It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arpaio is Free

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: windword

Nixon was named an unindicted co-conspirator by the Grand Jury empaneled by the special prosecutor. He wasn't indicted due to legal gray area surrounding the prosecution of a sitting president. When all this came to light Articles of Impeachment were begun, and Nixon resigned. Ford pardoned him not long after. There was no question that Nixon would have been indicted by a grand jury after his resignation had he not been pardoned. The pardon effectively ended the investigation into any crimes Nixon may have committed

I won't argue this. The so called "pardon" sent a message that pursuing Nixon's crimes would be a waste of time. It would have hurt the nation at a time when it needed to move forward.

No, no...just no!!!...it didn't send a message at all...it EFFECTIVELY ENDED any prosecution. It meant that Nixon COULDN'T be prosecuted for any crimes committed against the United States.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Excellent move. This needed to happen! The man upheld the law, and was attacked for doing so.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

This was a very controversial pardon, that many said violated the constitution and Ford's presidential oath. Even Ford grappled with the constutionality of the pardon. The only reason Nixon's pardon was not contested, was that everyone agreed that the nation needed to move forward.

constitutioncenter.org...
www.propublica.org...

edit on 25-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
teehee...

did it when the hurricane is all the talk

well played....

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

This was a very controversial pardon, that many said violated the constitution and Ford's presidential oath. Even Ford grappled with the constutionality of the pardon. The only reason Nixon's pardon was not contested, was that everyone agreed that the nation needed to move forward.

constitutioncenter.org...
www.propublica.org...

You have been schooled on this twice and failed the course both times. Now you are not allowed to retake the course.

So open the door and get back in your clown car and roll on.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
teehee...

did it when the hurricane is all the talk

well played....

I agree. President Trump's Transgender military ban was officially implemented today too, I think.

He should do as much as he can before the Swamp and Sewer creatures return to Washington.

edit on 8/25/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

originally posted by: Trueman
I've heard that like 10 minutes ago but I was waiting for a confirmation. Well done Mr. President !

I'm really curious - why do you think this is such a good thing? Simply because you are a Trump supporter? The guy was found guilty by our justice system - if he's been wronged, he needs to go through the appeals process just like anyone else. Trump did this solely to placate his base, which seems to be his sole motivation as President of the Trump Universe. Oh, and it's nice to know this was his priority during a major natural disaster - well done Mr. President!

Really? So, you expect hi to do what, exactly, about a hurricane currently in the Gulf? Blow it away? Issue an executive order disallowing it to make landfall? What?

Epic fail there.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

It may have been a real pardon if Nixon would have admitted guilt, but because he constantly refused to admit any wrong doing, he effectively rejected his worthless pardon. (Burdick v. United States)

But, I'm done with this side track conversation Joe Arpaio is guilty and his pardon doesn't erase his guilt, which is where this Nixon discussion originated in the first place. He was convicted of a federal crime. He's a criminal and will always be a criminal.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
a reply to: AboveBoard

I'll be sure to tell Pres Trump of your concurrence, I'm certain that he will be relieved.

Great!

I'm sure he will care what I think just as much as he cares for your own two cents.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

A SCOTUS ruling from about 100 years ago stated that the acceptance of a pardon is a tacit admission of guilt

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I don't understand the outrage. Where was all this Liberal outrage when Bill Clinton( with Hillary playing a meaty role) pardoned Marc Rich? That has to be the most heinous pardon of all time.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Sheriff Joe is not a good man.

WTF do you mean by that? You remember that I backed way off of you, when you were personally offended by me, in another topic on these boards.

How can you say this person is not good? He did what was right in the minds of the majority of the voting public in his district. His job was to establish Law & Order in his community and he did exactly that (in the best ways he could devise). He put people in pink underwear and forced them to pay back what they owed to society for their infractions of the law.

My comment was not intended to be personal. My opinion is that he violated people's rights, too many died "mysteriously" under his care, and there are many reports of this.

I leave him to God. If he is innocent of all this, then so be it. If he is not, then Justice will be served.

Snarl, I appreciate you. I have a different viewpoint on this man. That is all. I am sorry you feel angry towards me for calling this as I see it.

I do apologize though. I shouldn't have mentioned anything about people applauding. That was wrong of me. I hope you will accept my apology.
edit on 25-8-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

My opinion is that he violated people's rights, too many died "mysteriously" under his care, and there are many reports of this.

It's my opinion that when people up and decided they were going to violate the laws of this land ... that they opted to give up those rights. When 'harsh' is the life you are forced to live (because of bad personal choices) the outcome of death is not a remote possibility. Some people cannot accept their fate and death becomes their reality. If death offends you, or causes you some measure of discomfort, best to look away. That's a choice. One always chooses.

I hope you will accept my apology.

Because you ask ... I will. Don't fall into debt.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

We all Have our opinions. I respect you have yours.
I'm thinking I won't share mine here anymore. Not many would notice or care, I'm sure, or perhaps they would feel less irritated and not know why.

Goodnight. God bless.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I'm thinking I won't share mine here anymore.

Try making a discussion of it ... rather than a statement.

Everybody on these boards loves you. Doesn't matter what side they're on.

Be fair ... get treated fair.

Who loves ya, baby??

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

My opinion is that he violated people's rights, too many died "mysteriously" under his care, and there are many reports of this.

It's my opinion that when people up and decided they were going to violate the laws of this land ... that they opted to give up those rights. When 'harsh' is the life you are forced to live (because of bad personal choices) the outcome of death is not a remote possibility. Some people cannot accept their fate and death becomes their reality. If death offends you, or causes you some measure of discomfort, best to look away. That's a choice. One always chooses.

I hope you will accept my apology.

Because you ask ... I will. Don't fall into debt.

I guess old Joe gave up his rights too when he violated the law... apparently it's who you know... the law is just a formality when it's convenient

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Good. Screw that. He shouldnt have had to be pardoned by the president.

If he would have been charged with shooting someone or excessive force he would have gotten off sooner.

Judges have too much power with little oversight. This needs to be examined and changed.

edit on 8 25 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Thank you, snarl. I am
Too tired to
Be posting.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join