top of what he was convicted of.

As long as those things weren't against white people then there is no problem.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I think Joe Arpaio is the same age as George Soros. Which one has damaged America more?

one helped kick communists out of hungary and the other just looked to arrest minorities in america, you decide.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Dumb laws were meant to be broken.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Dear American Progressives,

Please remind me why liberals mad about Arapaio following American law..

Thanks in advance for your answers...

****disclaimer:
If you are triggered by Trumps pardon then I hope you have access to a safe space where your delicate feelings can be expressed and where puppies, cereal, and pajamas abound....

-Chris

I wish I could give you more than one star.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234

originally posted by: Snarl
What law did Joe break?

He violated the 4th and 14th amendments to the United States constitution. He was told to stop violating those amendments and openly refused.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !!

That's not what happened. That's fake news.

A mere matter of opinion. I thought he was doing the country a favor by arresting 30,000 illegal immigrants during his tenure.

Maybe that's what the problem was: Illegal Immigrants. If we can't arrest 'em ... maybe we need to come up with methods that will make them not want to cross the border illegally ever again.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

As long as those things weren't against white people then there is no problem.

He had a whole bunch of white meth-heads in his jail. He treated them just like the rest of the criminals.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
For a guy who doesn't support racists, bigots and criminals ... President Trump certainly does keep shooting himself in the foot by going out of his way supporting them.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Blender5L

Pardoning a racist who willing broke the law is good news for the sake of freedom?

I didn't know "illegal immigrant" was a race. I guess me and my hispanic/basque/russian/asian wife are racist too.
edit on 8 26 2017 by underpass61 because: sp

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

So he arrested people illegally who were here illegally. And that makes him racist.

I say illegals are racist.

They think they are better than Americans, and don't think they have to obey the law like we do.

What they did to Arpaio is proof of what a farce it is, and shows the complete lack of consistency of EQUAL enforcement of the laws.

The Trump pardon was him just beating the left at their own game.
edit on 26-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It's not about who Arpaio arrested. But you all know that, you're just spinning the facts so it makes things more palatable. What he did was racially profile Hispanics to find people who were breaking the law. In the former United States that was called racial profiling and it is illegal. Period. You can't (until now apparently) detain someone based upon their race without probable cause. Arpaio was doing that and was told by the Justice System for which he allegedly works to stop. That he was breaking the law. He willfully continued and was convicted of Contempt. Not for arresting people. For Contempt. But none of that matters anymore... Let me ask you, if Arpaio hadn't been a huge Trump cheerleader would the pardon have happened? Does this mean every LEO that racially profiles is off-the-hook?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Where was all the whining when beloved Barack Obama pardoned / commuted Chelsea manning? For committing treason and espionage by copying classified material and then leaking it? And what did joe Arpaio do? Arresting people for breaking then law by be being in his state illegally.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join