It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Already Critcizing Trump Over Hurricane Harvey

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Bad week all the way around for Democrats and the Left.

All kinds of things exposed.

All Trump's fault.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Let's put this in perspective. This was an off-the-cuff comment from a reporter that has been a primary target of Trump's ridiculous "fake news" claims, so it is far from shocking that he makes a dig back at the president. In the grand scheme of this tragedy that is unfolding, this is a proverbial nothing-burger. And let's be honest - there is actually some validity to this. Trump loves to proclaim much of the "liberal" media, which frankly is the media that a large majority looks to, as fake news, so now is the time to put your big boy pants on and let these news outlets perform their function of letting people know the stark reality of this situation.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

aren't you being rather arrogant and elitist with that assumption? maybe they noticed long ago but it didn't clash with what people really wanted or the known reality till recently with the advent of social media...

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
They have a good point. In cases such as natural disasters, people rely on the media to update them with accurate information, alerts, instructions on what to do in certain circumstances and where to find disaster shelters.

It seems reasonable that there may be some Fox News watching Trump supporters in Texas that actually believe the media is nothing but fake news and will refuse to listen to the media's relevant info.

Oh well.

Unless they're watching Fox's hurricane coverage. Nice try. I urge you to seek professional help.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Related and breaking:

U.S. PRESIDENT TRUMP SIGNS DISASTER PROCLAMATION AS HURRICANE HARVEY NEARS LANDFALL IN TEXAS

www.cnbc.com...

And ABC, CBS, and NBC broadcast TV is showing their regular night shows right now !!

No reports at all !!

And they have the most viewers right now too !!

10x more viewers than cable !!!

Trump's fault.

edit on Aug-25-2017 by xuenchen because: appalling

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

Brainwashing Inc.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Related and breaking:

U.S. PRESIDENT TRUMP SIGNS DISASTER PROCLAMATION AS HURRICANE HARVEY NEARS LANDFALL IN TEXAS

www.cnbc.com...

And ABC, CBS, and NBC broadcast TV is showing their regular night shows right now !!

No reports at all !!

And they have the most viewers right now too !!

10x more viewers than cable !!!

Trump's fault.

I think that is due to the weather channel...... they have found their little niche in the world and have played it nicely. Who would have ever thought a few years ago that a channel dedicated to entirely weather would make a via 24 hours a days channel?

They are always on top of the latest development in any ongoing, or pre-coming storm alerts... sure they blow a few of their predictions, but does that make it fake news as suggested before? Weather can change at a moments notice and its hard to predict with precise detail.

But I can promise you this, whether it be a tornado alert, snow storm alert, blizzard alert or whatever, first I am going to www.intellicast.com and then to the weather channel.

Haven't ever heard or seen them put out fake tornado/hurricane warnings.

edit on R222017-08-26T00:22:16-05:00k228Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R232017-08-26T00:23:27-05:00k238Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R232017-08-26T00:23:59-05:00k238Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

They're so full of sh!t...do they forget that there are national weather reporting agencies that have nothing to do with their stupid "news" where people can get streaming information on any weather event in the country?

Anyone who falls for this melodramatic nonsense needs a hearty high five. In the face. With a brick. But something tells me we'd need a whole lot of bricks.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

They have a good point. In cases such as natural disasters, people rely on the media to update them with accurate information, alerts, instructions on what to do in certain circumstances and where to find disaster shelters.

It seems reasonable that there may be some Fox News watching Trump supporters in Texas that actually believe the media is nothing but fake news and will refuse to listen to the media's relevant info.

Oh well.

For the past year I've listened to Trump and his fan club do nothing but bash all science and all news as fake, unless it comes from Breitbart or Fox news or Infowars. So if all the media are in cahoots with the evil scientists and are all fake news, then why should they believe the same weather guy, a fusion of science and media, when he tells them a big fat hurricane is coming their way?

By all means, feel free to ignore those fake ass national weather service people, and their fake ass storm tracking and storm warnings. Hurricanes are fake. They are a conspiracy cooked up by NASA to take your guns so you can't protect yourself from transgender Easter Bunnies.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It's CrapNN who cares, really? Anyone expect less? The fact that this thread garnered more attention than the actual storm update threads is alarming.

