It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arpaio is Free

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Nixon wasn't convicted of anything and needed no pardon. He was ceremoniously pardoned.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: introvert
All we can do is drink and pound keyboards until the cognitive dissonance is less painful.

I refuse to pound my keyboard. It did nothing to me.

My liver? She is a bitch and deserves what she gets.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

He was ceremoniously pardoned.

My wife does the same to me if I wash the dishes and do the laundry. Very special pardon.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
So...I guess the best way to prove your not a racist is to PARDON a guy who arrested people illegally based on their RACE?

Talk about throwing a bone to his 34% support base.

So he arrested people illegally who were here illegally. And that makes him racist. Alrighty then.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: redtic

I've heard that like 10 minutes ago but I was waiting for a confirmation. Well done Mr. President !

I'm really curious - why do you think this is such a good thing? Simply because you are a Trump supporter? The guy was found guilty by our justice system - if he's been wronged, he needs to go through the appeals process just like anyone else. Trump did this solely to placate his base, which seems to be his sole motivation as President of the Trump Universe. Oh, and it's nice to know this was his priority during a major natural disaster - well done Mr. President!

It's because I don't support illegal immigration. I don't know why you don't understand it.

That's a pretty weak answer. I'm pretty sure the only ones that are pro-illegal immigration are illegal immigrants. The guy broke the law, is a convicted criminal and Trump gave him a base-rallying pardon just because... well, because he's Trump. Sigh.

Illegals broke the law.

Oh, ok - I see where you're going. You're trying to draw some equivalency between Arpaio's conviction and the fact that 11 million immigrants also broke the law. So you think that if I think Arpaio should be in jail, so should those 11 million, right? So that justifies Trump's pardon? That's some twisted logic, man.

Nope. I don't want those 11 million in jail. Not all of them are bad people. Many of them are hard workers who deserve an opportunity. Sadly, a great part of them not even want to learn English.

Great, so you'll admit there's no equivalency between Arpaio's criminal conviction from a US court and undocumented immigrants. So why again do you think this is such a good thing?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

They are Mexican citizens. They have not broken any Mexican law. They have broken American law. They are not illegal in Mexico. They are illegal in America.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Wrong

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I've heard that like 10 minutes ago but I was waiting for a confirmation. Well done Mr. President !

I'm really curious - why do you think this is such a good thing? Simply because you are a Trump supporter? The guy was found guilty by our justice system - if he's been wronged, he needs to go through the appeals process just like anyone else. Trump did this solely to placate his base, which seems to be his sole motivation as President of the Trump Universe. Oh, and it's nice to know this was his priority during a major natural disaster - well done Mr. President!

It's because I don't support illegal immigration. I don't know why you don't understand it.

That's a pretty weak answer. I'm pretty sure the only ones that are pro-illegal immigration are illegal immigrants. The guy broke the law, is a convicted criminal and Trump gave him a base-rallying pardon just because... well, because he's Trump. Sigh.

Illegals broke the law.

Oh, ok - I see where you're going. You're trying to draw some equivalency between Arpaio's conviction and the fact that 11 million immigrants also broke the law. So you think that if I think Arpaio should be in jail, so should those 11 million, right? So that justifies Trump's pardon? That's some twisted logic, man.

Nope. I don't want those 11 million in jail. Not all of them are bad people. Many of them are hard workers who deserve an opportunity. Sadly, a great part of them not even want to learn English.

Great, so you'll admit there's no equivalency between Arpaio's criminal conviction from a US court and undocumented immigrants. So why again do you think this is such a good thing?

I already told you why.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: introvert
All we can do is drink and pound keyboards until the cognitive dissonance is less painful.

I'll that to drink.

I mean drink to that.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

what he did was to instruct his deputies to violate Constitutional rights. You know, that Constitution that you lot claim to care so much about when you're blabbering about the 2A but are often, otherwise ignorant of?

That pretty much sums it it up.

With an obvious addition: hypocrisy.

It's ok when your side does it, but we'll crucify you if the other side does it.

I'm going to watch Beauty and the Beast of 1984 meets Planet of the Apes. Wake me when the Brave New Kim Jong Uh launches another firecracker towards Oceania.
edit on 25-8-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I could use some mexican mushrooms and half an ounce to get that job done.

You guys really ought to break the law a tad more! It's cognitive dissonance, claim to be criminally insane due to all of that and you're fine. Yeah ok... maybe not.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Dear American Progressives,

Please remind me why liberals mad about Arapaio following American law..

Thanks in advance for your answers...

****disclaimer:
If you are triggered by Trumps pardon then I hope you have access to a safe space where your delicate feelings can be expressed and where puppies, cereal, and pajamas abound....

-Chris
I did not know those safe spaces existed...

Good for President Trump.

He has been in constant communication, his concern and advocating of safety for those afflicted from this CAT4 hurricane. The country is still running as well of course so I see nothing wrong with his announcing it.

You can relax peeps, no water off your backs.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

You guys really ought to break the law a tad more!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Looks like Trump just saved the taxpayers a few million and Joe's side a few million in attorney fees that would have been expended should this have gone to appeals.

There may yet be more revelations to follow about the judge. Dennis Montgomery is still out there with the surveillance files. At some point someone is going to become interested and then heads from both parties may roll, including this judge if memory serves me.

My best hope is for Trump to get the Federal judge positions filled with people who actually believe the Constitution for the United States is a contract.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Nixon wasn't convicted of anything and needed no pardon. He was ceremoniously pardoned.

You are wrong about the pardon. There was nothing ceremonial about it. Pres Ford issued a full and unconditional pardon to him. I can't find this written but I suspect that the reason was to prevent any future investigation into A past president.

The US didn't need that dog and pony show.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
woo. screw my next jury duty day!

I'll just get a pardon

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
He was charged with racial profiling. It had nothing to do with inmate dying,etc but I see who the lies are spewed here.

Racial profiling? Well, profiling is the only way to find those committing crimes. If you are profiled, and you are doing nothing wrong, you go home. If not, you are arrested for your crimes.

How is this criminal?

He was convicted by a non-jury. A judge decided. A left appointed judge no less.

Sorry, anyone who wants to keep illegals out is a hero in my book.
edit on Augpm31pmf0000002017-08-25T21:35:32-05:000932 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Apparently it did. Nixon was not convicted of any crime. There was no need for a pardon other than the "dog and pony show" that Johnson thought the nation needed to move on.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

a reply to: matafuchs

Criminals are criminals.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio is a criminal.

Now it looks like he is not!

Wrong. A pardon can only be bestowed on a person who has been declared guilty by a Judge in a court of law. It doesn't erase the stain of guilt. It can only pardon an individual from punishment.

It is you who is wrong.

Google is your friend

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

a reply to: whywhynot

Apparently it did. Nixon was not convicted of any crime. There was no need for a pardon other than the "dog and pony show" that Johnson thought the nation needed to move on.

Yes we agree that Nixon was not charged much less convicted of a crime.

However, there was a need for a pardon and it was given.

Do some reading before your fingers make you look foolish.

And, what did LBJ have to do with it? He was out of office 5 yrs when Ford pardoned Nixon. Google!
edit on 25-8-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join