It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arpaio is Free

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Doesn't really matter what you think.

Been made pretty clear by the supreme court that BASIC rights such as freedom of speech and due process apply to all people within the US borders.
edit on 27-8-2017 by Phonixfromtheashes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phonixfromtheashes

Except for people who have committed crime. Criminals get jail. End of.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phonixfromtheashes

Doesn't really matter what you think.

Been made pretty clear by the supreme court that BASIC rights such as freedom of speech and due process apply to all people within the US borders.

Unless we class them as Spies under the NDAA.

And I didnt say they didnt have basic human rights. THEY DONT HAVE all the rights of a US citizen though do they? And Im going to ask trump team to ask him about that decision and see if it can be revisited.
They have th eright to due process. right back over the border with no trial since they are not US citizens. That is the perscribed due process.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

We have a due process. Its called deportation. SImple to enforce if you ask for Papers and ID. if they have no back across the border.

Theres no need for a judge to do anything. Thats thanks to pro illegal lobbyist.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Speaking of the Fourteenth Amendment:

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

You know good and well the framers were not talking about illegals who broke th elaw to get here. They didnt even think of anyone but americans with that. remember a person back then was white and american.

Immigration law is federal jurisdiction and as such that section can be argued to be in admissable when dealing with illegals who cross over breaking the nations border. That part specifically states a STATE not the whole US government.

Still Illegals are to be deported. theres no need to have a hearing when the punishment is clearly marked.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

You don't in understand. The Constitution doesn't give you rights, it restricts the government from infringing on your "god" given rights.

A police officer can't say after the fact, it was okay to violate that individual's Constitutional rights, because after I violated their Constitutional rights, I found out that they didn't have papers on them. The ends don't justify the means.

edit on 28-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

You don't in understand. The Constitution doesn't give you rights, it restricts the government from infringing on your "god" given rights.

A police officer can't say after the fact, it was okay to violate that individual's Constitutional rights, because after I violated their Constitutional rights, I found out that they didn't have papers on them. The ends don't justify the means.

if the rights are not in the constitution then why are we acting like it grants illegals or anyone else the rights enumerated in it? such as voting.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Consider this may be just the thing to boost Trump's effectiveness. Consider that Trump could issue carte-blanche authorization for supporters to do whatever they wanted (lynch folks who are different, burn/shootup churches, etc) and it would all be waived away via presidential pardon (and all entirely legal). He may have just stumbled across the one tool at his disposal to deliver everything he ever wanted.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The Constitution doesn't "grant" rights.....(Remember, "We hold these truths to be self evident...."). The US Constitution protects rights, "God given" self evident rights" from government oppression.

Our Constitution outlines the exceptions in which those rights can be violated by the government. The 13th Amendment for example, allows the government to imprison and "enslave" (forced labor) criminals. Only citizens can vote, serve on juries and hold public office, according to the Constitution, for another example.

edit on 28-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

You know good and well the framers were not talking about illegals who broke th elaw to get here.

Many of the framers were from Virginia, and would have been familiar with convict immigrant labor.

Between 1700 and 1775, approximately 52,200 convicts sailed for the colonies, more than 20,000 of them to Virginia. Most of these convicts landed and were settled along the Potomac and Rappahannock rivers. Although many were unskilled and thus put to work in agriculture, particularly tobacco production, others with skills were sold to tradesmen, shipbuilders, and iron manufacturers, and for other similar occupations. Convict laborers could be purchased for a lower price than indentured white or enslaved African laborers, and because they already existed outside society's rules, they could be more easily exploited. Nevertheless, Virginia tried repeatedly to pass laws to prevent England from sending convicts, though those laws were overturned by the Crown. At the beginning of the American Revolution (1775–1783), colonial ports virtually ceased accepting convict ships. By 1776, when the last boatload of convicts arrived on the James River, many of the convicts had served their seven-to-fourteen-year terms and returned to Great Britain, while others had become honest citizens and blended into Virginia's colonial economy.
Convict Labo During the Colonial Period

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

If Trump pardons a murderer he'd be impeached by House and convicted by Senate within a week.
edit on 28-8-2017 by tannerc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Trueman

Good. Now if the White House can do something to stop these self righteous activist federal judges

You mean Conservative Justice G. Murray Snow appointed by Pres. Bush?

to prevent ridiculousness like this

You mean the blatant disregard for the law and the courts by a so called Sherriff?

they'll actually be making some positive strides.

You mean strides toward crony dictatorship? "Law and Order" only applies to brown people..Not friends of POTUS?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus
"Law and Order" only applies to brown people..Not friends of POTUS?

Law & Order should apply equally to people of all colors...white, black, brown...

edit on 8/28/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

except for maybe:

the Bill of Rights amendments add to the Constitution specific guarantees of personal freedoms and rights

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: CryHavoc

Not a big deal when a president supports police brutality? Do you support police brutality and illegal conduct of police?

As I said, the President can pardon anyone he wants. It's not commentary about what I believe or don't believe. If you don't like what the President does, vote him out after 4 years. I didn't vote for the guy, so it sure isn't my fault if he screws things up. But pardoning people is part of the job description.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

except for maybe:

the Bill of Rights amendments add to the Constitution specific guarantees of personal freedoms and rights

Thank you. i coudnt find that link as easy as you did. lol.

(post by dresses removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

The "Bill of Rights" does not bestow rights. It prohibits the government from infringing on "god given" rights, some of which are enumerated.

If you think it does, please show me where, in the "Bill of Rights", god given rights are bestowed on the people by their government.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

God said that while in rome abide by the laws of the romans correct? BY law we have rights that are specifically enumerated such as the right to free speech. The right to a trial. My thats two rights right there. A amendment can REMOVE those rights So OBVIOUSLY those are not God given rights there are they?

As such we can remove the rights given to illegals legally since they are breaking our laws.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

First of all, the founders weren't relying on the rights granted or infringed upon by the god of the Bible. The founders specifically referred to the "Laws of Nature and of Nature's God".

Secondly, "Due Process" is a delineation of how the government is allowed to infringe on an individual's inalienable rights to "life, liberty and pursuit of happiness".

Immigration laws are delineations of how the government is allowed to infringe on the "god given" rights of immigrants.

And finally, since you're referring to biblical law, chew on this:
“When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God” Exodus 23:9

"'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen. Ezekiel 16:49

edit on 29-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join