Meanwhile, anymore updates on the hurricane? Hoping members from the area are okay, even emergency services had no contact outside of stations.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

trumps retards have to defend a president going on another holiday when a national emergency is gonna hit.
the mentally ill and easily gullible have been told to use terms like crapnn to defend their leader, its pretty funny seeing you all struggle to grasp reality.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

This is why I refer to them as "CNN & the retards" - because they are actually #in retards.

Just keep looking in the mirror, forget about the TV.

Clearly my post triggered you......because you identify as part of the CNN crowd and therefore took offence to my comment directed at CNN.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: growler
a reply to: dreamingawake

trumps retards have to defend a president going on another holiday when a national emergency is gonna hit.
the mentally ill and easily gullible have been told to use terms like crapnn to defend their leader, its pretty funny seeing you all struggle to grasp reality.

If trump already signed the disaster proclamation, what exactly is he supposed to do?

At this point everything is in the hands of the states and FEMA, he will not even be allowed into the area till the situation is more stable.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Early bird gets the worm. Bush was blamed for Katrina. Obama was blamed for everything. This is more of the same just getting a head start.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
CNN is so full of themselves. Nobody in their cognitive right mind would tune into them for this type of situation.

If there is a weather emergency in my area, you better believe I'm watching my local news channel and or listening to a weather radio.

CNN would be too busy with some new ridiculous Trump hit piece.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

No. The people need to learn to think for themselves,

That's rich compared to your original worry that the poor public might mot be smart enough to understand which news to believe because Trump said mean things about them. This is why engaging in conversation with you is pointless anymore. You don't see your hate through the rage.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well, regardless of the absurdity here about CNN, I'm sure the great independent State of Texas will handle their own tragedy and won't require financial support from the rest of the US, right? They're not going to want to take money out of our pockets to deal with their own troubles, are they?

Bootstraps and all that?

Texas doesn't need the US and all that? I'm sure Governor Abbot has everything well in hand, right?

And goodness knows, President Trump won't be misusing the Federal Treasury to help another Sovereign State ... right?

Uh ... no. As it turns out, neither Trump nor Texas have the courage of their convictions.

As Hurricane Harvey barrels toward Texas, the president’s homeland security adviser said Friday the Trump administration is readying the “firepower of the federal government” ahead of landfall late Friday or early Saturday.

Fox News

Sad to see such hypocrisy in action, isn't it?

(Now, as opposed to many Texans and rabid Republicans in the past, I happen to AGREE with emergency Federal aid and assistance, as well as what President Trump has done. The Federal Government primarily exists for times like these, when we should all be pulling together to help other AMERICANS regardless of what State they live in. That's the power of our UNION. I hope Trump manages to avoid making this all about him and actually sends the folks in Texas, Louisiana and any other Americans in harms way all the help we can muster as a nation.

But I want this remembered when the inevitable crap starts when all this is through about "personal responsibility" and "independent Sovereign States.")

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

No. The people need to learn to think for themselves,

That's rich compared to your original worry that the poor public might mot be smart enough to understand which news to believe because Trump said mean things about them.

That is why I said people need to think for themselves. Many people do not do so and is why I asked if people would believe what they were told, in regards to this particular topic, if it were a news outlet that has been deemed fake news.

Look at how many people regurgitate the propaganda they have been fed. "Fake news...fake news".

So it does seem reasonable to question whether or not those fools would believe any news outlet that has been deemed fake, in this situation.

This is why engaging in conversation with you is pointless anymore. You don't see your hate through the rage.

Hate? Rage?

Please.

I've tried to have a decent conversation on the issue going beyond the typical partisan bickering. You, on the other hand, have made personal attacks and can't address the issue.

It seems you are coming from a position of hate and rage.

It's no wonder I question people's intelligence...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Oh well.

Or they will seek out a media outlet they trust for their information. CNN is nobody's only option, it's absurd to insinuate that people will shut off their tv's and sit in the dark while disaster looms just because they don't rightfully trust CNN.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Oh well.

Or they will seek out a media outlet they trust for their information. CNN is nobody's only option, it's absurd to insinuate that people will shut off their tv's and sit in the dark while disaster looms just because they don't rightfully trust CNN.

I did not insinuate any such thing.

Apparently the point I was trying to discuss has gone over many heads.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join