It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instead of Worrying About Statues

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Alt-right gay racist neo Nazi white supremacist burrito loving cross burning sushi eating sandwich maker Canadian born immigrant checking in.

I read the words "cross dressing" when I first looked at that, and (what with the state of the world today) it didn't strike me as at all remarkable until a few seconds had passed.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

using your logic, if the Nazi's and White Supremacists adopted a Metrosexual mindset and started to pamper themselves with Pedicures, talk with lisps, pat each other on the back side, then we should eradicate homosexuals from existence?

The rebel flag is just a flag. Some of the wacko racists have US flags as well. Should we all ban that as well?

Or.....is it possible that we ask the few (the very very small minority who might actually personally identify as hurt) to ignore inanimate objects and try really hard to live their lives as they did way back in the year 2010, when flags and Statues weren't the #ing enemy?

I realize the the need to be a SJW is overwhelming and most aren't loved enough so they need to manufacture pseudo love by identifying with a group who may or may not actually give a # about statues and flags, but damn, grow the # up.

I'd bet that most of you can't explain why the statue offends you personally, you are "offended" for others who MIGHT be hurt.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Skinheads and the like...a USELESS demographic,who's rights I would like to violate FAR more that the latest Marxist children.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Why.....

I don't see the need to chase down @$$ holes...

I will just wait until they do something that deserves a response.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Moving away from the civil war statues and white supremacists in Charlottesville for a second ...

I have recently been able to see first hand the the ramifications of attakes on things that others see as a part of their cultural identity and how it only serves to push society further apart and not fix some underling issue in this country.

And I'm not talking about people sitting on the fence to white supremacy. I'm talking about people who not to long ago where the targets of white supremacists. Who paid for and put up statues as a means to fight back against the bigotry of their time only to see those same statues now being torn down because they are now some how symbols of white supremacy.

Natural allies in the fight against white supremacists feel like they are being pushed into a corner. And they are going to be driven right into the hands of conservatives and the Trumps of the world because they feel like they have no other choice.
edit on 2-9-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Indeed...
BUT when we GIT 'em...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join