It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Senate Wants To Label WikiLeaks A “Non-State Hostile Intelligence Service”

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
There might be a better forum than this ? This article actually sickens me; for as far as I am concerned in a free society where truth and justice is supposedly held in high esteem Julian Assange and WikiLeaks should be getting a medal... except there are always TPTB who want to avoid the dirty truth of their actions..

By Aaron Kesel

The U.S. Senate is considering a bill that would classify WikiLeaks as a “non-state hostile intelligence service” bundled as part of the 2018 Intelligence Authorization Act. Presumably, that classification would authorize the use of force against WikiLeaks.

“It is the sense of Congress that WikiLeaks and the senior leadership of WikiLeaks resemble a non-state hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors and should be treated as such a service by the United States,” a section of the Act reads.

The Act almost unanimously passed a Senate panel last month 14-1, rejected by only one man, Sen. Ron Wyden, an Oregon Democrat who staunchly opposed the measure due to the provision that was snuck in about WikiLeaks.

“The language in the bill suggesting that the U.S. government has some unstated course of action against ‘non-state hostile intelligence services’ is equally troubling,” Wyden said in a press release.

If that were not troubling enough

Attorney General Jeff Sessions previously said in April that the arrest of WikiLeaks’ publisher Julian Assange was a “priority” for the DOJ.

www.activistpost.com...

The war on truth ... a video from a couple of months ago
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Call it what you like ...

It is what it is ( or used to be ).

They lost cred. with the dump code.

Who still has that on their hard drives ?

Does it contain malicious code ?

It has become too contrived ... maybe a scam by the alphabet agencies ?

Or just a bad soap ... lol.
edit on 25-8-2017 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Combination of Feigned Outrage and Controlled Opposition.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Sessions is an enemy of liberty, freedom and the truth, and should be removed from office. If his superior was not an intellectually incompetent scum breather himself, I am certain that Sessions would not still be in post. Further to that, Assange and those who have contributed to Wikileaks, have done more for the freedom and liberty of the people of the entire world, than most of the scheming bags of pus who seem to want to "act" against Wikileaks and its staff/leadership.

I am disgusted, and I hope every single person who passed this, winds up suffering for it.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
www.rt.com...

RT has Julian Assange's response

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

free society

truth and justice

You can't be serious?

Please, describe me a time & place anywhere on this planet where those things existed concurrently, or consistently individually for that matter.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with your sentiment, but it's doomsville all the way. It is the death of an empire after all.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
other then "not surprised " I have nothing ,which is what they want .

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Telling the truth is a dangerous deed in these times.

I'm surprised, and thankful, Julian has lasted as long as he has. A thorn in the side of every state on the planet at one point or another, particularly the West as of late.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

free society

truth and justice

You can't be serious?

Please, describe me a time & place anywhere on this planet where those things existed concurrently, or consistently individually for that matter.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with your sentiment, but it's doomsville all the way. It is the death of an empire after all.

I grew up believing in truth, justice, and the American way... I even fought a war because I believed that crap... So yes call me a dummy

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I don't think you "get" the strategy.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

How can you be sure he is not the face of the honeypot ?

Think about it .. the outraged float to the surface !

What is in it for Equador ?
Aim up as the next Afghanistan ??

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Which one are we referring to here?

Seems to me that in any one context, regarding any one event or chain thereof, there are far too many strategies being enacted at any one time, to easily pick out which one you might be referring to in any given matter.

Care to clarify?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Some would laud Assange as a hero for the information he has made available to the public; the methods used to obtain this information I would definitely say would appear hostile to US intelligence.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
They distributed stolen information knowingly.

Doesn't matter what the information was.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: xuenchen

Which one are we referring to here?

Seems to me that in any one context, regarding any one event or chain thereof, there are far too many strategies being enacted at any one time, to easily pick out which one you might be referring to in any given matter.

Care to clarify?

he almost never knows what he is talking about.
don't fall for the troll, or you'll be 'triggered'

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
U.S. Senate Wants To Label WikiLeaks A “Non-State Hostile Intelligence Service”

Every State on the world should do this with the GeStaPo and StaSi Intruments of the former allegedly united States, like Google, Facebook, Twitter etc...

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

They distributed stolen information knowingly.
What would be the difference of a whistle blower passing information on to the Govt. and them distributing it . Or a news source as in Comey's case .

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

“Truth is dangerous. It topples palaces and kills kings. It stirs gentle men to rage and bids them take up arms. It wakes old grievances and opens forgotten wounds. It is the mother of the sleepless night and the hag-ridden day. And yet there is one thing that is more dangerous than Truth. Those who would silence Truth’s voice are more destructive by far.

It is most perilous to be a speaker of Truth. Sometimes one must choose to be silent, or be silenced. But if a truth cannot be spoken, it must at least be known. Even if you dare not speak truth to others, never lie to yourself.”

Francis Harding.

I think it is apparent to most of the world by now that the US government went "rogue" a long time ago. They take orders from no-one, decide who their next enemy is and then seek to destroy them by any means necessary. Preferably "from the inside" as that is the cheaper option. The number of wars the US government has meddled in since 1945 is astounding. Wikipedia has a list somewhere. They keep sending your sons to hell on earth at every chance they get in the safe knowledge the monies required can be easily squeezed from the US citizenry.

Personal disclosure: I'm a Brit living in Holland. Both countries are your "allies" and have committed themselves to ridiculous amounts of defense spending on F-35's, (the Dutch want 85 alone!). They use the excuse: "We have obligations to the international (read US led) military force."

All politics aside, it is nothing less than inhuman. The amount of profits people want to make out of pain, suffering, death and destruction. This is why I do not vote. It never stops the carnage abroad.
edit on 25/8/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

edit on 25/8/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: More typos

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
www.rt.com...

RT has Julian Assange's response

irony

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Not a whole lot.
Reporting wrong doing to authorities is one thing.
Publishing is a bit different.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join