It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arpaio is Free

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Mexicans are not a race. There are white Mexicans. There are Aztec Mexicans. There are black Mexicans. Mexicans cannot be racially profiled. What Arpaio did was right. Mexicans think they won the America Mexico war and California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico belongs to them. They are wrong.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

He didn't break any laws. He violated a Judges cease and desist order. And his pissed the Judge off by having his wife investigated by a private eye.

And Trump pardoned him.

This makes me laff and laff and laff and laff.

Please refill my with your tears.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tannerc

Profiling brown people is racist. Arpaio was wrong and he broke the law.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

He didn't break any laws.

He violated the constitution, that he vowed to uphold, and violating the civil rights of citizens and the human rights of his detainees. That's illegal, against the law, no matter who you are.

edit on 26-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

He didn't break any laws.

He violated the constitution, violating the civil rights of citizens and the human rights of his detainees. That's illegal, against the law, no matter who you are.

What were the specific incident to which you are referring? What were the specific charges?

There just aren't any.

He didn't violate anyone's rights, either. He treated criminals like they deserve to be treated. Probably lowered the rates of recidivism too.

I'm gonna miss ol' Joe. Hope he has a nice retirement on Easy Street.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

No, it is not. Profiling is how you find criminals. I do not remember anything about profiling in the Constitution. Want to point it out?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

There is 1 race. The human race. Those who think otherwise are racist and guilty of division among people and causing strife in society.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

No such thing as brown people. Do you think brown eyes? Do you mean brown hair? Do you mean brown skin?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

There are several incidents.

1. "Sheriff Joe Arpaio's Phoenix-based department repeatedly arrested Latinos illegally, abused them in the county jails and failed to investigate hundreds of sexual assaults, the Justice Department charged after a three-year civil rights investigation...
The investigation found "432 cases of sexual assault and child molestation, often involving Latinos, that were not properly investigated over a three-year period." Additionally, "one Latino was intentionally hit by a patrol car and dragged, with instructions for other deputies to 'leave him there ... A Latino motorist was incarcerated for 13 days for not using his turn signal."

2. "Maricopa County Sheriff's officials misspent $99.5 million in restricted jail funds over the last eight years ..."

3. "A federal judge has sided with inmates' claims that conditions in Maricopa County jails continue to violate their constitutional rights."

4. "The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office failed to adequately investigate more than 400 sex-crime cases, including dozens in El Mirage, over a two-year period

5. "A federal investigation found that deputies had used stun guns on prisoners already strapped into a 'restraint chair.' The family of one man who died after being forced into the restraint chair was awarded more than six million dollars as the result of a suit... The family of another man killed in the restraint chair got $8.25 million in a pre-trial settlement. (This deal was reached after the discovery of a surveillance video that showed fourteen guards beating, shocking, and suffocating the prisoner, and after the sheriff's office was accused of discarding evidence, including the crushed larynx of the deceased.)

That was a highly abridged account of Sheriff Arpaio’s misdeeds.
www.theatlantic.com...

That's just a few of things that brought Arpaio to court. There are a lot more!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

14th Amendment.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

It didn't say, "US Citizens" it said, "Latinos."

He probably shouldn't have arrested them. Beating them to death on the spot would have been a more effective deterrent than making 30,000 arrests. I see that the arrests could become a source of entertainment, but MCSO didn't want to share that with me.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phonixfromtheashes

It's seriously comforting for me, to know that there are people out there who think like you do.
I can't agree enough! 👍👏
There is absolutely no reason for anyone to die in jail, unless, as Phonixfromtheashes stated, the death resulted from natural causes, or if they were legally executed.
As an inmate, you have rights, and when you're in jail, they are responsible for your health, safely, etc.
And if you can't agree with that, then I really don't know what to say.
Sad times we're living in these days. 🖓
edit on 02 17 2017 by Mjab6910 because: (no reason given)

edit on 02 17 2017 by Mjab6910 because: Typo

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

What if it said "blacks"? Would you question their citizenship?

...Arpaio’s officers were harassing, detaining, and beating citizens and non-citizens alike...
static.currentaffairs.org...

ACLU Sues Maricopa County Sheriff's Office For Illegal Arrest And Detention Of U.S. Citizen And Legal Resident

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
He has no remorse and none was required by Trump. He will pay for his crimes against humanity in the spiritual realm. I hope he asks for forgiveness before that.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

What if it said "black"? Would you question their citizenship?

...Arpaio’s officers were harassing, detaining, and beating citizens and non-citizens alike...
static.currentaffairs.org...

ACLU Sues Maricopa County Sheriff's Office For Illegal Arrest And Detention Of U.S. Citizen And Legal Resident

Blah-Blah Blah-Blah Blah-Blah ... more fake news. You can't believe anything you read in the papers these days.

And as for your ACLU Link:

More information about the ACLU Immigrants' Rights Project is online at

Kind'a says it all when you realize the omitted the word Illegal, isn't it. They're just looking for another settlement.

Hahahahahahahaha!!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Do you believe in the millions upon million of the dollars the Maricopa Copa County tax payers had to pay out in wrongful death and wrongful arrest settlements?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Liquesence

How about the drug dealers and terrorists this schmuck pardoned?

en.wikipedia.org...

Go whine somewhere else.

You're doing the but but Obama dance, too?

Jesus, guys....

I agree. It was obviously Bush's fault.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Do you believe in the millions upon million of the dollars the Maricopa Copa County tax payers had to pay out in wrongful death and wrongful arrest settlements?

Those same tax payers re elected him 6 times.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I support arapio being free
But I would like to see trump get Julian Assange off the hook

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

But that can be said for almost anyone

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>