It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Already Critcizing Trump Over Hurricane Harvey

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
If I were in the danger area, I would tune in to a local news station. Sorry, but I wouldn't be tuning in to CNN, FOX or NBC.
I wouldn't trust the Weather Channel, they just overhype these events to gain viewership.

You wouldn't have to. Everybody seems to have forgotten the Emergency Broadcast System. It over rides all television and radio channels.

Does anybody remember that bitch of a governor for Louisiana who was rewarded for NOT requesting Federal assistance when it was offered before Katrina hit?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

IN their rush to trample the First Amendment rights of outlets they don't like (not only CNN but also MSNBC, the Post, the Times, etc.) by calling for their incarceration if not destruction (like all good adherents of tyranny) they overlook the obvious conundrums of their arguments.

Or, perhaps I should say "arguments."

Free speech and free press is only good as long as their narrative is fronted for (and as long as Mr. Trump, the Glorious Leader, is properly praised.)

It's impossible to discuss this insanity without using partisan terms. I view it as a logical puzzle in countering dishonesty.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

The EBS ... you mean that unconstitutional, tyrannical Federal program that Rick Perry and his ilk wanted to scrap wholesale?

Kind of like the National Weather Service, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, etc.

Of course, he couldn't remember their names ... but he knew they was bad.

/eyeroll

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

It's impossible to discuss this insanity without using partisan terms. I view it as a logical puzzle in countering dishonesty.

Sure you can as long as you're not entrenched in the silly partisan game. There are pundits on both sides I could willingly crucify(I watch Life of Brian last night).
It's like that Stealer's Wheel tune, "Clowns to the left of me jokers to the right...."

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I do play that game from time to time Intrepid, I'm the first to admit. I try, always to maintain the distance that let's me put "quotation marks" around the terms. I take an extreme stance, sometimes, and focus on evidence, in order to make people think at least.

If they get mad at me and want to prove me wrong with facts ... I think I've done something a little bit better than those who seem to believe there are really "two sides."

Your point is valid.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Of course, one can try to discuss it without being partisan, but it appears to be an exercise in futility.

Dishonesty. That is a key word when it comes to discussion. Without it, there is no purpose.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Early bird gets the worm. Bush was blamed for Katrina. Obama was blamed for everything. This is more of the same just getting a head start.

Didn't you get the memo? Nothing was Obama's fault. He didn't even know most of it was happening until he saw it on the news.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is good leadership.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah I guess I missed that.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Yeah...either that or trump is trying to convince the masses that everything they report about him is fake. Have you even listened to the man?
He wants to make sure that when the big story finally breaks that no one will believe it.
I learned a while ago now that when trump says believe me it's a clue that I should run the other way as fast as I can. When he says trust me or believe me my first instinct is DON'T.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Anyone who falls for this melodramatic nonsense needs a hearty high five. In the face. With a brick. But something tells me we'd need a whole lot of bricks

I'm assuming your reply is an example of what you mean by melodrama? Good example.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Well let's hope he left enough people in those departments to handle the situation then huh?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Irishhaf

Well let's hope he left enough people in those departments to handle the situation then huh?

Yeah.
And let's hope that any left overs won't decide to sabotage anything God forbid.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: underpass61

They have a good point. In cases such as natural disasters, people rely on the media to update them with accurate information, alerts, instructions on what to do in certain circumstances and where to find disaster shelters.

It seems reasonable that there may be some Fox News watching Trump supporters in Texas that actually believe the media is nothing but fake news and will refuse to listen to the media's relevant info.

Oh well.

Or they will seek out a media outlet they trust for their information. CNN is nobody's only option, it's absurd to insinuate that people will shut off their tv's and sit in the dark while disaster looms just because they don't rightfully trust CNN.

I did not insinuate any such thing.

Apparently the point I was trying to discuss has gone over many heads.

Yep, my bad. I forgot you're way too smart for the room. A wary and skeptical public is undoubtedly going to disbelieve every possible source of information thereby putting themselves in danger. Or they will believe only one source they do trust (the wrong one!) in still be in danger.
Or, they will do what they always should do. Pull information from multiple outlets, cross reference the facts and make their best plans. FWIW I don't think Fake News CNN will report the actual weather conditions inaccurately, as far as disaster planning I don't think anyone will be misinformed. It will be their spin before, during, and after.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Not a huge fan of Mark, but this bit about CNN and the hurricane they refuse to cover had me ROTFL.

My favorite LuLz was when Brian Williams is saying "we are not fake news".

BWAHAHAHAHA

edit on 8 26 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Waiting for news conference with governor of Texas.

Wait for the headlines: [sarc]

Actual quote:
"governor thanks Trump for efficiency and timely help"

CNN headline:
"governor of Texas blames Trump for being effective" [/sacr]

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

He is quite the asshole, but ya gotta love his enthusiasm. And he does have a point.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

They have a good point. In cases such as natural disasters, people rely on the media to update them with accurate information, alerts, instructions on what to do in certain circumstances and where to find disaster shelters.

It seems reasonable that there may be some Fox News watching Trump supporters in Texas that actually believe the media is nothing but fake news and will refuse to listen to the media's relevant info.

Oh well.

Or they will seek out a media outlet they trust for their information. CNN is nobody's only option, it's absurd to insinuate that people will shut off their tv's and sit in the dark while disaster looms just because they don't rightfully trust CNN.

I did not insinuate any such thing.

Apparently the point I was trying to discuss has gone over many heads.

Because the point you're trying to make is absurd and not based on common sense but rather fueled by your obvious partisan and hatred towards Trump, contrary to your claims.

You'd have a point if the average IQ was 30, but fortunately it's not. People are stupid sure, but not to the point where your concern is valid. CNN being fake news when it comes to politics is a totally different thing. You're trying to push a point that nobody other than yourself is concerned about, for reasons that are obvious to everyone but yourself it seems. Or is it?

edit on 26-8-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Scores of Texans will die from this hurricane, The ones who choose to "ride it out" picked their own fate.
For the ones who could not evacuate because they had no car or family, then it falls on the city and state to bus these poor folks out when the mandatory evacuation was issued. IF they could not handle that own their own then they should have asked for federal help.
I put any unnecessary deaths on the local officials and not the federal government. There will always be morons who think they can ride it out and die. It is sad for the ones who cant leave and need help to leave and do not get offered assistant when they so desperately needed it.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Because the point you're trying to make is absurd and not based on common sense but rather fueled by your obvious partisan and hatred towards Trump, contrary to your claims.

I do not hate Trump. Contrary to your claims. I dislike his personality and I don't think he is an effective leader, but hate is too strong of a word for my liking.

You'd have a point if the average IQ was 30, but fortunately it's not. People are stupid sure, but not to the point where your concern is valid.

Yes, people are stupid. Stupid enough that they believe Trump's chants of fake news, will blindly believe real fake news when it confirms their bias and will dismiss anything CNN says, even if it's true.

My general point was lost on most of you because it did not fit your desire to have a partisan douchery thread.

If you are interested in actually having a decent conversation, go back and look at my back and forth with Blaine on the first page. I've asked some questions I think are worthy of pondering.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTATi live in eastern nc and have lived through many a hurricane and never has msm ever gave us any info they to busy crying about it hitting dc

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join