It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't Trump denouce the KKK, Neo-Nazi's and White Supremacy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I know....I am waiting for Kayne to come out and say Trump doesn't like cowboys..

Now, if the government would have allowed him to fill his cabinet...but that is another thread.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phonixfromtheashes

Because they would lose a 1/4 of their base.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phonixfromtheashes
Why doesn't the democrats denounce ANTIFA and BLM?

They don't denounce them because they erroneously believe their "cause" is just. They don't pull back the layers and look at what and who they are in reality.

For instance, BLM presents themselves as a group whose goal is to shine a light on racism within police ranks. Sounds all righteous, doesn't it? But, look at what they really say. Look at who is really behind them. Look at what they do!

Dem-wits aren't exactly known for rational common sense thinking.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Why won't Trump denouce the KKK, Neo-Nazi's and White Supremacy?

Trump haters entire argument is ludicrous.

What was he suppose to do ?

Declare martial law.

Go house to house snipe hunting ?

Bring some shock and awe ?

Their entire beef is he's not outraged enough for their taste.

It's stupid.

It's slow creep.

It's how leftist movements work.

First they are mad that you support something. Then you give in a little.

Then they are mad you aren't denouncing it. So you give a little.

Finally we get to this stage where they are mad because you don't denounce it hard enough.

They wear opponents down through a slow grinding so that no single step in the process seems bats#$t crazy, but the end result is nuts when viewed objectively.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

His largely unprovoked presidential rant on Tuesday instantly sparked an even more intense critique, especially from Republicans.

Speaker Paul D. Ryan called white supremacy “repulsive” and said “there can be no moral ambiguity.” Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Republican of Florida, tweeted: “Blaming ‘both sides’ for #Charlottesville?! No.” Senator Marco Rubio, Republican of Florida, said white nationalists in Charlottesville were “100% to blame” and wagged his finger at the president for suggesting otherwise.

“The #WhiteSupremacy groups will see being assigned only 50% of blame as a win,” Mr. Rubio said on Twitter moments after Mr. Trump’s remarks. “We can not allow this old evil to be resurrected.”

Senator Todd Young of Indiana, a freshman Republican, wrote: “This is simple: we must condemn and marginalize white supremacist groups, not encourage and embolden them.”

Even members of Mr. Trump’s own military appeared to take quick offense to their commander’s words. Hours after the president spoke, the Marine Corps commandant, General Robert B. Neller, wrote in a tweet that there is “no place for racial hatred or extremism in @USMC. Our core values of Honor, Courage, and Commitment frame the way Marines live and act.”

Trump Defends Initial Remarks on Charlottesville; Again Blames ‘Both Sides’

Ladies and gentlemen, your president.

Trump on the Nazi Attack: There Were 'Very Fine People on Both Sides'

Fake news, eh? Not. Sure.
I guess the art of reading between the lines is lost on you folks? Who would've thought!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

The art of 'reading between the lines' or the art of 'creating the narrative that fits your argument' ? I would like you to show me how he did not denounce these groups.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

This is all spin I'm afraid. The issue wasn't that Donald Trump has never denounced racists. The issue was that in his remarks about Charlottesville, he refused to denounce the Klan, white nationalists, white supremacists, neo-Nazis, neo-Confederates, etc.

What he did was try to mischaracterize the composition of the UTR rally-goers in order to create false equivalence. I have no real desire to hash all this out again, I think I said pretty much everything I had to say about it in LesMisanthrope's thread.

All the asshole had to do was say the rally-goers, who were almost exclusive one of the above groups, were *something* (disgusting, disdainful, abhorrent, "bad dudes," hell — "real losers" would have been something). Instead, he went with some "both sides" bull# that he's never used in the past as he's repeatedly claimed that non-violent protesters against him were paid for and where there's been violence, called out those from the left while completely ignore violence from those on the right who were just as violent if not more — at the same events.

