It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Already Critcizing Trump Over Hurricane Harvey

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
As they should. He has taken the opportunity of a catastrophic national disaster to both pardon Sheriff Joe Arpaio and fire controversial advisor Sebastian Gorka.

He's making Rahm Emmanuel proud, "Never let a crisis go to waste..."

Let's just hope that, come Monday, thousands of dead Texans aren't paying the toll for this chaotic news dump that shows a colossal lack of focus, responsibility and empathy.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

not really... we certainly rely on local news, radio and internet but not cnn or any of the bigger media channels when hurricanes come, we don't got time for nonsense and cnn or fox news are the last place to look for on the minute updates.

as for people who ignore the warnings that is how it always is and has nothing to do with whatever the media or president says, it's more to do with the weather being milder and damage being less than expected every time, or just people not wanting to leave pets, or their boat or just to protect their homes and just others who throw parties...

they have no point whatsoever and need to quit trying to inflame problems for the south before they start angering us, we won't put up with it forever.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Blaine91555

Do you actually believe that? Or is that just something you felt you had to say because you don't like Trump?

My like or dislike of Trump has nothing to do with it. I think it is a valid question.

If someone of authority continually tells you that a source of information is fake and cannot be trusted, will people trust those sources of information in times of emergency and disaster, or will they dismiss them and only heed warnings when it comes from a source that elected official finds trustworthy?

Will those that fall for the fake news narrative only turn on Fox News, since that is the media choice of Trump, to get their disaster-related information?

Let's try to keep the partisanship out of this and discuss it logically.

Most people rely on local and regional sources for this kind of information. Federal grants are administered by the states and the money is then allocated to local emergency management agencies. Providing critical information to the public is usually through these local sources as it is more effective. The situation can be different in different local areas.

This story is silly and reflects on the national media having an inflated sense of importance.

link   

My like or dislike of Trump has nothing to do with it. I think it is a valid question.

One would literally have an IQ in the 30s to believe this snip coming out of CNN.

link   
Cnn also says vacant positions in admin could be devastating.

+2 more 
link   

They have a good point. In cases such as natural disasters, people rely on the media to update them with accurate information, alerts, instructions on what to do in certain circumstances and where to find disaster shelters.

It seems reasonable that there may be some Fox News watching Trump supporters in Texas that actually believe the media is nothing but fake news and will refuse to listen to the media's relevant info.

Oh well.

That has to be the most ignorant thing I have ever seen you post.

People who live in hurricane areas know the evacuation routes, they know to stock up on supplies, and they get their information from the weather stations on TV prior to the storms arrival and then the the radio because the first thing to go is the electricity. Kinda hard to watch TV without electricity.

link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: IAMTAT

Well by god you know a thread had potential when a super mod steps in early. And props for not sending this to the trash bin to be done with it. LOL

When we post, we post as just another member with our own opinions. Me stepping in just means I felt like posting and enjoying a little debate.

I can be Banned, Posting Banned or actioned like anyone else here and held to the same standard. My opinions are not those of ATS.

More important is your opinion on the topic?

link   
a reply to: neo96

I was actually mostly noting how scandalous Kanye's statement was, back then. Now we hear that same sentiment about Trump, all day, every day, in the media -- and (honestly) no one really thinks anything profound about it.

There's not much power left behind that accusation. The last 12 years neutered it.

ETA: I mean, Kanye is going to have to come up with something a lot more original, this time around.

edit on 8/25/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

This story is silly and reflects on the national media having an inflated sense of importance.

That could very well be true. My questions are trying to delve in to a bit of a deeper contextual conversation that appears to be going over heads.

Perhaps it's too late or too many beers have been enjoyed.

Again, oh well.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

One would literally have an IQ in the 30s to believe this snip coming out of CNN.

Even when it comes to relevant info on disaster and emergency info?

So you would be one of the people that would dismiss their info simply because you think they are fake news.

That's been the point I've been trying to discuss and it appears you may have confirmed why it was a valid question to ask.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

CNN is a joke. And a not-funny one.

More of a drooling "I have syphilis" and my brain has rotted- type of joke.

But it's a free country and if people want to get their news from the equivalent of a diseased colon, then they have that right.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Even when it comes to relevant info on disaster and emergency info?

Theres' the NOAA,weatherchannel,phone apps, and LOCAL.

The only thing CNN is doing is being political hacks.

Fear mongering.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

They have a good point. In cases such as natural disasters, people rely on the media to update them with accurate information, alerts, instructions on what to do in certain circumstances and where to find disaster shelters.

It seems reasonable that there may be some Fox News watching Trump supporters in Texas that actually believe the media is nothing but fake news and will refuse to listen to the media's relevant info.

Oh well.

That has to be the most ignorant thing I have ever seen you post.

People who live in hurricane areas know the evacuation routes, they know to stock up on supplies, and they get their information from the weather stations on TV prior to the storms arrival and then the the radio because the first thing to go is the electricity. Kinda hard to watch TV without electricity.

All due respect, but it appears you may have missed the overall point.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Well, I suppose it's possible but highly unlikely. I'd hope the average person is not that brain dead.

Why anyone would would go this direction about a weather event is beyond me and one thing I know is that Acosta's intent was purely partisan. It's hard to come up with another reason for this absurd theory.

Anyone claiming harm due to it after the fact, I'd say there is a 99.9999999999999999% chance they would be lying, for you guessed it, partisan reasons. It's just plain old fashioned silly.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The number one resource for hurricane events is RADIO.

Something independent upon power.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Well, I suppose it's possible but highly unlikely. I'd hope the average person is not that brain dead.

I'd hope people were not dumb enough to fall for a fake news narrative as well, but we know how that went.

Why anyone would would go this direction about a weather event is beyond me and one thing I know is that Acosta's intent was purely partisan. It's hard to come up with another reason for this absurd theory.

It's beyond me as well, but I think it opens up a valid line of questions.

At what point do people reject valid, important info simply because an elected leader deemed them to be fake news?

Anyone claiming harm due to it after the fact, I'd say there is a 99.9999999999999999% chance they would be lying, for you guessed it, partisan reasons. It's just plain old fashioned silly.

Ok. Let's agree.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Amen. He is better than that.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I'm not interested in your hyper-partisan nonsense.

Oh, you do make me smile. I have to thank you for that. I was reminded of that today at a funeral how important it is to make those around you happy. The OBVIOUS hyperbole that you use is no doubt key to your mirth and charm.

I'm just guessing here, but I suspect those who live in Hurricane prone areas have the GOD given sense to understand which live broadcast of the events taking place is real, and which is manufactured.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. I used to cringe at the challenge of debating you due to your intelligence and skills, but lately, your partisan blinders seem to have grown into your brain and damaged the synapse in a horrible way. I pray for your speedy recovery. This is too easy, make it stop. Please.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I really think that was arrogant. Does he really think people effected by the storm are going to tune in to CNN rather than their local station? You would think CNN has a monopoly on weather news.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Out of curiosity I looked at the major news sources top headlines. I only have basic cable and can't watch any of them now. Got sick of the whole thing a couple of weeks ago.

CNN

Fox News

MSNBC

Looks like CNN is the only one that does not have the storm as the top headline.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join