It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting changes nothing-

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If you want to get pissed watch the video it is from 2008 but sadly little has changed. Slight adult language (F's and SH) for punctuation, not glorified.

This guy cuts our system up and shoves it down your throat. Do you agree?
Some points I want to mention.
1 Points out the fact that changing presidents makes not difference and voting is a useless process. Do not vote, do something productive and do not sanction this system that exploits you.
2 The fact that the US is a empire.
3 The US citizen is live stock to pay off loans that they never incurred.
4 How pitiful the political situation is and how the US citizens sell their soul for scraps and it is a dictatorship.
5 Hundreds of military bases around the world and they are going no where.
6 Basically you are not free-you can only choose your master but you can't choose to not be a slave.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

"That guy" is a younger Stephen Molyneux! Tons of good information from him over the years.

On topic.

It's a long hard fight to fix the ills of our government. I'm not sure anyone is left alive to take up the mantle.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Voting changes nothing-

Only a semblance of choice... maintained to delude the people that making little marks on ballots means youre participating, contributing, changing things.

The even use slogans like "Change you can believe in" and "Make America great again".

edit on 24-8-2017 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

My question would be, what kind of laws do you want to live under, but be beholden to no one?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

There is a problem to what the govt is supposed to be, constitutionally. I remember a little civil war that was fought over who (state vs Feds) has the last say.

Then you have central banks/the Federal reserve/petro dollar. That is a huge mess.

And let's not forget the Mil Indust Com.

And then Big medical.

There are so many problems that have been kicked down the road from the 1913 on that it has grown into a monster that is next to impossible to identify and to capture in words.
edit on 24-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

I agree, there needs to be laws.

I fear we have passed a point where there can be change that has a positive effect on the citizens. When we have a govt that openly admits there are companies that are to big to fail, we are indeed in deep doo doo.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This doesn't just apply to the US, however I would agree it is worse in the US than the UK because your democrats are actually centrists by and large, whereas in the UK we currently have a far more left leaning opposition which could exact real change and make a bit of a difference...providing they walk the talk if they ever got a chance.

Bernie in the US is about as left as you guys get, he would create change, just a shame he never received the nomination.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

I desperately wanted Bernie V Trump. But the system wanted Hillary, and I still can't figure out if it wanted Trump.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I desperately wanted Bernie V Trump. But the system wanted Hillary, and I still can't figure out if it wanted Trump.

Now see this is interesting as you have spent months defending the Trumpster, would you have been open to a Saunders presidency?

If so, then perhaps all is not lost.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I liked Bernie's stance on college and medical.

Everything is not well in the US and it is going to correct, because it has to.

I think sanders would be getting just as much done as trump is. And I would have been perfectly fine with a sanders presidency. If it would have been Trump V Sanders I would have had to flip a coin, but the debates may have swayed me either way.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I would not have voted for Bernie, but I would have given him as much of a chance as I do Trump.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What I've noticed is that voting has the power to put a certifiably insane human being in charge of the most powerful military on Earth... So I wouldn't say it changes NOTHING.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Ha,

You think there is going to be less killing than the drone friendly policy of the last admin?

Don't fool your self, the faces change the killing continues.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Why sure it does...

It changes whose pockets get lined

Pass the buck

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Ha,

You think there is going to be less killing than the drone friendly policy of the last admin?

Don't fool your self, the faces change the killing continues.

Where did I say anything even remotely related to what you're responding to?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Oh that's right the military doesn't kill people. Never mind

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Been telling people this for years. I haven't voted since the election of 2000 and I voted for Ralph Nader then.
edit on 24-8-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Oh that's right the military doesn't kill people. Never mind

You are literally having a conversation with yourself.

It's weird. Don't quote my posts if that's your plan.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

OK, what is your fear now that Trump is in charge of the military?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Just a side note: Presidents are temps only.. here then gone.. but the government itself keeps running non-stop because it has to.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join