All of a sudden because somebody murders somebody it's "both sides." There weren't a bunch of "very fine people" on both sides. One side was 99% composed of horrible douche bags.
edit on 2017-8-25 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
For an acting president to put up with so much of the disruptive trash lately, I am impressed. I do not know of any other president who would not have silenced these people. The secret service would have been knocking on people's doors or the IRS would have seized assets if anyone had pulled this kind of crap with Obama.

If I was president, this kind of stuff would not be allowed to continue, it is way past our right to protest or the freedom of the press. The Mafia owned newspapers used to print stuff like we are seeing today in the newspapers they owned, and our government was actively against them. Trump is being too nice, he must believe these people have a right to throw slander around.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Would you have given the remarks that Trump gave after Charlottesville? Would you have made a point of trying to point out that among the UTR rally-goers, there were some "very fine people?"

I don't think so. I think that you would have said something better and you're just a guy posting on an Internet forum. I don't think you would have implied that both sides in Charlottesville were the same. I think you would have said that it's a sad day in American when hundreds of violent bigots descend on a college own in America and that one of their numbers ran down Americans in the street.

Because that's a no-brainer.

If I ask you if you want hundreds of violent bigots to show up in your town, march through your town, beat up locals in your town, get into altercations in your town and run people down in the streets of your town — you're going to say something a little stronger than "no."

It's sad that reasonable people are having to jump through hoops because the President choked when he had a chance to knock one out of the park.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
He already did denounce them and has been for decades, liberals got their blinders fully applied.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Racists can still be very fine people. Everyone has a bit of racist in them. It's true racism is bad for health and mental well being, but to say racists cannot be very fine people is outrageous in my opinion.

A man is judged by his deeds, not by his thoughts. It is certainly possible a racist does many good deeds for his community, city, state, country.
edit on 25-8-2017 by tannerc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

This is all spin I'm afraid. The issue wasn't that Donald Trump has never denounced racists. The issue was that in his remarks about Charlottesville, he refused to denounce the Klan, white nationalists, white supremacists, neo-Nazis, neo-Confederates, etc.

What he did was try to mischaracterize the composition of the UTR rally-goers in order to create false equivalence. I have no real desire to hash all this out again, I think I said pretty much everything I had to say about it in LesMisanthrope's thread.

All the asshole had to do was say the rally-goers, who were almost exclusive one of the above groups, were *something* (disgusting, disdainful, abhorrent, "bad dudes," hell — "real losers" would have been something). Instead, he went with some "both sides" bull# that he's never used in the past as he's repeatedly claimed that non-violent protesters against him were paid for and where there's been violence, called out those from the left while completely ignore violence from those on the right who were just as violent if not more — at the same events.

All of a sudden because somebody murders somebody it's "both sides." There weren't a bunch of "very fine people" on both sides. One side was 99% composed of horrible douche bags.

So when the Charlottesville police chief stated "both sides" were causing trouble at his press conference on the clashes, he was lying? Why didn't we see any uproar at that point? Why was it a day later when Trump says the same thing it all of a sudden is giving equivalence to the white supremacist?

Inquiring minds would like to know...

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Huh? The Tea Party protests started with protests in 40 cities a month after Obama was elected. The movement was ostensibly kicked off by a CNBC reporter and the first rallies featured conservative media personalities like Glenn Beck as speakers.

The right-wing media promoted the Tea Party actively. Then there was all the birtherism bull#. Did you forget the last 8 years of American history? All the right-wing hysterics about his golfing? His gum chewing? His "apology tour?"

Do you want to know the difference? However much I'm sure you hate Obama, he wasn't a clown with poor impulse control who was holding campaign rallies months into office. He didn't take to Twitter to attack any and everyone. He didn't accuse our allies of spying him because he saw some fake news on Fox.

He wasn't flying around the country to deliver vitriol filled speeches where he blamed everyone for his problems, attacked anyone who didn't agree with him and patted himself on the back — months in his first term. It's just bizarre.

And yet, for 8 years, because right-wingers hated Obama, it was "Emperor Obama with his pen and his phone!" (Trump signs an EO and it's f'ing PR event where Trumpkins cheer) and "he's so divisive." Divisive because you hated him? Trump accuses anyone who protests against him of being a paid protester. It's ridiculous.

