It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't Trump denouce the KKK, Neo-Nazi's and White Supremacy?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Those who committed violence are all equal. Bad. It doesn't matter if they were neo Nazis or if they were Antifa.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
People only hear what they want to hear. Trump shouldn't have revised his initial statement. He should have stuck to his guns, said FU, and moved on.

The Left and the press are bullying the hell of him. I have zero respect for both of them.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Why would he denounce his biggest support base and fan club? The white supremacists are his most solid and reliable core.

Trumps actual actions speak louder than words

He's a Nazi's Best Friend

Trump's previous "dennouncement were so pathetically weak and scripted, it was pretty clear he was doing so at the direction of another.

As far as the whole WP crowd goes, Trumps cred is still solid with them.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tannerc

Those who committed violence are all equal. Bad. It doesn't matter if they were neo Nazis or if they were Antifa.

But that's assuming there are only 2 sides. That's a false narrative by our media.

There were college students protesting Nazis. People from the town protesting. Just because you protest a Nazi doesn't mean your antifa.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

There was no:

"egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides."

One side was a bunch of hate-filled bigots there to commit violence. The other side was there to stand up to them.

The violence itself was wildly different. Friday night was just a torch wielding mob beating up a bunch of locals in a group 1/10th there size. If you need me to show this to you, I will do so. It's not even debatable.

While there was exchanges of blows the next day... only a member from one of those groups got into a car and ran a bunch of people from the other side over with it.

Get real.

Are you telling me that if the next UTR rally is in your neighborhood, you're not going to have a problem with it? You'll just hide in your house while they march through your streets with torches and beat up the kids in your town?

Even if they weren't violent from the jump (and they were), would you not protest a bigot horde invading your town?

Or what if there was no violence. If it was just Klan, white nationalists, white supremacists and neo-Nazis on one side and people protesting them on the other. Nobody hit anyone, nobody ran over anyone — none of that.

Would you honestly view both sides equally? Do you have the same opinion of neo-Nazis as you do of anyone who protests against them? You're neutral on the whole neo-Nazi vs not-neo-Nazi thing?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

They weren't supposed to be there protesting Nazis. To them it was a cool thing. That is the job of the police.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tannerc

They weren't supposed to be there protesting Nazis.

According to whom? It's their right to peacefully protest that which they find objectionable.

That is the job of the police.

What is the job of the police?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

To protest they are supposed to get a permit. And there was supposed to be police separating them. If you don't see police, you better high tail out of there. The police didn't do a good enough job.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Both of the hate groups showed up in helmets with makeshift armor, clubs, and other assorted weapons...both sides used them. Sounds pretty equal to me. There were also people there...students, history buffs, and I'm sure all kinds of other people who live in the area who were there, who wanted nothing to do with the violence...are those all bad racist people because they were there too? Does protesting the removal of a statue alone make one racist or a part of the WP group? We see all the time when BLM goes off the rails with their racist agenda the same people come here saying how we can't judge the whole group based on those we see being disgusting racists, but somehow,in this case we can? How exactly does that logic work?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tannerc

They didn't do their job at all basically. Either the city government or someone commanding it called for a stand down, or the police chief ordered the stand down...Either way the job of protecting the people,there was not being done.

link   
a reply to: amazing

I hardly even saw any Antifa in the video. A smattering. Friday night, it was UVA students from the Charlottesville campus who surrounded and straight up jumped by a torch wielding mob. No Antifa in sight.

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: rickymouse

he wasn't a clown with poor impulse control who was holding campaign rallies months into office.

For me this is the big red flag with this administration. If you feel you need to hold campaign rallies in the first six months of your term then you've got problems. It's blatantly clear, they're not interested in anything but appeasing a hardcore base that sits somewhere around thirty percent. This is terrible politics in that it continues towards more and more isolation. It doesn't do any good for anyone, including the administration and it's supporters

I can't wait for him to do something so unbearable stupid that the spell is finally broken.

Short of him making a mistake that get's a lot of people killed it's not happening. Like Trump said, he could shoot someone and some people will still support him. Then again the red-hats still have Obama and Clinton to blame so even if he did make a mistake that gets a bunch of people killed it probably still wouldn't steer them away. He'll probably never have to be accountable for anything when it comes to the opinion of his base.

It's always the deep state, the liberals, the establishment repub's, Clinton, Obama, the mexicans, the muslims, fake news, etc, etc. It's a never ending deflection fest. It's never actually them..... And, if you're going to play the game like that, you can continue it to no end.

It won't be until years later where people will be embarrassed to even admit they supported this $h!t show. It'll be a case of where did all those Trump supporters go? They were all over the internet and the rallies had people there, but now so few people will admit they supported that nonsense.

I'm really yearning for the good old days when as much as we the people didn't agree, we didn't have two completely separate realities.

It's not separate realities, it's "alternative facts" according to Kellyanne "Bowling Green" Conway. We can just make things up now and it's ok...... No matter how absurd.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Antifa and neo Nazis are extremists. Extremists are only 0.01% of the population. MSM blows them way out of proportion.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

To protest they are supposed to get a permit.

Unfortunately, yes.

If you don't see police, you better high tail out of there.

Please explain.

The police didn't do a good enough job.

True.

You didn't answer the questions I originally asked.

You said:

They weren't supposed to be there protesting Nazis. . . .That is the job of the police.

According to whom weren't they supposed to be there, and what is the job of the police?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Think of it. If these students didn't go protest the Nazis, no one would have gotten hurt or killed. It was their fault for protesting the Nazis.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Sounds pretty equal to me.

... if you're up to ignore the outcome of that day for the shiny litte narrative of yours.

Besides from that? Not so much.

On a personal note: did you serve in the military and did they give you shots of stuff you don't know much about? Just trying to triangulate the problem, something seems to be off.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Think of it. If these students didn't go protest the Nazis, no one would have gotten hurt or killed. It was their fault for protesting the Nazis.

A) Who was killed and by whom? That's whose fault it is.

B) They have every constitutional right to peacefully protest that which they find objectionable (and they didn't kill anyone).

C) Think of it.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The one who killed someone got charged. No one would have gotten killed if these students didn't go protest the Nazis thinking it was a cool thing to do. They are not police. They should not act like police.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I know Trump has denounced the KKK and I don't believe he is necessarily racist. In fact, I don't think I've seen many people say he hasn't denounced the KKK.

It seems you are trying to debate an issue very few think is an issue.

As far as him appealing to the KKK or WS's. That does appear to be true. The owner of the Stormfron website said they had to upgrade their systems after Trump came in to the picture. He specifically mentions Trump.

Politico reports that Stormfront, a website described as “a community of racial realists and idealists” on its homepage, sees a 30 to 40 percent spike in traffic whenever Trump spews his anti-immigrant or anti-Muslim bile. The site that hosts chat forums on a range of issues of interest for American racists, including a support group for teenagers looking to “come out” as White Nationalists and a forum that purports to offer the “truth about Martin Luther King,” already received a million unique visitors a month but credits Trump with its recent spike in traffic. Stormfront founder Don Black told Politico that Trump “has sparked an insurgency and I don’t think it’s going to go away.”

“Demoralization has been the biggest enemy and Trump is changing all that,” Black explained, predicting that Trump’s contribution to the national discourse will outlive his time in the spotlight, at least in white supremacist circles. “He’s certainly creating a movement that will continue independently of him even if he does fold at some point,” Black said.

www.salon.com... c_surge/

www.politico.com...
edit on 25-8-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

White nationalists have for years wanted a white man in the White House. Trump is what they got. Of course they are joyed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join