It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Plant in Harvey's Bullseye

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Where did you get I was defending Trump? I was aghast at your eagerness to set up blaming the man over an act of nature.

The good news is his chief of staff is the very recent Director of FEMA. Also, are you unfamiliar with Schumer and the gang obstructing each and every appointment?

Also, do you realize that many posts arent filled traditionally for a couple years? I do, as my direct family member was appointed to the USDA AG 2 years after Bushes win.
edit on 25-8-2017 by BlueJacket because: Sp

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

This is about a major storm......this is not about DJT!
This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced.
Community Announcement re: Decorum
STAY on TOPIC!!!

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Fri Aug 25 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Where did you get I was defending Trump? I was aghast at your eagerness to set up blaming the man over an act of nature.

The good news is his chief of staff is the very recent Director of FEMA. Also, are you unfamiliar with Schumer and the gang obstructing each and every appointment?

Also, do you realize that many posts arent filled traditionally for a couple years? I do, as my direct family member was appointed to the USDA AG 2 years after Bushes win.

You were aghast?

I am appaled, by the very same thing.

You see it is the same thing, you may see (and I certainly don't know - this is much more for others) Mr. Trump as a symbol of all that is 'great' about american - but I see him as a symbol of all that is 'evil' about the USA.

No difference - just in position.

In neither case, does it have relevance to the material presented. And I will take that into consideration when writing information in the future.

I was in a disaster zone when FEMA was functioning fairly well - it hasn't under the last couple of administrations (budget cuts - war priorities) and I've seen a huge change in the response to recent disasters.

It's an ethical stance - a matter of ultimate prioriies - War seems to me the priority - not the health and safetly, at home, of our own people.

If you ideaology has no ethics what good is it? IMHO.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

This storm is certainly going to require a very high level of logistics and I think the Chief of Staff Mr. Kelly is one of the most capable persons to over sea the Herculean task that is beginning to unfold.

We have received a lot of word from the ground that makes me believe local authorities are doing everything theyre capable of, I have not heard a peep regarding a lack of resources being available, but we are very early in the game.

I too follow an ethical ideology but I still think that between national state and local authorities Texas is as prepared as they can be.

I prefer to remain optimistic regarding Trumps capacities to hold up his part of the present and upcoming job and as I said before Gen. Kelly is a fortunate appointment in regards this storm.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

So far, it appears that all the right moves are being made. Texas Gov. Abbot has declared state of disaster in 30 counties ahead of the storm in anticipation of what they expect to happen, and FEMA is on the ground with supplies. Louisiana Gov. Edwards has also declared state of emergency too. They are also strongly urging people to get out of dodge.

Now it's just time to see what actually develops and what the needs are and how well those can be supplied.
edit on 25-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: xuenchen

Mary Landrieu I think. There's a Landrieu as mayor of New Orleans now.

Mitch is the Landrieu leech in office now. Brother of Mary.

He let the pumps that keep NO dry all run down. He's scrambling like hell to blame it on others, but it's his fault. If this hits NO like they say it may, he'd be better off drowning in the flood waters than facing the political $#!7 storm that will ensue.

Many of us want to see him and his dynasty go down.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

We have a friend who explained how the levee system maintenance goes down there, and it sounds like each on is controlled by political appointees and is considered to be sort of like the ambassadorship of a small country -- a fat place to get rich after helping your buddy get into office. Most of the funds that are allocated toward maintaining levees and pumps seem to "disappear" somehow.

At least, he was not at all surprised by Katrina's outcome, and I'll bet he's not at all surprised by the pump situation either. Hope he's prepped and able to get out of harm's way if needed.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
We're freaking out about the nuke plant, but Corpus Christi is chock full of refineries and chemical plants. Many of them are aged infrastructure. That should worry people a lot more.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah and their Mayor (Corpus Christi) didnt do a mandatory evac...Im wondering if he will come to regret that?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I sincerely hope not.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I predict some frackin earthquakes when the hurricane hits.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
We're freaking out about the nuke plant, but Corpus Christi is chock full of refineries and chemical plants. Many of them are aged infrastructure. That should worry people a lot more.

That sounds a little disturbing. I hope there isn't too many problems down there.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I have a cheap thrills zombie apocalypse novel whose premise is that a giant hurricane with massive flooding hits the Texas gulf coast and creates a toxic swamp out of all the chemical and petro facilities down there. The resulting disaster mess mutates some type of disease like a rabies that more or less creates zombies.

Hmmmm ...

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
For the current NOAA track, it would be a TS at that point. But then, things can change.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
www.kristv.com...

Local ongoing coverage from Corpus Christi TX.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Corpus to STNP - 125 miles north. Will they get weather - yes. Bullseye -no. The last report I heard was that the hurricane force wind band was under 50 miles wide.

edit on 8/25/2017 by TXTriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Wow it looks like it's gonna be a bad one.

is expected to be the worst to hit the state in nearly two decades

www.yahoo.com...
edit on 25-8-2017 by saudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It appears the plant will be close to the eyewall.

I read on the other Harvey thread, they are not shutting down the plant. Operating at full power.

Hopefully they can handle the water rise. The winds 100mph should NOT be a problem. The surge is concerning.
edit on 25-8-2017 by jrod because:

<< 1    3 >>

join