I can't wait for him to do something so unbearable stupid that the spell is finally broken. I'm really yearning for the good old days when as much as we the people didn't agree, we didn't have two completely separate realities.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I would like you to show me how he did not denounce these groups.

He did, after he didn't. Twice. And then he did some more of not denouncing crap again. That's what the articles are about, which you probably ignored. Right, I should have known better than that. Try antes post next? You can do this!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I see some references to "Anti-Trumpers" as if all those who dislike him go to meetings or practice twice a week.

Personally, I am not against Trump due to msm sources, prior expectations or any team membership. I have a low opinion of him based on his own words and actions. He has been in the spotlight these last few decades.

I came to the conclusion that he was a bad man who cheated, lied, raped and stole. A man with no moral compass that I could discern. I guess certain people admire those qualities.

When he became POTUS I did the decent thing and accepted it and waited to see if he could be effective ...even IF he was one of the biggest scumbags I knew of. Other scumbags had been effective Presidents, after all.

Well, I've watched this train wreck and I have decided, based on his words and deeds alone, that not only is he a dishonorable, infantile, narcissistic, selfish scumbag, but he is an ineffective, potentially dangerous leader, as well.

I was of the opinion that otherwise decent people had been duped by the guy ... and I am still of that opinion.

One cannot "drain a swamp" by way of a hurricane of suckage.

It truly takes an effort to ignore the idiocy and believe in the guy, I'll give his supporters that.

His being a racist is just added condiments to his crap sandwich.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Those who see others are bad are no matter than them. Goodness comes from within and comes from oneself.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

This is all perception. How you look at it. Condemning someone as a bad person because of their thoughts and action without knowing them is simple prejudice.

This is his first speech

Thank you very much. As you know, this was a small press conference, but a very important one. And it was scheduled to talk about the great things that we're doing with the secretary on the veterans administration. And we will talk about that very much so in a little while. But I thought I should put out a comment as to what's going on in Charlottesville. So, again, I want to thank everybody for being here, in particular I want to thank our incredible veterans. And thank you, fellas. Let me shake your hand. They're great people. Great people. But we're closely following the terrible events unfolding in Charlottesville, Virginia.

We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides. It's been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama, this has been going on for a long, long time. It has no place in America. What is vital now is a swift restoration of law and order and the protection of innocent lives. No citizen should ever fear for their safety and security in our society. And no child should ever be afraid to go outside and play or be with their parents and have a good time. I just got off the phone with the governor of Virginia, Terry McAuliffe, and we agree that the hate and the division must stop, and must stop right now. We have to come together as Americans with love for our nation and true affection-- really, I say this so strongly, true affection for each other. Our country is doing very well in so many ways. We have record -- just absolute record employment. We have unemployment the lowest it's been in almost 17 years. We have companies pouring into our country, Foxconn and car companies and so many others.

They're coming back to our country. We're renegotiating trade deals to make them great for our country and great for the American worker. We have so many incredible things happening in our country, so when I watch Charlottesville, to me it's very, very sad. I want to salute the great work of the state and local police in Virginia. Incredible people. Law enforcement, incredible people. And also the National Guard. They've really been working smart and working hard. They've been doing a terrific job. Federal authorities are also providing tremendous support to the governor. He thanked me for that. And we are here to provide whatever other assistance is needed. We are ready, willing and able. Above all else, we must remember this truth: No matter our color, creed, religion or political party, we are all Americans first. We love our country. We love our god. We love our flag. We're proud of our country. We're proud of who we are, so we want to get the situation straightened out in Charlottesville, and we want to study it. And we want to see what we're doing wrong as a country where things like this can happen. My administration is restoring the sacred bonds of loyalty between this nation and its citizens, but our citizens must also restore the bonds of trust and loyalty between one another. We must love each other, respect each other and cherish our history and our future together. So important. We have to respect each other. Ideally, we have to love each other.

Then days later he discusses a DOJ investigation....

