It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Is Very Wrong On This.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Trump was wrong about Mexico paying for the wall.
He was wrong about creating a new health care system being easy.
He was wrong about repealing "Obamacare" on day one.
He was wrong about clean coal.
He was wrong about the coal industry's ability to rebound, and did not trigger a law protecting coal generating factories.
He was wrong about, in my opinion, about allowing factories to dump waste into clean streams and rivers.
He was wrong, in my opinion, to pull out of the Paris Accord.

Those are just a few things, off the top of my head.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Well, since Trump can't get rid of or weaken the Magnitsky Act ... I guess this is one way to try and give Putin and the Russian oligarchy a bone?

And here's a reminder to everyone...Russia uses cheap N. Korean labor in Siberia for their lumber. So buying Russian lumber is funding N. Korea:

So. Much. Winning...

SMH

Life was all unicorns and rainbows before, but now that satan himself is in the white house, everything is totally ruined!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13
a reply to: kurthall

You do not understand the context of my question to that poster.

That's because your drivel was not understandable in any human language. You were talking out of your ass, perhaps literally.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I will say this one more time. This tariff issues goes back decades. Period. Hence, not Trump's issue. Might as well blame Trudeau as he spends time with the Aga Khan instead of addressing these issues.

It was a stumpage fee issue originally. Now The exchange rate
between the currencies is playing a big role.

A rather artificially low Canadian Dollar in relation to the U.S. Dollar. Of course, it's the Canadian consumer that suffers with overly high consumer prices while the fat cat exporters in Canada 'clean up'. Wheat Marketing Boards, lumber, sulfer, coal, the list goes on, the big guys in Canada are raking in huge profits at your expense.

Meanwhile, the loss of 60k plus Corporations over the years have hurt the U.S. economy mightily. While not a 'Canadian' issue, per say, there IS dumping occurring from Canada, into the U.S. Steel is one of them. Lumber another.

Collateral damage will occur and Canada is not exempt from these strengthening U.S. positions.

Screw Russia.....

edit on 25-8-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Outlier13

Trump was wrong about Mexico paying for the wall.
He was wrong about creating a new health care system being easy.
He was wrong about repealing "Obamacare" on day one.
He was wrong about clean coal.
He was wrong about the coal industry's ability to rebound, and did not trigger a law protecting coal generating factories.
He was wrong about, in my opinion, about allowing factories to dump waste into clean streams and rivers.
He was wrong, in my opinion, to pull out of the Paris Accord.

Those are just a few things, off the top of my head.

Ok this I appreciate. Thanks for the thoughtful response. And I want to disclose I am not a Trump apologist by any means but I also will not allow people to unjustly crucify Trump for things that he cannot control.

Mexico paying for the wall. In some way I know Mexico will pay. It may be indirect but there will be a transition of costs somewhere. Most likely in increased taxation. Mexico not paying for the wall does not hurt Americans.

There are easy replacements for Obamacare, yet Trump has been stopped since day 1. None of the establishment right wing politicians have been willing to help push this through. It is a misnomer that people somehow believe a POTUS can just arbitrarily change law. They can't and it will take time. It is taking much longer because of the a$$ establishment politicians in DC on both the right and the left. Trump doesn't get blamed for this one.
You are right that he didn't realize he could repeal Obamacare on day 1, however, I never took that as a literal statement and it was certainly meant figuratively. He did move very quickly to offer up a replacement but as I mentioned above he was not supported in any way. There is no way to spin Obamacare. Wait until 2018 when the new hikes go into effect. It has an will always be the worst thing to happen to US citizens.
I don't know what you mean about "clean coal", I hate those combinations of words because there is no such thing. I recall Obama saying the same thing and George Bush too. I missed what Trump said so you will have to point me to it.
Regarding a law to protect the coal industry. I think you are referring to Trump's recent rebuff of coal where a temporary emergency order was not granted to certain coal companies who requested it. Yes, Trump did originally saw he was going to help the coal industry and as far as I know he is still pushing for the repeal of the Clean Power Plan which is crippling coal plants, and repealing the Waters of the US Rule. And I do know he is signing legislation to overturn polices to stop coal mining outright. So I would say Trump is 100% helping the coal industry in many ways that are simply not being reported widely by the MSM. The only thing you can find is what occurred recently where the MSM is making it sound as if Trump is completely abandoning the coal industry and this simply is not true.

Dumping waste into rivers and streams is not just a federal level issue. States self regulate this as well so here you cannot place this squarely on Trump. And it's been going on since the beginning of time. Trump has loosened the restrictions. The states and local municipalites still have a fiduciary responsibility to their tax base to ensure they dispose of waste properly. Where I live we are run by liberals and our waters are some of the most polluted in the US. The mayor of our city (a screaming liberal Trump hater) would rather spend money on sports franchises than update water treatment facilities from the 1950s or clean up the massive pollution we have in our waters.

I respect your opinion regarding the Paris Accord. However, it makes me wonder how much you know about it. Had we stayed in the Paris Accord our US businesses would have been crushed with regulation. Crushed isn't even a just word. It would have massive ripple effects throughout the US economy. Not to mention the Paris Accord outright violated our own Constitution. We cannot allow foreign countries the ability to dictate US policy within our four walls. That would be the equivalent of me telling you how to live your life. That's just wrong.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Hurry up back to your safe space snowflake. The butt hurt never ends does it?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: yuppa

You mean the sanctions he wailed and gnashed his teeth over?

The ones that his own party pushed through?

Please.

Still signed them though. he could had just refused.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well, just add it to the growing number of things Kommerade Trumpsky has been extremely wrong about. I've lost track at this point.

Of course, color me shocked to learn that the Russians have been given a subtle back boost into our markets as a result of Putin's best bed-buddy being in the oval office currently. I expect as the Trump disaster broils on, we are going to learn that he's given Russia a lot more of a cut of our pie than just lumber.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Need to look at long term changes. The actual effect can't be determined yet.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13
a reply to: Dudemo5

Hurry up back to your safe space snowflake. The butt hurt never ends does it?

Yours is the typical nonsensical reply of member of the Green Party.

You are a member of the green party, right?

I'm just here to show that green partiers are all talk.

And where's the list of chicken wing recipes you promised?

Still waiting...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
trump is awesome.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Texas is going to need a ton of construction grade softwood lumber shipments coming in to meet the rebuild demands after this hurricane has taken its toll.

It'll be interesting to see what country the Trump administration decides to go with to meet that demand in the upcoming weeks.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

I am not sure if you can use the tariff in the same way for natural resources as say durable goods.

Can't say if US production can go up.

I doubt it will due to crushing regulations imposed upon them by the democrats.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

He's mad at us. We're being "very difficult" 😂

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join