It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Already Critcizing Trump Over Hurricane Harvey

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: introvert

You make fair points and it is a danger, but it's not unique to Trump in any way. Look at where hate from both sides has taken us in the last few years, with innocent people being called racists, communists or Nazi's for purely political reasons. The violence happening is a result of that, right down to the cops who have been shot. A lot of people have been hurt by it and entire communities disrupted by it.

Press, press and more BS master mind group mental screw preformed via squawk box on a daily basis.

I see something worse. The country relaxing back in a mutual abeyance as reality mode......stop the political tug of war for the sake of some hight BS whiel real issues are never hashed out.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong,but I do not think that FEMA and other government agencies do not need Trumps stamp of approval to get the ball rolling.There will be plenty of time after this event to judge how well the government handled this.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

that fact that you can't see your own hyper partisan rhetoric is amusing in itself.
Keep doing you, and I'll keep my simple mind laughing. Slag away sweetie.

At least one of our fine members/mods have been willing to engage in the deeper discussion I was trying to address. We may not agree, but at least he and I are willing to engage.

Perhaps you would be so willing to engage in such a discussion at a future date, if you can get past the "Cnn is bad cuz I was told so" nonsense.

One can only hope.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

CNN is bad....I told you so but if you have to wait around for me to tell you......

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'll say this - CNN can always opt to not cover any of this WH news dump.

Seriously. Just cover the storm . The rest is not urgent or life threatening and will still be political fodder on Monday.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: Blaine91555

I don't know man. Its looked like for a long time that we get what they put down on the slab and blamed if we don't like it. I for one am tired of all the adages. American have believed for some time and with good reason that they are simply patronized.

Sound bites can certainly be destructive and yes I agree we are being patronized. The Internet, 24/7 news networks and social media have given politically inspired memes far more power, but I'm not so sure this has not been going on all along. Maybe it being in peoples faces and so obvious will in the end be a good thing. Hard to say.

In the bad old days, we had the three broadcast networks and most took what was reported as gospel. I think we are just able to see below the surface now.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You know ... it is a far different thing to distrust what the press tells you when it comes to politics then it is to distrust what they tell you when it comes to other news. For the most part, when they choose to report that other news, you usually have no reason to lie about it although, as we see, they do find reasons to blame it on political figures.

Quoted for truth.

CNN and the leftist Media is now so rabid Anti-Trump, that it looks to put politically partisan spin even on weather stories....BEFORE they even happen.
THIS story is a prime illustration.

EVERYTHING has now become political and partisan to the Press.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not sure what your posted image has to do with your post.

If I am not mistaken, certain outlets printed magazines in advance of both candidates winning in order to be quick to the stands the next day.

It was not about partisanship. It was about being quick to the news stands.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

CNN is bad....I told you so but if you have to wait around for me to tell you......

They are all bad, yet good as well.

Too many people rely on others to tell them what sources are 100% reliable and consider it to be gospel.

I don't need you to tell me what sources are good or fake. I can find out on my own.

Too many people believe Trump when he says CNN and others are fake. They did not find out on their own.

That's my point.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I'm not defending Trump here, but do you think that maybe the media needed a shaking up? I think in the end it will be a good thing if it gets them back to separating news and opinion and reporting without the bias. To excuse the opinion in a news wrapper by all the major sources is a bit naive also.

We have now had two very divisive, very partisan, very ideological Presidents in a row here. It's not all on one side.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I can't help myself, KJ. When I see your Louise avatar and think hurricane....

I think Lobsterfest.

edit on 8/25/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I'll say this - CNN can always opt to not cover any of this WH news dump.

Seriously. Just cover the storm . The rest is not urgent or life threatening and will still be political fodder on Monday.

Applause!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Related and breaking:

U.S. PRESIDENT TRUMP SIGNS DISASTER PROCLAMATION AS HURRICANE HARVEY NEARS LANDFALL IN TEXAS

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

CNN Warns Trump’s ‘Fake News’ Talk Could Put Hurricane Harvey Victims in Danger

Right people!

Because Americans don't have access to the NOAA and the weather channel or pretty much every other news outlet.

Or hell even looking out their windows.

INGSOC FAIL.

or the weatherman/men../women....Is this the Dumb and Dumber forum, or is it intended by a flowsnake to riggert' a response. Ahh! God help these children.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I'm not defending Trump here, but do you think that maybe the media needed a shaking up?

No. The people need to learn to think for themselves, despite what is thrown at them.

That's the problem. Trump does not shake-up the media in order to make them change their ways. He enforces biases and relies on one side to fit his narrative and condemns those that do not.

Again, which boils everything down back to my original point.

Are people willing to receive the truths they hear or they only interested in listening to the perceived truths they thing they hear from outlets approved by elected officials?

We have now had two very divisive, very partisan, very ideological Presidents in a row here. It's not all on one side.

Sorry, but I can't let you do that.

Obama and Trump are not comparable. This is a different kind of monster.

edit on 25-8-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: IAMTAT

This is why I refer to them as "CNN & the retards" - because they are actually #in retards.

Just keep looking in the mirror, forget about the TV.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Then this is in part about your own bias and somewhat partisan?

I admit to not liking Trump, but I'm not blind to what others have done when criticizing Trump. It's not the Trump voters who were labeling everyone racist for the last decade and Obama's silence and failure to call out his own supporters was as significant as Trumps big mouth. Fair is fair is it not?

I have no problem pointing out both or comparing Acosta to Hannity on the other side. Partisan garbage is partisan garbage. People not being able to see or admit that we have had three very bad Presidents in a row, no matter their Party is partisan blindness.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Do you know what I think has just as much potential to endanger people as Trump calling news fake?

The press's ability to spin any storm into the disaster to end all disasters. Has anyone noticed this? TWC names their winter storms like hurricanes now. They want people to take them seriously. We endured the hype to end all hype over an ice event this past winter that turned out to be practically nothing, but every time it looks like we might get bad weather, they go into four-alarm disaster and horror mode as if people are too stupid to figure out how to handle the weather in their area.

Ok, the Atlanta ice storm thing might make it seem like they have a point ... but for most of us, we get it.

If anything is going to get me to ignore a weather warning, it's my local weather gal who stood there telling parents their children should wear bicycle helmets because there might be hail (kid you all not). And TWC isn't much better on this one.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I absolutely hate the ever living hell out of American politics.

It's the clueless leading the hopeless.

I'd actually argue that it's the corrupt leading the clueless, but perhaps you are more optimistic than I am.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Who cares. You had a better thread with the mystical bowl with inscriptions, remember??

That was a fun one.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join