It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Already Critcizing Trump Over Hurricane Harvey

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Never let a good crisis go to waste...even if it hasn't happened yet.

At least, that sure is CNN's approach regarding President Trump.
As Harvey is currently bearing down on Texas, I was wondering how CNN (and the rest of the Liberal press) will eventually twist it to use as propaganda against Trump (You know they will).

Fully expecting they'll be ready after it hits..definitely taking the low-hanging fruit of interviewing select victims saying things such as: "Trump's not there for us"..."Trump abandoned us"..."Trump isn't helping me because I'm (insert ethnicity/religion/gender here)" ...imagine my surprise when a cursory search turned up THIS CNN criticism even before Harvey makes landfall.

CNN Warns Trump’s ‘Fake News’ Talk Could Put Hurricane Harvey Victims in Danger

Even if the Trump administration is 'Johnny-on-the-spot' with assistance and relief...we all know it will never be good enough in the eyes of the alt-left MSM.
It's obvious that CNN has already, preemptively, set into place a novel mechanism of attack to directly blame any incident of death and destruction on President Trump.

Should any deaths and devastation occur (which is likely)...CNN has already etched and laid down the template to blame Trump because...yes...Trump called CNN "Fake News".

Jim Acosta expressed hope that President Trump will tone down his attacks on the media this weekend.

For the better part of two years at this point, journalists have been warning that Donald Trump’s cries of “fake news” could have catastrophic results when real world disaster strikes. Hurricane Harvey could be the first test of this theory.

That’s what CNN reporter and favorite Trump punching bag Jim Acosta seemed to imply on Friday afternoon when he reminded viewers that Americans in Texas and Louisiana would be relying on the media for information this weekend as that storm makes landfall. If residents are advised to evacuate by a talking head on TV, will they listen?

“Hopefully the president won't be tweeting about fake news as much,” Acosta said, “as many Americans will be relying on the news to stay safe during this storm.”

www.thedailybeast.com...

So if people die in Texas or Louisiana after Harvey hits..CNN is now waiting...ready, willing and able...to blame Trump personally for those deaths.

They'll blame him NOT because CNN, itself, is notorious for broadcasting fake news and destroying it's own viewership numbers...but because Trump, himself, called CNN out for it's propaganda and lies.
As a result, people in Texas and Louisiana won't now watch or trust CNN, to give them the life-saving information they will need to survive Harvey.

As of this writing, Harvey is close to landfall.

While this potential natural disaster unfolds...remember this thread as CNN attempts to use any possible victims as smear fodder against President Trump because he dared to call out CNN as the fake news it truly is.

May God Bless the people in the path of Harvey...and may they ALL come safely through this monster storm.
edit on 25-8-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

CNN Warns Trump’s ‘Fake News’ Talk Could Put Hurricane Harvey Victims in Danger

Right people!

Because Americans don't have access to the NOAA and the weather channel or pretty much every other news outlet.

Or hell even looking out their windows.

INGSOC FAIL.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It would appear Acosta has slipped a cog. He may need some time off to regain his composure and deal with his issues.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The mindless sheep were already blaming Trump for the catastrophic nuclear accident that Harvey hasn't caused yet.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
They have a good point. In cases such as natural disasters, people rely on the media to update them with accurate information, alerts, instructions on what to do in certain circumstances and where to find disaster shelters.

It seems reasonable that there may be some Fox News watching Trump supporters in Texas that actually believe the media is nothing but fake news and will refuse to listen to the media's relevant info.

Oh well.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
CNN is sick, imo. They have mass phychogenic illness. They are mentally unstable. Ignore them.

If you still watch CNN, you may be psycho, too!

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Anyone that still watches CNN is in far more danger than what any hurricane can cause.

But safety to all those in the path of Harvey.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
CNN is nothing but a mouthpiece for the destroy-Trump elites. They have run so many petty stories, and criticized him for such nothingness, or in some cases outright lied, that they have zero credibility when it comes to Trump. One day one of their stories on Trump might actually be accurate, but only a fool would believe anything they have to say about the man.
edit on 25-8-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
They have a good point. In cases such as natural disasters, people rely on the media to update them with accurate information, alerts, instructions on what to do in certain circumstances and where to find disaster shelters.

