It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANTIFA and Social Justice protesters share the same thought process and tactic of ISIS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
youtu.be...

I cannot imagine being so tender that I get mad at an inanimate object , and get offended at history and basically mannequins. These people really need to toughen up man

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
So it's that kind of ATS night?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Here is the video, embedded for everyone. I have not watched it, just posting it this way for the OP.

edit on 8/24/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Are we still on this?

You know by fixating on them it's the same as their infatuation with nazis right?

Giant circle jerk if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Oh gee a youtube video! What am I wasting my time here for? I should be over there so I can save myself the trouble of a hyperlink.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

At home, the war on terror is really against freedom of speech and dissent. Haven't you heard?

But thanks for making the Antifa / Teerorist connection.

Now we can lock them up for terrorism. Because they protest against the establishment.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Do you understand the concept of a logical fallacy from debate class????

Logical fallacies are things that sound good, but mean NOTHING....

Trying to pin the actions of an individual on a large group of people is a logical fallacy.. maybe more than one..

It is at least an over generalization, but I think it's another one as well...

Man we need to bring back "logic and rhetoric" classes...

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Are we still on this?

You know by fixating on them it's the same as their infatuation with nazis right?

Giant circle jerk if you ask me.

A raw and bloody circle jerk.

The worst kind.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Their Nazi and white nationalist propaganda seems to have worked, now we have ISIS being used as a comparison to our neighbors.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Here is the video, embedded for everyone. I have not watched it, just posting it this way for the OP.

Those are resistance fighters in the thumbnail that just pushed ISIS out of that region.
edit on 8/24/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Their Nazi and white nationalist propaganda seems to have worked, now we have ISIS being used as a comparison to our neighbors.

Or more accurately..

We have the long standing KKK and Isis all with the countless bodies of their murder victims laid at their feet. Being equated with an 18 month old organization with probably less than 100 members and , at least so far.. zero deaths caused...

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

youtu.be...

I cannot imagine being so tender that I get mad at an inanimate object , and get offended at history and basically mannequins. These people really need to toughen up man

NOTICE: AboveTopSecret.com management is now enforcing new standards for the opening posts of threads.

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation. If your topic is important to you, make sure you explain why, with links and supporting material so that our members may offer more relevant contributions, and ultimately, better threads. In fact, if you have less to say than this simple notice, then you probably do not have enough to start a new thread. Thank you for your assistance in helping to create great threads on ATS.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Utter horsepoop. Come on man, ISIS are decapitating people, unleashing suicide bombs, waging a Fricking war against civilisation itself.

The anti fascists are saying no to Nazis and white supremacists.

Quit trying to make these things comparable. They're just not.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The comparison is a reach but I would agree that both need an enemy to stay relevant and when they don't have an enemy, or at least a credible enemy, they need to create one or label anyone who disagrees as the enemy.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

How many gay people have Antifa thrown off of rooftops? How many suicide bombings have they conducted? How many bombings have they conducted? How many cities have they occupied militarily forcing a foreign military to kick them out?
edit on 25-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
You're making a strawman argument, because the video is simply comparing Antifa's lust for removing and destroying monuments with ISIS' lust for the same--and to be fair, the motivation behind it seems to be similar as well. But let's play along with this strawman...

No, Antifa does not commit the terrible acts that you mention--until they do. Prior to the recent happenings, one could have asked, "How many destructive riots has Antifa participated in on U.S. soil?," but now they have. ISIS wasn't even a thing, until it was. Unite the Right wasn't a thing, until it was--and they didn't cause a death, until they did.

I'm not saying that they will start with those tactics--and I sure as hell hope that they don't--but taking a snapshot of current happenings and pretending that nothing will change is not a good thing to do, especially with the tempers and activities as of late by Antifa (and others, but this thread is about Antifa).

The reality is that many of their tactics ARE the same, even if they have yet to graduate to similar levels of violence and ideological intimidation. But judging from many of Antifa's own statements, it will not surprise me to see their level of violence and intimidation increase in the future...but again, I hope not.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate just to condemn the destruction, violence, and damage done by Antifa members instead of nitpicking what is and isn't similar to ISIS or other groups? Let them stand on their own merits and let's denounce all stupidity on a case-by-case basis. (again, many groups fall into this category for me, but this thread is about Antifa, so I'm using them as an example)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I agree with your sentiment about the immaturity and softness of these people and their feelings, but ISIS they are not, even if some of their tactics are the same.

And believe me, I can't stand Antifa their hypocrisy, but I must call out a bad comparison when I see one. I mean, I shot out one of my neighbor's security lights with a BB gun one time when I was 13...does that make me like ISIS if they shot out a light before?

edit on 25-8-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
it got me at "Marxist Antifa liberals"

You know you are off to a great start when people just start throwing 'triggering buzzwords' around that actually cancel each other out

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

No I'm not making a strawman. I'm pointing out how the thread is being hyperbolic and sensational. I don't need a long diatribe explaining how you missed my point.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate just to condemn the destruction, violence, and damage done by Antifa members instead of nitpicking what is and isn't similar to ISIS or other groups?

Yes, but I didn't write this stupid thread conflating the two groups.
edit on 25-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I don't like Antifa...their rigid belief in their own righteousness and willingness to be mindlessly violent in pursuit of whatever cause of the moment they've latched onto is pathetic. Are they as bad as isis or nazis...err no.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join