It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the 2nd ammendment been taken away in Oregon?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Which source... your wikipedia page had multiple sources ... most discredit your theory.

Is it really that hard to post one? Are you buying this time so you can actually read through them and find one that supports you.

Why won't you post where you got the 500,000 dgu figure from, or the 55,000 ... or the criminals afraid of death survey

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

You do have a point, this guy is thoroughly brainwashed and obviously not knowledgeable enough on the subject. Dunno why I'm wasting my time. I proved him wrong with simple math in 3 separate posts and he hasn't acknowledged any of them. I've got better things to do. Thanks for the sanity check.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: SudoNim

You know that's not what I'm arguing, I've stated that plainly several times already, nice lying though. So now you're linking to material with sources at the bottom even though you told me that's not good enough, lying, and pretending Wikipedia doesn't have sources. These are your debate tactics.

We were discussing the number of people murdered by guns in the US versus the number of lives saved in defensive gun uses in the US. Eye on the ball, son.

Which source from the wikipedia page are you using?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Five pages of asking you to back up your figures with a source and all you can do is point to a wikipedia page with 42 references and claim its in one of those.

You don't even know yourself.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Is there evidence that it was not?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

How is that speaking historically?

When one can identify a tourist as a potential "non gun owner" that becomes a preferred target.

That's just your opinion, which I disagree with. It may be a factor for a small few but generally I think the tourist label itself is the bigger lure since even in countries that don't have high gun-ownership tourists are still heavily targeted over locals.

Do you not understand that the law denoting license plates for rental vehicles to start with "R" made them a preferable target?

Do you not understand that leaping from this to gun-ownership is not factual... its your opinion.

It's not my opinion...go look it up. You probably aren't old enough to remember it...it happened in Florida in the late 80's or early 90's. Wow, you're so fired up that you're swinging even at someone that was on the same side of the debate...

Yes it is a "factual" thing. You're assuming that criminals are stupid, that they cannot tell the difference between a rental license plate (which denoted a high probability of an unarmed tourist ) with a normal license plate (which denoted a high probability of a local who could be armed.) After the plates were changed to not have an "R" the incidence of carjacking dropped.

I'm sure that's pure opinion.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Face, it was nice discussing this topic with you...I'm calling it a night. Would love to chat more with you about this another time.

As for you SudoNim...You certainly are one sided...and you're not having a discussion as much as you are pointing fingers and trying to find fault (aka nitpicking) everything...to what end? To gloat? Good luck.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Lojack

Yes.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

It's not my opinion...go look it up. You probably aren't old enough to remember it...it happened in Florida in the late 80's or early 90's. Wow, you're so fired up that you're swinging even at someone that was on the same side of the debate...

If its not an opinion then please post the factual, I'm happy to be proven wrong on this but you haven't posted anything to suggest its not just an opinion.

Yes it is a "factual" thing. You're assuming that criminals are stupid, that they cannot tell the difference between a rental license plate (which denoted a high probability of an unarmed tourist ) with a normal license plate (which denoted a high probability of a local who could be armed.)

Wow... ok, you are really struggling to understand this. Yes criminals can tell the difference between rental licence plates, but why do you think they were looking for unarmed tourists and not just tourists.

Since tourists in other countries are also identified and targeted by criminals based on their licence plate and this has nothing to do with potential ownership of firearm?

Do you see what I mean? Even if no-one in Florida had a gun, criminals would still target the tourists as they are easier targets. They are out of their element.

So no its not a FACTUAL thing, I don't think you know what a fact is.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

But, but, the left does not, and has not tried to take our right to own and bear arms... Or several left-wingers in this site have claimed...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Before everybody blames the left for this, keep in mind this was a Republican who wrote the bill.

Do you mean "the RINO"? Any republican that votes for such laws is not a Republican, but a "Republican In Name Only". When a Republican does not back what is written in the U.S. Constitution, but in fact is backing what most Democrats and others in the left want, that Senator is only showing not to be Republican.

Also, remember that this started with the democrats, including Gov. Kate Brown, trying to pass even more restrictive gun control laws.

I would suggest for Republicans in Oregon to get Sen. Brian Boquist out of office ASAP, and never again allow this RINO, among others, from ever running under the Republican ticket.

edit on 26-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I dont think the Zionist world order is all that big on constitutions or bills of rights

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Republican Democrat, there's little to nothing separating the two anymore. Save the spelling.

Nor, truth to tell is there much separating the fringes of the two parties...both are all for totalitarian nonsense, so long as it's them doin' the totalitarian nonsense.

"Totalitarian nonsense" would mean that Republicans are all in favor of more government control, and that's not true. There are too many RINOs in office, but it is not the majority of Republicans, such as former Senator Ron Paul, or his son Rand Paul.

However, if you look at Democrats, the majority of them are in favor of these laws.

One Republican Sen. doesn't make all Republican Senators favor this "gun control law."

edit on 26-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
I dont think the Zionist world order is all that big on constitutions or bills of rights

Please leave the "zionist" nonsense out of this. There is enough race division occurring in the Union, we don't need even more such nonsense.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

the simple answer is NO! The more complex answer is it only applies to mentally ill diagnosable with an affadivit or evidence of prior behavior. I'm totally for this as a gun owner. These nutjobs give law abiding citizens a bad name. stop being so paranoid.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Three things are needed in your country,1.term limits 2.no dual nationals in government and 3.no pledges of allegience to Israel where the hell do you think this division is coming from you may wish to study who owns your media.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
look like is time for nra lawyers to come out and try to fight this unconstitutional crap

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Three things are needed in your country,1.term limits 2.no dual nationals in government and 3.no pledges of allegience to Israel where the hell do you think this division is coming from you may wish to study who owns your media.

You really have no idea what in the heck you are talking about...

Ted Turner, the owner of CNN, is a communist, and an atheist...
George Soros is an atheist and a very left-wing progressive liberal...

The MSM in general is very "liberal progressive" and extreme leftists, except a few like Fox News.

Google, Yahoo, fakebook, etc, etc are not owned by "jewish people"...

So please, leave your brainwashed propaganda bs were it belongs, in the trash.

Not to mention that "just being Jewish" doesn't make anyone, and everyone part of your conflated and delusional conspiracy theory.

edit on 26-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

But, but, the left does not, and has not tried to take our right to own and bear arms... Or several left-wingers in this site have claimed...

For the record, Im one of those people youd probably call, " one of the left on ats"

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Ted Turner sold CNN in 1996
Google 'Jewish media USA somewhere' in the 3 430 000 responses you'll get your answers 94 per cent of your media is run by them please know your facts before you call someone ignorant
edit on 27-8-2017 by khnum because: more info

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join