It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the 2nd ammendment been taken away in Oregon?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Sure it is. "Just a matter of time" lets see how it's played out. Ive been hearing about this guns being taken away from us for what, 30 years? Strange how gun sales keep rising and this refrain keeps getting stronger. I guess if I keep saying the sky is falling for 219 years straight I may get it right. Let me know when it happens, cause it won't

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Hello there!! Been a spell.

ummm...

No, they've not succeeded in completely destroying the 2nd amendment, not for lack of trying.

As long as things like this happen, I'll, along with a whole host of others, keep screamin' and fussin' about it. ...and giving my money to those evil folks in the NRA...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Hello back at you! I agree you must be vocal about the issue but I guess the idea of crying wolf has worn me down. Would you agree with the tens of thousands of threads, blogs, websites etc on the matter that have all said at least for the last ten years that "THEY" are coming to take our guns have been wrong? Gun sales are up. I guess whoever is trying to take our guns is not very successful. I'd say that is because "THEY" are not trying very hard.
edit on 27-8-2017 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

I would agree if it were, as you and others say, "crying wolf".

Both nationally and locally ordinances against the right to own guns have passed, and will pass. That more don't is testament to the fact that folks raise a ruckus.

We'll agree to disagree, as I think we probably have in the past...again.

Regardless, it's good to see you back in this jungle we call ATS.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Fair enough. The fact is gun sales are up. There are more guns, more sellers of guns, more avenues to buy guns then there ever has been. If guns were being taken away I'd feel the same. I've opened my eyes and realized the exact opposite has occurred. Literally the exact opposite. Instead of guns being taken away, ten of thousands more are now in circulation.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens
a reply to: bknapple32

Sure it is. "Just a matter of time" lets see how it's played out. Ive been hearing about this guns being taken away from us for what, 30 years? Strange how gun sales keep rising and this refrain keeps getting stronger. I guess if I keep saying the sky is falling for 219 years straight I may get it right. Let me know when it happens, cause it won't

Actually it has happened several times, even back when the colonists were trying to become independent from the British.

Here is an academic paper about it.

How the British Gun Control Program Precipitated the American Revolution

As for more recent events... Democrats have time and again "infringed" with the American's right to own and bear arms. In 1934 for example the "National Firearms Act" was passed by "progressive Democratic" President Franklin D. Roosevelt. That law "supposedly" was implemented to fight "gangland crimes", a $400 tax was imposed and all firearms had to be registered. That apart from essentially banning fully automatic weapons. Throughout the decades various democrats, and "progressives" continued to impose more and more laws that infringe the second amendment right.

Here is actually a timeline of gun control laws that were passed and later were proved to be unConstitutional, and laws that to this day are imposing restrictions that infringe on the second amendment right.

www.thoughtco.com...

So, you are wrong in your claims.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

If you infringe on the rights of one it is no longer a right but a privilege...

How do you idiots not get this?

There's a reason it was the BILL OF RIGHTS not the LIST OF PRIVILEGES FOR THOSE IN GOOD STANDING!

BTW the reason WHY THIS ISN'T OK was explained to you at least 3 times in school by 1st grade, repeated another 300 times by junior high, and etc ad nauseam...

If you don't understand this then frankly you are too stupid to vote own property drive or be allowed firearms vehicles or anything remotely potentially dangerous, but you're allowed to do all that stuff anyway right?

Why?

Because the rest of us know better and are smarter than you so we put up with you

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
People in Oregon should find out the names of every law enforcement officer in the state and file a petition to have their guns confiscated. That should gum up the courts for a while.

Oh man, you really said it there.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic
When it comes to guns, I'd say err on the side of caution. If there's reason enough for law enforcement to believe that someone is an extreme risk, this seems reasonable. The order has to go before a court first before approved. And there is an appeal process. So this might affect 0.1% of gun owners - and maybe 0.00001% of law-abiding, responsible gun owners - maybe 0%. And it may just save lives. So yeah, it seems reasonable to me.
It sounds reasonable but it's unConstitutional

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This law is redundant. We already have federal laws in place
that preclude the mentally unstable from weapons.

This law is simply gives more scope to WHO is actually
making the determination of mental stability.

Mental illness falls under the purview of medically licensed
professionals...not unlicensed citizens, regardless of
social stature or government office, or employ.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join