It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Starts .... it has come to this, are you surprised

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: HorizonFall

Anything to add to back up your statement, or just a gut feeling?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

It's a multi-faith chapel on a public university (government) but they aren't supposed to display any specific faith's symbols. Doing so violates the Constitution.

However...

“We have received a complaint that East Central University’s Kathryn P. Boswell Memorial Chapel has permanent religious iconography on display,” the letter states. “These displays include Latin crosses on the top of and inside the building, Bibles, and a Christian altar. While it is legal for a public university to have a space that can be used by students for religious worship so long as that space is not dedicated solely to that purpose, it is a violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution to display religious iconography on government property. Please remove or cover the religious displays and items.”

However, after receiving backlash, university officials said they will hold off on removing the religious icons for now. “We moved too quickly,” said Katricia Pierson, ECU president. “We regret not taking time to pause and thoughtfully consider the request and the results of our actions on all of the students, faculty and community members who we serve.” Pierson said initially the university removed some items to show support for all cultures and religious beliefs. The chapel is used for various religions, student clubs and events. “This requires a more thoughtful and deliberate approach to the request,” Pierson said. “That will be our next step.”

link

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Now they are coming after Churches and Crosses. Where does this insanity end. What exists that in not a trigger point for our current crop of imbeciles. What next, music ? ethnic food ? clothing brands ? Haircut, length of ones stride ? Bottled water or tap ?. The absurdity is beyond comprehension. We as a Nation are at the precipice.... freefall comes next. www.youtube.com... I realize this is from a month ago. Momentum is building. where's it end ?

Some sympathy there, but is the constitutional background valid, if so, then you are talking about a house of prayer for everyone, probably something that the writers of the constitution didn't really resolve properly, and perhaps should have allowed icons of religions to be allowable per se. I am a follower of Jesus Christ, I think he got a way of living out our lives pretty well sorted, while that was two millennia ago, and he did die on the cross, which was also two millennia ago.
The question is what in Christian faith does the cross symbolise to Christians since then until today...is it the same for everybody of Christian faith? I'm not sure it does, but I can't be sure, probably never will be, however any dislike of the Christian cross by other religions/belief will be couched in the same general terms, perhaps even for those who don't follow the implicitness of dogma in their own religion.
I would be interested as to how any Christians see their faith in regard to the cross, and for non-Christians, their dislike of the symbolism of the cross as they understand it, or perhaps empathy for the Christian symbol of a man who died on the cross as a matter of his faith...for what he believed in.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: stormcell

Ever live near a church doing the blooming dongs every 15 minutes?.
We all have some way how to tell the time now we don't need to know every 15 ruddy minutes through the night.

Serious question:

Would it improve civilisation if instead of blooming dongs, we could hear the scream,
and thud, of a priest being tossed from those towers, every fifteen minutes?

A-and...here is part two:

How so?

If you are feeling especially chatty
why not clue us in as to what the next step(s) would be.

Towards the perfection of civilisation, I mean.

The LMG would appreciate some inspired guidelines.

# 861
edit on 24-8-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Did the State establish a law for that church?

If it did, then it violated the 1st.

edit on 8 24 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join