It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shin Godzilla American Release

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Just finished watching it last night. A pretty good Godzilla film that, aside from a few moments, had decent special effects. And the soundtrack is amazing. Namely 'Persecution of the Masses' and 'Who Will Know.'

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Grik123

Ahhh ... nothing beats the original (horrible) flicks I saw on "Creature Features" as a tyke.

I still have odd dreams of the two wee Jap girls singing to Mothra.

This looks like a worthy update with the great music and updated "Zilla siut. Awesome.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grik123
saw it, pretty good 'zilla flick
even after all these years I still luv me some 'zilla

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Yeah this Godzilla is definitely NOT the people's champ version; winning for Japan then doing the safety dance! LOL.

Very interesting read about the last shot showing Godzilla's tail.

Google it..

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Gotcha all beat. My mom showed me a letter I sent to Godzilla inviting him to my birthday party that was in my baby book. Rodan too if he was available. Oh. And Baddogma, I remember the wee Japenese girls too, they had those awful fur stoles on.
edit on 25-8-2017 by Spader because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I LOVED Godzilla growing up.

My 6 year old daughter just recently discovered these films and enjoys them as much as I did. It's awesome to sit down with her and watch the old ones again with her. She even has a few toys that she plays with. He current request is a King Ghidorah figurine to add to her growing collection.

I'ts mind blowing just how cheesy the old ones are now that I'm watching them again. Was just watching Godzilla Vs Gigan yesterday and there was a scene where Gigan and King Ghidorah was destroying Tokyo and they legit tried to pass off two dolls on doll stands in what looked like a retail front as human women and I was just ROLLING laughing and my daughter couldn't understand why. It really reminded me how enthralled she was and just how magical they were when I was her age.

I'm excited to see Shin Godzilla. It looks really well produced but still has that old school feeling. Godzilla's super long tail is overly ridiculous but that's part of the charm I suppose.

Will have to pick it up for the youngin'

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Oh cool I can rent this on Amazon!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I picked it up last week. I thought it was pretty good as far as kaiju movies go. I found baby Godzilla was both cute and disturbing at the same time...

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

Everyone thinks the second form is cute. The Internet even started calling it Kamata-Kun

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I got to see it in the theater.

enjoyed. good flic.

new topics

top topics

join