I just met with FBI Director Christopher Wray and Attorney General Jeff Sessions. The Department of Justice has opened a civil rights investigation into the deadly car attack that killed one innocent American and wounded 20 others. To anyone who acted criminally in this weekend’s racist violence, you will be held fully accountable. Justice will be delivered. As I said on Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence. It has no place in America.

And as I have said many times before, no matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God. We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans. Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans. We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our Creator. We are equal under the law. And we are equal under our Constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America.

Two days ago, a young American woman, Heather Heyer, was tragically killed. Her death fills us with grief, and we send her family our thoughts, our prayers, and our love. We also mourn the two Virginia state troopers who died in service to their community, their commonwealth and their country. Troopers Jay Cullen and Berke Bates Exemplified the very best in America, and our hearts go out to their families, their friends and every member of American law enforcement. These three fallen Americans embody the goodness and decency of our nation. In times such as these, America has always shown its true character: responding to hate with love, division with unity, and violence with an unwavering resolve for justice.

As a candidate, I promised to restore law and order to our country, and our federal law enforcement agencies are following through with that pledge. We will spare no resource in fighting so that every American child can grow up free from violence and fear. We will defend and protect the sacred rights of all Americans, and we will work together so that every citizen in this blessed land is free to follow their dreams in their hearts and to express the love and joy in their souls. Thank you, god bless you, and god bless America. Thank you very much."

So the third time he said there is blame on both sides and it is a problem.

No, I have NO issue with what my president said. At least now we have someone who will not attack the police and calls out BOTH sides. Let me know when he invites the KKK or some Nazis to the WH because Barack invited BLM and the Muslim Brotherhood. I guess in your book that is ok thought right?

"He should have done what I wanted" you are all screaming....spoiled assholes...I mean, that is what you called the president right?
edit on Augpm31pmf0000002017-08-25T17:45:04-05:000504 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Both neo Nazi and Antifa should be labeled terrorist organizations and banned in the US.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

So when the Charlottesville police chief stated "both sides" were causing trouble at his press conference on the clashes, he was lying? Why didn't we see any uproar at that point? Why was it a day later when Trump says the same thing it all of a sudden is giving equivalence to the white supremacist?

Inquiring minds would like to know...

I guess you're going to pretend that you don't understand context or nuance all of a sudden? I listened to the Chief, it wasn't anything even close to what Trump said and the Chief of Police isn't the POTUS, is he?

He didn't stop to opine how many of the UTR rally-goers were "very fine people" either, did he? Nobody is denying that there were violent clashes and that protesters and rally-goers were exchanging blows. In fact, nobody is denying that some of those individual fights were incited by protesters.

But does that mean that both groups are *the same*? And I'll point out that the Chief also said that on Saturday, the UTR bunch didn't follow the agreed upon plan for entrance and egress.

Do you think that both the protesters and the UTR rally-goers are equally responsible for violence? Were they equal on Friday night when hundreds of them carrying torches, descended on a group of local college kids — not Antifa, unarmed college kids mostly, a number of them female — surrounded them and beat them up?

You saw that right? You watched those videos? Did that violence look equal on "both sides?"

Were both sides equal there? How about on Saturday? Were both sides equal on Saturday? I know we've got a thread with a video that shows two incidents where protesters started the action (first was locals, second was Antifa) but have you watched other videos that are more reflective of the bulk of both crowds? I guess I need to do my own breakdown thread showing the UTR rally-goers inciting and initiating contact on Saturday?

Were both sides equal when a member of one of those groups plowed his car into the those in the other, killing one and injuring 19, some of them critically? Were they exactly the same?

And let's not forget that one of these groups came from all over the country, geared up and ready for combat and invaded the town of another group who were mostly local, mostly not geared up for combat and didn't run over anyone.

That's without even mentioning that one of these group was composed of violent bigots, one of whom — one of the organizers — was on video after the fact, showing off the arsenal he brought along and saying that more people are going to have to die for his vision of an all white nation to come to become reality?

Exactly the same? One side here isn't just a teeny tiny bit worse maybe?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It wouldn't matter if Trump shot a KKK/Neonazi on the street in New York, the leftist media and groups would still blame him for something... and call for gun control.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join