It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Already Critcizing Trump Over Hurricane Harvey

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Oh, you do make me smile. I have to thank you for that. I was reminded of that today at a funeral how important it is to make those around you happy. The OBVIOUS hyperbole that you use is no doubt key to your mirth and charm.

Simple minds are easily amused.

Now would you like to address the deeper issue I raised?

I'm just guessing here, but I suspect those who live in Hurricane prone areas have the GOD given sense to understand which live broadcast of the events taking place is real, and which is manufactured.

What if an elected leader tells you what sources are believable, and those GOD given senses don't come in to play? Does that affect their decision?

Oh how the mighty have fallen. I used to cringe at the challenge of debating you due to your intelligence and skills, but lately, your partisan blinders seem to have grown into your brain and damaged the synapse in a horrible way. I pray for your speedy recovery. This is too easy, make it stop. Please.

Mighty? You think too much of me. Or you did.

Regardless, I implore you to look in to the deeper aspects that I have tried to inquire about.

Or don't.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
a reply to: IAMTAT

I really think that was arrogant. Does he really think people effected by the storm are going to tune in to CNN rather than their local station? You would think CNN has a monopoly on weather news.

Honestly, I think Acosta was just doing what CNN does on a regular basis...Take ANY story and find some way--ANY way-- to use it to smear Trump.

Even if you have to twist your logic into a pretzel to make it happen.
CNN really has no shame left.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Anyone depending on any cable news network instead of sources like NOAA or the Weather Channel are idiots when it comes to major weather problems.

Traffic problems? What the hell were you doing in traffic in the first place, especially when it comes to things like hurricanes with days in advanced to be ready?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Yes, you are right, but it is still arrogant. Thinking much to highly of themselves.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Yes, you are right, but it is still arrogant. Thinking much to highly of themselves.

They're also still hopping mad at being called on their fake Bull# news.

This reminds me of CNN's "Don't read Wikileaks...it's against the law...We'll tell you all you need to know about them".
They think all their viewers are brain dead.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Oh yea and thats what sells so well.....the total absurd! Whos got the balls to postulate the most fully absurd spin, definition, angle ect.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Trump doesn't sign the Paris Accords, pardons Joe Arpaio and a Cat 4 hurricane hits the US.

Coincidence?

I THNK NOT!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Trump is obviously trolling Harvey because he refuses to cede the limelight to even a Cat 4 Hurricane.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

OK I'll step away from the insane garbage spewed by people like Acosta and Hannity.

CNN has made some fairly serious errors lately and Fox News is often wrong, but will things like that cause harm to people? I suppose it could, but in this case I don't see it. I think this is the wrong story to base that discussion on.

I'd be wrong to discount it entirely though. I think a better case could be made by pointing out that the venom spewed by many if not most politicians on both sides now is a danger. As is this competition between news sources for market share by having the most outlandish content made up of opinions, not news. Politicians use whatever vehicle is available to them to get a message out and the news sources decide what's in the national conversation.

A politician can be voted out of office, and the news outlets have ratings to control them. In other words we get what we want and what we deserve. Anything that comes of it is our fault.

edit on 8/25/2017 by Blaine91555 because: typing too fast

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
If I were in the danger area, I would tune in to a local news station. Sorry, but I wouldn't be tuning in to CNN, FOX or NBC.
I wouldn't trust the Weather Channel, they just overhype these events to gain viewership.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

CNN has made some fairly serious errors lately and Fox News is often wrong, but will pointing things like that out cause harm to people? I suppose it could, but in this case I don't see it. I think this is the wrong story to base that discussion on.

That's a very valid point. Acosta could have brought-up this issue in another way. But does that invalidate the importance or validity of the overall premise?

I'd be wrong to discount it entirely though. I think a better case could be made by pointing out that the venom spewed by many if not most politicians on both sides now is a danger. As is this competition between news sources for market share by having the most outlandish content made up of opinions, not news. Politicians use whatever vehicle is available to them to get a message out and the news sources decide what's in the national conversation.