It seems reasonable that there may be some Fox News watching Trump supporters in Texas that actually believe the media is nothing but fake news and will refuse to listen to the media's relevant info.

Oh well.

Do you actually believe that? Or is that just something you felt you had to say because you don't like Trump?

I don't care for Trump, but this is crazy partisan crap targeted at the illiterate IMO.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Oh well.

The left always thinks everyone else is stupid and that they need CNN to tell them how to live, what to do, and how to do it, including what you can say, what you MUST say (like in California if their anti free speech bill passes via pure hypocrisy), and how you think and even what to think.
Trump supporters don't buy into any of this because in 3rd grade they learned better and now they are real adults.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Do you actually believe that? Or is that just something you felt you had to say because you don't like Trump?

My like or dislike of Trump has nothing to do with it. I think it is a valid question.

If someone of authority continually tells you that a source of information is fake and cannot be trusted, will people trust those sources of information in times of emergency and disaster, or will they dismiss them and only heed warnings when it comes from a source that elected official finds trustworthy?

Will those that fall for the fake news narrative only turn on Fox News, since that is the media choice of Trump, to get their disaster-related information?

Let's try to keep the partisanship out of this and discuss it logically.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

The left always thinks everyone else is stupid and that they need CNN to tell them how to live, what to do, and how to do it, including what you can say, what you MUST say (like in California if their anti free speech bill passes via pure hypocrisy), and how you think and even what to think.

I'm not interested in your hyper-partisan nonsense. We are talking about emergency/disaster info coming from the media. Do they believe their info or not based on the idea they are fake news?

Trump supporters don't buy into any of this because in 3rd grade they learned better and now they are real adults.

Let's try to focus on the issue. Can we do that?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Remember when Kanye West said "George Bush doesn't care about black people," after Hurricane Katrina, and how shocking it was to hear that said about the president?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Well by god you know a thread had potential when a super mod steps in early. And props for not sending this to the trash bin to be done with it. LOL

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Fact is, not a lot of people have confidence in a shady real estate developer, reality TV/WWE star, liar extraordinaire who stares at the sun handling things correctly in a time of national crisis.

I wouldn't call that fear unfounded.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I can't be partisan in my case. I don't like either Party or the Party system.

It just seems to me that this is in fact, entirely partisan. It's targeted at CNN viewers and the only way they can not get the story is if CNN covers something else. You think Acosta is not partisan and he really believes that, or is he pandering to his audience? Of course he is.

It's actually a silly topic to be honest. People like Acosta and Hannity with an agenda, often enter the realm of the absurd.

link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Right!

It was GW's fault idiots built a city in a known flood zone.

I absolutely hate the ever living hell out of American politics.

It's the clueless leading the hopeless.

link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

The mindless sheep were already blaming Trump for the catastrophic nuclear accident that Harvey hasn't caused yet.

I heard a famous magazine has already printed thousands of copies with all the details about that accident.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

This is why I refer to them as "CNN & the retards" - because they are actually #in retards.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I can't be partisan in my case. I don't like either Party or the Party system

All due respect, but you can still be partisan. Your assumption that my post was based on my like or dislike for Trump is a partisan assumption.

It just seems to me that this is in fact, entirely partisan.

Could very well be. I cannot claim to know their intent, but I still find it a very good aspect to discuss.

It's targeted at CNN viewers and the only way they can not get the story is if CNN covers something else. You think Acosta is not partisan and he really believes that, or is he pandering to his audience? Of course he is.

Sure. That does not mean there is not some validity to the question being asked that we cannot discuss, outside of our respective partisan/biased filters.

It's actually a silly topic to be honest. People like Acosta and Hannity with an agenda, often enter the realm of the absurd.

Obviously. I will not dispute that.

So we come full circle back to the original point I made.

Will people reject info from those Trump has claimed to be fake news, and only rely on outlets that have been publicly-approved by an elected official?

In this case, Fox News.
edit on 25-8-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join