It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venice, Italy Mayor: Shoot Anyone Who Yells This Phrase

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1
I think the planet should adopt this policy. Nip it in the bud, I say. You want to play the terrorism game, then you will immediately pay the price.

Venice's right-wing mayor has ordered cops to shoot ANYONE who shouts 'Allahu Akbar' - rather than risk a terror attack .

The phrase in Arabic for 'God is greatest' has been shouted in multiple terrorist incidents across the continent, but is more commonly harmlessly used by Muslims during prayers as a reminder of God's significance in their lives.

The Times reports that mayor of Venice Luigi Brugnaro has reportedly decided its an unacceptable phrase to be shouted in the city's St Marks Square.

More at the link:

www.mirror.co.uk...

But what if they misheard.....

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen
I am not a linguistic expert, but based upon observation I must assume that phrase means "YOU DIE NOW!!!"

Then you would be incorrect in your assumption. It actually translates as "Allah is Greater" or "Allah is [the] greatest".

It may "translate" as that, but when shouted out loud around a bunch of people it means, "I WILL KILL YOU NOW"!!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If someone starts shouting Allahu Akhbar in the street for no reason...

I mean what do you expect nowadays, somebody to kneel down and pray?

Of course it is a right wing thing, so demonic and bad.

Common sense will prevail eventually I suppose.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Wishful thinking.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

Best news of the day!

Looking forward to when it comes to our shores.

peace

link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Wishful thinking.

Then call me a dreamer.

link   
It may also mean, "I'm on my way to meet the 72 virgins that await my manly manliness!"

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Islamism is a right wing thing.

The entire religion is.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
It may also mean, "I'm on my way to meet the 72 virgins that await my manly manliness!"

Provided that the manliness doesn't get blown off by the suicide belt!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Good safety tip of the day, noted...

I don't know about everyone else, but if someone was running towards me screaming Allahu Akbar over and over I think I might react in a negative way...

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
People will bash this idea......until it saves lives. Then those who opposed it will be on the wrong side. We need to learn, that WE NEVER LEARN. Not to mention that it's in Venice Italy and in no way, shape, form or fashion involves me or mine here in N.C. So if those folks want to shoot people for the phrase...who am I to argue.
edit on 24-8-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Islamism is a right wing thing.

The entire religion is.

I was referring to the OP.

But trying to fit terrorism into standard ideologies of right and left wing is a huge mistake.

For this very reason we have the issues in the US and UK and Europe right now.

Being of a political leaning does not make you a terrorist. Being an extremist makes you a terrorist.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Hey some people around the world are starting to wake up.
Kudos to this mayor for ordering it.
Maybe I am wrong but your ordinary, every day law abiding Muslims are not shouting this while they are heading down to get a coffee or a meal.
Time to wake up people....extreme measures are needed to deal with these terrorist cockroaches.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Can i shoot people that say "Go back to Africa!"? Like you, I can go ahead and nip that in the bud.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

But trying to fit terrorism into standard ideologies of right and left wing is a huge mistake.

I don't think it is.

Considering terrorism is a right wing ideology.

Islam is itself a marriage of religious and political ideology all rolled in to one crap sandwhich.

Terrorist's are nothing more than a bunch of right wing neocons clinging to their guns and religion trying to spread their version of freedom and democracy to the unwashed masses.

Hardly a mistake.

But a rather apt description.
edit on 24-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Interesting.

I'm surprised I don't see the same defenders of Nazi's/KKK free speech defending this.

How shocking....

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
Can i shoot people that say "Go back to Africa!"? Like you, I can go ahead and nip that in the bud.

I guess when they start saying it right before killing a few dozen black people with a bomb or ak47 then sure.....at least in Italy. Or does your question pertain to white south Africans as well? Or was it just because you're black and actually have no ties to Africa at all?

Anywho....your question seems a racist one....Muslim extremists kill everyone regardless of race.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Depends, If a guy yells that while he drops a bag in the floor and run....

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
This mayor just went..................

Sure seems like it, besides anyone shouting out, 'Allahu Akbar' have usually commissioned their deed, or have already got their finger on their suicide belt. And ironically if their suicide belt is a fake, they will likely get shot anyway...exactly as it happened in Spain.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Interesting.

I'm surprised I don't see the same defenders of Nazi's/KKK free speech defending this.

How shocking....
You missed my post then. I support free speech, including Muslim exclamations of faith.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join