It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cohn Fails to get Trump's Memo on Neo Nazis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
What we have here is a level of error that should be beyond partisan politics. If Obama signed a bill, for example, promoting space mining rights (which he did), even if we did not agree with Obama as a person on all policies, what benefit would it be to pretend he never said anything or signed anything regarding space mining, simply because we didn't want to acknowledge he did something we might agree with?

Here we have a blatant denial of reality.
www.businessinsider.com...

"This administration can and must do better in consistently and unequivocally condemning these groups and do everything we can to heal the deep divisions that exist in our communities," Cohn told the Financial Times. Cohn said he felt compelled "to voice my distress over the events of the last two weeks."

It appears that this member of the team missed this event:

(link: www.youtube.com...)

Wherein Trump spoke from 13:45 to 29:45, reciting his denouncement of racism, division, the KKK etc., and expressed calls for unity, healing, etc. going all the way back to the first day of the event.

It is therefore peculiar, from a logical standpoint, for someone so close in office to the president to be wholly ignorant of the memos and announcements of the president, and then to, after the phoenix rally reiteration, go on record claiming Trump failed to do what he literally did days earlier on television in front of live crowds.

Is Cohn suffering from some kind of Malady like McCain that would explain this level of cognitive dissonance?

In February 2018, the Federal Reserve Chairman seat becomes available. Who will fill it if not Cohn?
edit on 25-8-2017 by skynet2015 because: youtube loading error

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: skynet2015

For these people to claim that Trump didn't denounce those assholes, the level of truth denial is just outrageous.
What the hell more do they want? An oath written in his kids blood?
I am so tired of hearing about these clowns trying to undermine Trump at every turn.

(post by seeker1963 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
i think we can all agree that 'many sides, many sides' are responsible for all of this and that some nazis are in fact, good people

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Another swamp swimmer sewer floater exposed.

A real live "COHN" head.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure Cohn is recognizing Trump's words that you are suggesting he didn't get. That isn't why he is upset. He is upset at the way Trump handled the situation. Just because he eventually denounced racists and nazis doesn't mean that was an adequate response to the situation.

If a child misbehaves and a parent forces him to apologize to you, would you think he was being sincere? No. Of course not. The problem isn't that he didn't denounce those groups. The problem is that Trump was forced to denounce them after not initially doing so and even at first equating the violence on both sides which is the narrative he later went back on. Then Trump pretends like just because he denounced those people all is well and he did his duty. Yeah no. That tepid response may have been ok with most of his supporters, but Cohn is a jew. Trump's words hit too close to home for him since we are talking about Nazis and all, and he has quite a few associates in the Jewish community who have also been urging him to quit. So you guys should be happy he didn't quit over this like Trump's business council did. If that had happened, Trump's economic agenda would have been DOA before even starting.
edit on 25-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Another swamp swimmer sewer floater exposed.

A real live "COHN" head.

You do know that Trump hired Cohn right? If you are declaring him a swamp creature then you are admitting that Trump fills the swamp not drains it.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
i think we can all agree that 'many sides, many sides' are responsible for all of this and that some nazis are in fact, good people

I know, the people who try to do the mental gymnastics it takes to think that Trump said Nazi's were good people boggle the sane mind. It's obvious that there were more than just Nazi's there protesting the removal of statues, and ANTIFA thugs looking to snuggle up to the NAZI's and give them exactly what they were looking for. Those that try to make this into something else define the word stupid. (I get that you were joking with the LOL at the end)

edit on 25-8-2017 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Fire his ass, its not like anyone would care.

He can go back to his banker buddies.

Trump took a shot with Cohn, gave him a chance to prove he isnt scum, like the rest.

He FAILED, cut losses and move on.

Finding a gem in the sludge is tough work, but it must be done.
edit on 8 25 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't really care about any of this in terms of the Nazis/Antifa etc. or what Trump did or didn't say adequately. But just to keep things straight, Trumps economic agenda is already DOA thanks to the whack job Republicans who couldn't agree on what to order in for lunch, must less pass an economic agenda.

Nothing changes.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

True. He probably won't be accomplishing any of his economic agenda even if Cohn stays on because Trump is a terrible leader and cannot corral his party and instead distances himself from them (to avoid blame of course) due to their infighting and thus they fail.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yep, three and a half years of fail to go and I'd wager Trump is probably the last Republican to occupy the White Hut. 2016 irrevocably damaged the brand and the Corporations that run the Oligarchy find the Democrats much easier to control.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm pretty sure Cohn is recognizing Trump's words that you are suggesting he didn't get. That isn't why he is upset. He is upset at the way Trump handled the situation. Just because he eventually denounced racists and nazis doesn't mean that was an adequate response to the situation.

If a child misbehaves and a parent forces him to apologize to you, would you think he was being sincere? No. Of course not. The problem isn't that he didn't denounce those groups. The problem is that Trump was forced to denounce them after not initially doing so and even at first equating the violence on both sides which is the narrative he later went back on. Then Trump pretends like just because he denounced those people all is well and he did his duty. Yeah no. That tepid response may have been ok with most of his supporters, but Cohn is a jew. Trump's words hit too close to home for him since we are talking about Nazis and all, and he has quite a few associates in the Jewish community who have also been urging him to quit. So you guys should be happy he didn't quit over this like Trump's business council did. If that had happened, Trump's economic agenda would have been DOA before even starting.

"Trump refuses to denounce racism!"
"Well, actually, he's been denouncing it all along."
"Trump won't denounce the Charlottesville racists! He needs to denounce those people!"
"Well, actually, he did that directly."
"Ok, but just because he denounced racism doesn't mean he isn't a racist bigot! His words don't mean anything!"

First people outright lie about how Trump is encouraging racism, then they claim he's not actually doing anything, then when his outright denunciations of racism are thrown in their faces, they claim it doesn't mean anything anyway since he's still racist regardless.
Doesn't matter what Trump does, people will still make up anything they can to make him look bad.
This is directly the media's fault, as well as internet giants like Google and Facebook. Instead of the MSM showing people the things Trump is actually saying, they make things up and hide the truth to push their anti-Trump agendas. I did a Google search for "Trump denounces racism" a few days after his speech, and I got nothing but results claiming he's racist and his presidency is failing miserably... None of his actual speech.
It was at that point that I officially gave up ever using Google again. DuckDuckGo is way better and doesn't try to mass-manipulate people.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence. It has no place in America,”

“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans,”

- President Trump

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
CNN is saying that this is the biggest story of the day. I guess they don't care about the Americans who will be affected by Hurricane Harvey.

CNN is the worst kind of u.s. based domestic terrorist organisation.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

There are multiple groups involved. Kind of hard to fight if there is no one to fight against, kind of hard to have legitimacy is no one cares to even listen to what crap one wants to spew from one's lips

Good and bad are not good words to use for any of these groups...how about some are lawful and some are lawbreakers.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Way to fail at reading comprehension, guy. At no point did I declare Trump racist or that Cohn was declaring him racist.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

F@ck CNN and their bought and paid for partisan BS.

The CFR is paying them overtime.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Violence from both sides was condemned. It doesn't matter where it's coming from. Violence is not tolerated. Antifa was not right to fight neo Nazis. The police was responsible for keeping the gathering non violent.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
CNN is saying that this is the biggest story of the day. I guess they don't care about the Americans who will be affected by Hurricane Harvey.

CNN is the worst kind of u.s. based domestic terrorist organisation.

CNN is waiting for just the right moment to blame Trump for causing the Hurricane.

Wait for it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join