Again, most valid.

My concern is that people rely on the opinions and venom those politicians spew, and potentially dismiss the validity of the information they receive based on the opinion of a politician, instead of the veracity of the outlet's reporting.

Look at this thread. People easily dismiss CNN without looking at the underlying premise, which is worthy of discussion.

We may not like the package Acosta presented it in, but it's still worth talking about.

A politician can be voted out of office, and the news outlets have ratings to control them. In other words we get what we want and what we deserve. Anything that comes of it is our fault.

True. But reality is that people are easily swayed by the words of leaders. Even if those outlets are presenting factual info, they may be dismissed because the leaders we believe in say they are fake.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Nothing against Trump; but he has the ability to get the ball rolling for Federal Emergency Response which would come with his declaration of a National Emergency. His current pause on the issue is hurting his own voters. I'm not expecting total devastation like they are saying; but they are definitely going to need food/water and the like when the power goes out.

Good luck citizens of Texas!!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
It seems reasonable that there may be some Fox News watching Trump supporters in Texas that actually believe the media is nothing but fake news and will refuse to listen to the media's relevant info.

Do they not have windows or the ability to go outside in those parts of Texas? A hurricane is kinda hard to miss.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
It would appear Acosta has slipped a cog. He may need some time off to regain his composure and deal with his issues.

Apparently he is not getting called on in WH briefings,so he has his panties in a knot.

truepundit.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

You make fair points and it is a danger, but it's not unique to Trump in any way. Look at where hate from both sides has taken us in the last few years, with innocent people being called racists, communists or Nazi's for purely political reasons. The violence happening is a result of that, right down to the cops who have been shot. A lot of people have been hurt by it and entire communities disrupted by it.

I did get a chuckle out of finding out CNN did not have the hurricane as a top story though. Forgive me for that.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

that fact that you can't see your own hyper partisan rhetoric is amusing in itself.
Keep doing you, and I'll keep my simple mind laughing. Slag away sweetie.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I don't know man. Its looked like for a long time that we get what they put down on the slab and blamed if we don't like it. I for one am tired of all the adages. American have believed for some time and with good reason that they are simply patronized.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
They have a good point. In cases such as natural disasters, people rely on the media to update them with accurate information, alerts, instructions on what to do in certain circumstances and where to find disaster shelters.

It seems reasonable that there may be some Fox News watching Trump supporters in Texas that actually believe the media is nothing but fake news and will refuse to listen to the media's relevant info.

Oh well.

You know ... it is a far different thing to distrust what the press tells you when it comes to politics then it is to distrust what they tell you when it comes to other news. For the most part, when they choose to report that other news, you usually have no reason to lie about it although, as we see, they do find reasons to blame it on political figures.

As time goes on, there is less and less that isn't political in some way.

Now, even our natural disasters are political it seems.

link   

Bummer. Thought they would actually criticise him with something 'slightly' more solid...

AS HURRICANE HARVEY APPROACHES, TRUMP APPOINTS DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF WHO FAILED TO PREPARE FOR KATRINA

But yeah... nope. It's just CNN playing with condescending remarks to pimp up their game, missing another chance to come up with a decent report.
Oh man, I'm not really ready to hit reply. Lotta Trumpets will agree with me for no good resaon at all. Maybe now, I'll give it a try.

link   

You make fair points and it is a danger, but it's not unique to Trump in any way.

Look at where hate from both sides has taken us in the last few years, with innocent people being called racists, communists or Nazi's for purely political reasons. The violence happening is a result of that, right down to the cops who have been shot. A lot of people have been hurt by it and entire communities disrupted by it.

I think it is unique to Trump. You have a president that has made it a part of his agenda to go after the media in ways that no other president has and has specifically called-out specific outlets in order to paint them as being fake news.

I did get a chuckle out of finding out CNN did not have the hurricane as a top story though. Forgive me for that

True. It was not the biggest headline on the site, according to the shots you posted. It was just to the right of the main headline.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join